Jump to content

Schumer Demands Witnesses Be Called at Senate Impeachment Trial


Recommended Posts

WASHINGTON — The Senate trial of President Trump must include witnesses and documents that answer new questions that have emerged about the roles top White House aides played in blocking the release of $391 million in military aid for Ukraine, Senator Chuck Schumer said Monday.

 

The comments by Mr. Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, came in response to an article published Sunday by The New York Times. It detailed how a number of White House advisers — including the acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney — dealt with Mr. Trump’s order to freeze military aid that was approved by Congress for Ukraine as it fights a war against Russia-backed separatists.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/30/us/politics/schumer-witnesses-impeachment.html

  • fucking asshole 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

WASHINGTON — The Senate trial of President Trump must include witnesses and documents that answer new questions that have emerged about the roles top White House aides played in blocking the release of $391 million in military aid for Ukraine, Senator Chuck Schumer said Monday.

 

The comments by Mr. Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, came in response to an article published Sunday by The New York Times. It detailed how a number of White House advisers — including the acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney — dealt with Mr. Trump’s order to freeze military aid that was approved by Congress for Ukraine as it fights a war against Russia-backed separatists.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/30/us/politics/schumer-witnesses-impeachment.html

Yea schiff the Bidens 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

WASHINGTON — The Senate trial of President Trump must include witnesses and documents that answer new questions that have emerged about the roles top White House aides played in blocking the release of $391 million in military aid for Ukraine, Senator Chuck Schumer said Monday.

 

The comments by Mr. Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, came in response to an article published Sunday by The New York Times. It detailed how a number of White House advisers — including the acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney — dealt with Mr. Trump’s order to freeze military aid that was approved by Congress for Ukraine as it fights a war against Russia-backed separatists.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/30/us/politics/schumer-witnesses-impeachment.html

He's in the minority and should sit in the back of the bus where he belongs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Olivaw said:

Evidence of Trump’s high crimes and misdemeanors continues to mount. The minor delay in transmitting the articles of impeachment to the senate has been good for the nation. 

I hope they get witnesses. It will blow up spectacularly and drag the trial out for months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Evidence of Trump’s high crimes and misdemeanors continues to mount. The minor delay in transmitting the articles of impeachment to the senate has been good for the nation. 

 

Exactly. We now see why McConnell was trying to rush the trial to a speedy vote.

  • Fuck you! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

He's in the minority and should sit in the back of the bus where he belongs.

not so fast...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/2nd-senate-republican-questions-impartiality-of-impeachment-trial/ar-BBYvbuu?ocid=spartanntp

 

and then there is Bolton.....

his underlings case was thrown out of court. this don't look so good for those who want a coverup of trumps crimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

I hope they get witnesses. It will blow up spectacularly and drag the trial out for months. 

when the eyewitnesses testify against trump how on earth could you possibly still support him?

21 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Executive privilege. Democrats were too impatient to let the courts decide on that one. Bolton was never subpoenaed. 

executive privilege does not apply to crimes and they are obviously witnesses to crimes or trump[ would be touting them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, harryramar said:

not so fast...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/2nd-senate-republican-questions-impartiality-of-impeachment-trial/ar-BBYvbuu?ocid=spartanntp

 

and then there is Bolton.....

his underlings case was thrown out of court. this don't look so good for those who want a coverup of trumps crimes.

At the request of the justice department, no verdict was rendered. It wasn't thrown out of court so much as Democrats were no longer pursuing the subpoena.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, harryramar said:

when the eyewitnesses testify against trump how on earth could you possibly still support him?

The facts are clear. Trump, against the judgement and guidance of his advisers, pressured Ukraine to investigate potential crimes committed by the Bidens. You think that request was a breech of law. I don't. More witnesses confirming already established and admitted facts won't make the Democrats case any stronger. Witnesses that can confirm the investigation request was in the national interest however would seriously change the narrative. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...