As DACA ends, deportation proceedings begin

Golfboy

It was nice of Obama to get them all to register, so we know where to send ICE to pick them up

While the decision is still technically hung up at the Supreme Court, DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) remains on track to come to an end. Absent some sort of comprehensive immigration bill making it through Congress, this seems to be a certainty at this point. This means that the previous protection from deportation afforded to program participants is also coming to a close and ICE has already begun the process of informing some of them that their cases are being reopened. Of course, most of this activity is still just in the paperwork stage right now, with no actual removals likely to take place until this summer at the earliest, assuming they are even prioritized for action at that time. 

Zoila Pelayo, who has been a DACA participant since 2012, recently received notice that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has sought reopening of her removal proceedings.

And this is just the beginning.

ICE has informed CNN that every DACA recipient whose deportation case was administratively closed can expect to see his or her proceeding reopened.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is going to backfire tremendously on Trump, these people by no fault of their own were taken here by their parents or other relative when they were small children and have been here their entire life knowing no other place as home and Trump wants to kick them out of here into a completely foreign country to them. We definitely need to have a secure border and discourage all illegal immigration but this is just pure targeting people who are an easy grab. I'm probably the most pro secure border Democrat on this forum but this is just wrong in so many ways, l only see this hurting Trump in the upcoming election.

1 hour ago, fourputt said:

I think this is going to backfire tremendously on Trump, these people by no fault of their own were taken here by their parents or other relative when they were small children and have been here their entire life knowing no other place as home and Trump wants to kick them out of here into a completely foreign country to them. We definitely need to have a secure border and discourage all illegal immigration but this is just pure targeting people who are an easy grab. I'm probably the most pro secure border Democrat on this forum but this is just wrong in so many ways, l only see this hurting Trump in the upcoming election.

1 hour ago, fourputt said:

9 hours ago, Golfboy said:

It was nice of Obama to get them all to register, so we know where to send ICE to pick them up

While the decision is still technically hung up at the Supreme Court, DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) remains on track to come to an end. Absent some sort of comprehensive immigration bill making it through Congress, this seems to be a certainty at this point. This means that the previous protection from deportation afforded to program participants is also coming to a close and ICE has already begun the process of informing some of them that their cases are being reopened. Of course, most of this activity is still just in the paperwork stage right now, with no actual removals likely to take place until this summer at the earliest, assuming they are even prioritized for action at that time. 

Zoila Pelayo, who has been a DACA participant since 2012, recently received notice that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has sought reopening of her removal proceedings.

ICE has informed CNN that every DACA recipient whose deportation case was administratively closed can expect to see his or her proceeding reopened.

It is the must humane treatment you can administer to an illegal alien. Send them back. 

9 hours ago, Golfboy said:

Good...the rule of law.

4 hours ago, fourputt said:

If your parents rob a bank you don't get to keep the money. I personally think these people should be given some form of legal status and a path to citizenship with the understanding this is the last time amnesty will be offered. 

Just now, NeoConvict said:

A president asking another head of state to look into potential criminal activity committed by the prior administration isn't illegal. 

That was totally bogus, all he wanted Zelensky to to was ANNOUNCE that there would be an investigation.

What Trump did was illegal.

The fatbastard  egomaniac is totally unqualified to lead this country.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

Trump said in a speech."I LOVE the DACA kids!"

I will bet you dollars to doughnuts he will offer a last minute permanent status to them. Probably an October surprise. "See, the do nothing Democrats did nothing for you. For six years they could have come up with something but they just don't care. I do. I hereby give all those fine fine daca people legal status to remain in this great country. Beautiful, beautiful. Do nothing Democrats would have let you be deported or suffer longer in the shadows. Horribly, horribly wrong, worse than you can ever imagine"

Surprise!!