Reasons Why Replacing Trump With Any Of The Democrats Is Of First Importance

Trump's presidency is a train wreck.  This partial list represents a mere slice of what makes Donald Trump unacceptable as president of the United States and what makes it of utmost importance that Americans of all political parties and positions reject and replace him.

Trump's failures and unnecessary cruelties:

-  Internment of children under inhuman conditions, at the border.

-  Insulted and alienated allies of the US causing the democratic world to become leaderless.

-  Cozied up to dictators and autocrats at a moment when worldwide democracy movements needed help and inspiration

-  Here in the US, he has indulged in the politics of division instead of unity

-  Transformed the White House into a world capital of ignorance, dishonesty and disinformation.  From lies about the size of his inauguration crowd to hurricane predictions.

-  Continually badmouths the progressive state of California, jeering at its problems and mocking it with solutions which are unworkable, nonsensical or cruel.

-  Denies climate change, scuttling the Nations ability to take leadership in the low emission and carbon capturing technologies

-  He has disparaged the Diplomatic Corps, making the US look erratic and foolish in foreign affairs.

-  Trump has cheapened his office, instilled distrust in essential institutions of justice and democracy and replaced knowledge and professionalism with ignorance and amateurism.

-  He has made light of Russian interference in US election, for obvious self-serving reasons.

-  He has eliminated or reduced independent Science Advisory Panels so he can remove fact from policy-making.

-  He has undercut the moral standing of the US by shrugging off the murder of Jamal Khashoggi and cozying up to the tyrants of the House of Saud.

-  He has sullied the office of the presidency by using it to express his personal contempt for people he does not like or who do not support him, like John McCain.

-  He has appealed to the basest part of our culture, lifting into the mainstream chords and currents of racism that had long been left to fester in only our darkest corners.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-10-20/trump-failures-outrages

2 hours ago, bludog said:

Trump's presidency is a train wreck.  This partial list represents a mere slice of what makes Donald Trump unacceptable as president of the United States and what makes it of utmost importance that Americans of all political parties and positions reject and replace him.

Trump's failures and unnecessary cruelties:

-  Internment of children under inhuman conditions, at the border.

-  Insulted and alienated allies of the US causing the democratic world to become leaderless.

-  Cozied up to dictators and autocrats at a moment when worldwide democracy movements needed help and inspiration

-  Here in the US, he has indulged in the politics of division instead of unity

-  Transformed the White House into a world capital of ignorance, dishonesty and disinformation.  From lies about th  e size of his inauguration crowd to hurricane predictions.

-  Continually badmouths the progressive state of California, jeering at its problems and mocking it with solutions which are unworkable, nonsensical or cruel.

-  Denies climate change, scuttling the Nations ability to take leadership in the low emission and carbon capturing technologies

-  He has disparaged the Diplomatic Corps, making the US look erratic and foolish in foreign affairs.

-  Trump has cheapened his office, instilled distrust in essential institutions of justice and democracy and replaced knowledge and professionalism with ignorance and amateurism.

-  He has made light of Russian interference in US election, for obvious self-serving reasons.

-  He has eliminated or reduced independent Science Advisory Panels so he can remove fact from policy-making.

-  He has undercut the moral standing of the US by shrugging off the murder of Jamal Khashoggi and cozening up to the tyrants of the House of Saud.

-  He has sullied the office of the presidency by using it to express his personal contempt for people he does not like or who do not support him, like John McCain.

-  He has appealed to the basest part of our culture, lifting into the mainstream chords and currents of racism that had long been left to fester in only our darkest corners.

Add to the above:

- Made horrible military decisions.

- Blabbed sensitive security information.

- Instructed the EPA to weaken environmental protections.

- Enriched himself at cost to the country.

- many more.

The worst of the Democratic contenders for the candidacy would not do any of the above.

18 minutes ago, laripu said:

The worst of the Democratic contenders for the candidacy would not do any of the above.

This is why Democrats of integrity have a moral obligation to switch loyalties if necessary, and support our eventual nominee.

And I'll say it again Michael Moore is spot on when he stressed the importance to get ballot initiatives on the 2020 November ballot specifically marijuana legalization, you want to get the young liberal vote motivated this will all but assure Trump will be landslided in November.

Absolutely we need to support the eventual nominee, even if he or she is not our first second or third choice. Democrats have the numbers if we can get out the vote.

Not only can we defeat Trump, we can bring Moscow Mitch’s reign of terror to an end.

11 hours ago, Olivaw said:

Absolutely we need to support the eventual nominee, even if he or she is not our first second or third choice. Democrats have the numbers if we can get out the vote.

Not only can we defeat Trump, we can bring Moscow Mitch’s reign of terror to an end.

