Fact: pink Floyd is the best band in the universe.

Vegas

If there are other universes outside the one we live in, then pink Floyd would be the best band in all of those univeses also. If you disagree, then you should feel ashamed of yourself.  If you dont feel ashamed of yourself, then you should feel ashamed of yourself for not feeling ashamed of yourself. 

3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Music is subjective. I like Pink Floyd but would not say that they are the best. Even saying who is the best is a purely subjective statement. If I had to say which band's sound is the most difficult to replicate, I would go with Skinny Puppy, Tool, or Dream Theatre

You computer programmers are such bores. Clearly, the op was satire. Not everything is binary with if/else statements and boolean logic. Live a little. 

2 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Yep. Sure have. Led Zeppelin is awesome. I have all their albums. They are just not as awsome as Pink Floyd. 

With a handful of exceptions, Pink Floyd is empty noodling and pseudo-philosophy.

19 minutes ago, Vegas said:

You computer programmers are such bores. Clearly, the op was satire. Not everything is binary with if/else statements and boolean logic. Live a little. 

Just stating simple facts. Anyways, the first song that I was obsessed with was Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly. While I moved on from it and became a lifetime fan of Simple Minds, Bauhaus, The Cure, and Social Distortion, it was the one song that got me hooked on rock music. 

Just now, impartialobserver said:

Just stating simple facts. Anyways, the first song that I was obsessed with was Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly. While I moved on from it and became a lifetime fan of Simple Minds, Bauhaus, The Cure, and Social Distortion, it was the one song that got me hooked on rock music. 

Try listening to pink floyd's Time, great gig in the sky, money, or Shine on you Crazy Diamond. Obviously comfortably numb as well. 

29 minutes ago, Vegas said:

If there are other universes outside the one we live in, then pink Floyd would be the best band in all of those univeses also. If you disagree, then you should feel ashamed of yourself.  If you dont feel ashamed of yourself, then you should feel ashamed of yourself for not feeling ashamed of yourself. 

I like Pink Floyd, but you have a hard case to make.  They don't have the most #1 hits, they only have the 7th best selling album of all time (Eagles have #1 and #3), they aren't among the top in total albums sold (Garth is #1, followed by Elvis then Eagles)...in fact, they aren't in the top 5 in any quantitative measure.

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

I like Pink Floyd, but you have a hard case to make.  They don't have the most #1 hits, they only have the 7th best selling album of all time (Eagles have #1 and #3), they aren't among the top in total albums sold (Garth is #1, followed by Elvis then Eagles)...in fact, they aren't in the top 5 in any quantitative measure.

Its not my fault that the public doesnt understand the genius of their music. 

24 minutes ago, kking said:

OP obviously hasn't heard of Led Zeppelin or Oasis.

Oasis isn't anywhere near the great bands and shouldn't be in the same sentence as Led Zeppelin. 

I do like Pink Floyd a lot. I don't think there is such a thing as "the best" People try to do the same thing with guitarists. They will say Hendrix is the best or Page. It is complete nonsense. It is all subjective and different styles. There are many guitarists more technical than Page and Hendrix but even that doesn't matter. Page isn't that technical (some say he is even sloppy) but his ability to put together riffs is amazing. 

43 minutes ago, Vegas said:

They have some good albums but can't touch Zeppelin or Aerosmith or The Rolling Stones or the Beatles. Definitely somewhere in my top ten though. 

4 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

Oasis isn't anywhere near the great bands and shouldn't be in the same sentence as Led Zeppelin. 

Jimmy Page on 'What's the Story Morning Glory," circa 1996: "I wish we had had the vision to create an album like this."

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

They have some good albums but can't touch Zeppelin or Aerosmith or The Rolling Stones or the Beatles. Definitely somewhere in my top ten though. 

Aerosmith is garbage. 

Just now, NeoConvict said:

After they got sober they definitely declined but Dream On is one of my favorite rock anthems. 

Mine too. I was going to say "except for Dream On" in my prior post, but then I would've exposed myself as a filthy casual lol.

8 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

It would appear that you also are going to hell. 

26 minutes ago, kking said:

Jimmy Page on 'What's the Story Morning Glory," circa 1996: "I wish we had had the vision to create an album like this."

Aerosmith is garbage. 

Again, it is all subject, so telling me that Page thought something Oasis did was brilliant is meaningless. To me Oasis was just another poppy band in the 90's. 

Just now, Redoctober said:

Again, it is all subject, so telling me that Page thought something Oasis did was brilliant is meaningless. To me Oasis was just another poppy band in the 90's. 

It's a fake quote. I thought you would be googling it in outrage lol. 

I know it's all subjective, just messing around.