Ending the stranglehold McConnell has had the past 8 years needs to end, this country needs infrastructure work and he has single handedly kept everything in limbo all in the name of the Republican party, having people of such narrow minded interests is hurting the middle class and he couldn't care less. McConnell carries himself with such an self proclaimed invincibility its just sickening that this person is supposed to be a servant for the people but hes proven himself nothing of the kind. The disgusting brashness of his declaration of not being an impartial juror should have people gathering outside his home demanding his resignation but we are sadly divided and despite the disgusting behavior of our elected officials we sit idle.

I agree that we need to put support behind the nominee but if it is someone that is incompetent for the job and will get blown out (Joe) should we focus our efforts as much? 

People should be having a discussion stating the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate. 

Joe Biden's Numbers are purely this high because of his Name Recognition. Not because of the person he is or the policies that he represents. 

1 hour ago, zkyllonen8 said:

I agree that we need to put support behind the nominee but if it is someone that is incompetent for the job and will get blown out (Joe) should we focus our efforts as much? 

It would be extremely unfortunate if Biden actually gets the Democratic nomination.  But despite all his drawbacks, he would be far better for the Nation, you and me, than Trump. And if he gets impeached for incompetence or something, his vice president will probably also be a Democrat.  The way I see it, we have no choice but to fully support whoever becomes our nominee.

1 hour ago, zkyllonen8 said:

People should be having a discussion stating the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate

Joe Biden's Numbers are purely this high because of his Name Recognition. Not because of the person he is or the policies that he represents. 

No matter which party, most people don't have much political awareness.  Without media influence, they are likely to be attracted to a candidate mostly by Hollywood standards.  It is obvious to many of us, watching Joe Biden speak, that he is failing badly.  It is a mystery to me why more people don't also recognize (acknowledge?) it.

Biden is our pawn not our queen we play him like we can loose him

that is why we elect him if we have to, because we can use him , we can not use Trump

let them stall Biden, we need the senate

and some time to clean up the mess

best I can tell there has not been a better time for the Liberal party to see some of it's better ideas to come to light

Republicans know it , and they are already gearing up to stop it 

dont forget to get ready for the fight that is about to come , they didn't 

On 12/31/2019 at 8:15 PM, bludog said:

This is why Democrats of integrity have a moral obligation to switch loyalties if necessary, and support our eventual nominee.

Sorry but I am better off if we lose and forego our turn if our nominee is a corporate toady warmonger with no good health plan.

Because that's possibly 4 more years of Trump, then Democrats will have FINALLY learned their lesson, and then it will be our turn in 2024 to try for something meaningful.

6 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

Sorry but I am better off if we lose and forego our turn if our nominee is a corporate toady warmonger with no good health plan.

If Democrats were to "forego our turn" now, in 2020, it would be in incredibly stupid, self-destructive act, from which we might never recover.  Were Democrats to obediently stand aside and hand the 2020 presidential election to the Republicans, as some are reckless enough to advocate, it would be an exercise in futility at best.  And at worst, it would be the end of representative government in the USA. 

It is doubtful that any of the Democratic candidates would have ordered what we just witnessed with the execution of General Soleimani.   

6 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

Because that's possibly 4 more years of Trump, then Democrats will have FINALLY learned their lesson, and then it will be our turn in 2024 to try for something meaningful.

This is a dangerous all-or-nothing approach based on the assumption that after four more years, there will still be anything like meaningful elections.  We cannot be this complacent.  Trump's first term has been a power-grab of unprecedented proportions.  Deliberately allowing him more time, in hopes of a utopian future, stretches the bounds of credibility.

Voluntarily giving Fascist elements the opportunity to further consolidate their power, is not an option.  If Trump is allowed to continue his destructive path for another four years, there is a strong possibility that "our turn" may never come in 2024.

This is why Democrats of integrity have a moral obligation to switch loyalties if necessary, and support our eventual nominee.  Hopefully, most Democrats will have learned a lesson from the complacency of 2016 and rally around our eventual candidate.

4 minutes ago, bludog said:

If Democrats were to "forego our turn" now, in 2020, it would be in incredibly stupid, self-destructive act, from which we might never recover.

We are not losing the House so they can't do anything up top.

I know we keep the House. I can support that. NC just automatically picked up two seats then we get more next cycle, promise at least one more then.

I am ready to build on a real revolution and am not playing.

What are you fighting for?

6 minutes ago, bludog said:

Were Democrats to obediently stand aside

Supporting a warmongering corporate toady like Biden with no health plan is obediently standing aside.

7 minutes ago, bludog said:

This is why Democrats of integrity have a moral obligation to switch loyalties if necessary, and support our eventual nominee.  Hopefully, most Democrats will have learned a lesson from the complacency of 2016 and rally around our eventual candidate.

Hitlery would have been no winner for us, now would she? She's a corproate toady warmonger. Once Medicaid survived, as we expected it would, I was not angry anymore. Instead I got a tiny tax cut.

Now I know how to shake the damn vending machine with MFA.

9 minutes ago, bludog said:

We are just letting you guys know we are not on board with certain ones in advance this time, some of us. 

2 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Supporting a warmongering corporate toady like Biden with no health plan is obediently standing aside.

So you're saying Biden is as bad as Trump?  Not by a long shot.  Despite all his faults, he would not subvert our elections.  He would not act as a proxy for Putin.  Biden might be a corporate Democrat.  But there are degrees of corruption and, compared to Trump, Biden is pure as the riven snow.

5 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Hitlery would have been no winner for us, now would she? She's a corproate toady warmonger. Once Medicaid survived, as we expected it would, I was not angry anymore. Instead I got a tiny tax cut.

Now I know how to shake the damn vending machine with MFA.

Comparing Hillary unfavorably to Trump is beyond absurd.  Assuming Trump is an ordinary historical phenomena is a mistake.  His entire three years, thus far, has been a power-grab.  Despite valiant efforts by the House of Representatives.

8 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

We are just letting you guys know we are not on board with certain ones in advance this time, some of us. 

Most Democrats will be wise enough to have learned the lesson of 2016.  They will not squander their votes again.  There will be exceptions.

3 minutes ago, bludog said:

Most Democrats will be wise enough to have learned the lesson of 2016.  They will not squander their votes again.  There will be exceptions.

19 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

I know we keep the House. I can support that. NC just automatically picked up two seats then we get more next cycle, promise at least one more then.

I am concerned only about the Senate. Cal Cunningham has not answered if he supports MFA.

33 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Yes.  Wasting one's vote would be a serious concession to Putin and Fascism here in the US.  

It's true;  Biden has a senatorial record of voting for conflict.  But you would not see a reckless action from him, like the drone strike against General Soleimani.  And in a hypothetical Biden presidency, his foreign policies would most probably be much like Obama's, and we would not have major conflict.  And Biden most definitely is a corporate Democrat.  But that does not preclude electoral change, after he's gone.

But I don't see Biden gaining the nomination.  He is still the putative front runner, but gradually losing support.  And there's still along time to go before November.  As Biden, in his present state of decline, gets further public exposure, I see him fading.

28 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

The insult "Hitlery" comes from the extreme right wing. Using it is like saying Sanders is Stalin. It's a stupid f*cked up insult.

Hillary Clinton came up with a universal healthcare proposal in the 90s that conservatives hated. She addressed the issue.

Your accusation that she's a 

34 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

corproate toady warmonger.

makes me think you might be a Russian operative tasked with dividing the American opposition to Trump.

19 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

I am concerned only about the Senate. Cal Cunningham has not answered if he supports MFA.

MFA is very important.  But truly, to get it passed into law, we need majorities in all three branches.  With any one of the Democrats, electoral change will be possible after they leave office.  With Trump, a revolutionary move to the right and the end of meaningful elections, is a dangerous possibility.  We must do everything in our power to replace Trump with a Democrat.

14 minutes ago, laripu said:

The insult "Hitlery" comes from the extreme right wing. Using it is like saying Sanders is Stalin. It's a stupid f*cked up insult.

Hillary Clinton came up with a universal healthcare proposal in the 90s that conservatives hated. She addressed the issue.

Your accusation that she's a 

makes me think you might be a Russian operative tasked with dividing the American opposition to Trump.

She was and still is lock step. Ask her about Slowbamacare.

Hitlery does not pass the smell test I detect Zionist warmongering.

1 hour ago, WillFranklin said:

What are you fighting for?

A lady asked Benjamin Franklin, as he left the Constitutional Convention "What have you given us Mr. Franklin?"  he answered, "A republic madam, if you can keep it."

Well, first and foremost, I'm fighting to keep it !  If we lose representative government, MFA will be but a dream.

Never, since the Civil War has our Democratic Republic been in such danger.

We are not losing the House so they can't do anything up top.

Have you been watching the way Trump stonewalled the House during impeachment?  It is unprecedented in American history.  Have you observed how Trump bypasses the House in all his policy and decisions?  It is a juggernaut on the road to Fascism.   And it has to be stopped ASAP, not five years in the future.

I am ready to build on a real revolution and am not playing.

The only revolution likely, if Trump is allowed to win again, will be Fascism.  One of Trump's stated aims is unlimited terms of office for himself. 

https://fortune.com/2019/05/06/donald-trump-presidential-term-limit/