Every trial is a pursuit of truth. Will my colleagues in the Senate uphold that?

Doug Jones, a Democrat, represents Alabama in the U.S. Senate.

“Verdict,” from the Latin “veredictum,” means “to say the truth.”

Soon, my colleagues in the Senate and I will be called on to fulfill a solemn constitutional duty: to render verdicts — to say the truth — in the impeachment trial of President Donald J. Trump.

Our decision will have enormous consequences, not just for President Trump, but for future presidencies and Congresses, and our national security.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/every-trial-is-a-pursuit-of-truth-will-my-colleagues-in-the-senate-uphold-that/2019/12/30/22cfa6ea-2b06-11ea-bcb3-ac6482c4a92f_story.html

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition, the existence of the whistleblower complaint became public on Sept. 9. Later that day, Bolton either resigned or was fired. Regardless, two days later, military assistance to Ukraine was released. Bolton should also answer these questions under oath:

“At the time you left the White House, were you still sounding alarms about what was going on with regard to Ukraine? Were you fired, or did you resign because you raised concerns? Did the public awareness of the whistleblower complaint cause the administration to release the military aid?”

Just now, leftwinger said:

Soon, my colleagues in the Senate and I will be called on to fulfill a solemn constitutional duty: to render verdicts — to say the truth — in the impeachment trial of President Donald J. Trump.

Our decision will have enormous consequences, not just for President Trump, but for future presidencies and Congresses, and our national security.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/every-trial-is-a-pursuit-of-truth-will-my-colleagues-in-the-senate-uphold-that/2019/12/30/22cfa6ea-2b06-11ea-bcb3-ac6482c4a92f_story.html

The Dems are f ucking hilarious and just as f ucking crazy as you and your ilk are.....

Their game of trying to act as though their impeachment was fair and followed a decorum of jurisprudence is laughable if not criminal....

Doug Jones is feeling the heat from his own district and knows if he doesn't deliver Trump's head on a silver platter his career is OVER....

Now you mother f uckers are begging...hilarious.

Just now, leftwinger said:

In addition, the existence of the whistleblower complaint became public on Sept. 9. Later that day, Bolton either resigned or was fired. Regardless, two days later, military assistance to Ukraine was released. Bolton should also answer these questions under oath:

“At the time you left the White House, were you still sounding alarms about what was going on with regard to Ukraine? Were you fired, or did you resign because you raised concerns? Did the public awareness of the whistleblower complaint cause the administration to release the military aid?”

I have no problem letting Bolton Testify ...as long as both Hunter and Joe testify....

As well as the whistleblower whom are own government called highly partisan.....

Trump has loudly criticized the House investigation but has said he believes the Senate will provide him a fair trial and that he wants witnesses to testify. If he chooses to maintain his blockade, however, the Senate needs only a simple bipartisan majority to issue subpoenas for witness testimony of and relevant documents. Conducting a full, fair and complete trial demands nothing less.

Every trial is a pursuit of the truth. That’s all I want.

4 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

FUKK YOU

535 members of Congress.

Absolutely none are impartial.

Look at how the House handle that sham, farcical, "inquiry".   

Pure, raw, vicious, partisan politics.  Nothing impartial about it.

13 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Why was Comey fired? You knew crap about it when it happened....now you know the scumbag was crooked as a snake and engaged in treasonous behavior that's going to lock him up for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

535 members of Congress.

The House impeaches. The Senate holds a trial. Why is this so difficult for you right wingers to comprehend?!

1 hour ago, Whitemajikman said:

The Dems are f ucking hilarious and just as f ucking crazy as you and your ilk are.....

Their game of trying to act as though their impeachment was fair and followed a decorum of jurisprudence is laughable if not criminal....

Doug Jones is feeling the heat from his own district and knows if he doesn't deliver Trump's head on a silver platter his career is OVER....

Now you mother f uckers are begging...hilarious.

You do not value the TRUTH! It is not in you! TREASON MONKEY!

You should be lined up and shot at sunrise! No, that is too long, do it now!

1 hour ago, leftwinger said:

Jones is scrambling to save his political career 

55 minutes ago, Taipan said:

535 members of Congress.

Without question this is true. And the result of such escapades is a House vote that convinces exactly zero Republicans and doesn’t manage to even hold the Democrat caucus together. 

2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

Pelosi has handled impeachment perfectly She gave the Senate time to reflect on Moscow Mitch’s promise of an evidence free acquittal. Senators will get an earful from their constituents over the break and McConnell’s promise doesn’t sit well. 

She could not have hoped for a better gift than Lindsay Graham’s declaration that he is in Trump’s pocket. That doesn’t sit well with the folks back home. 

"Every trial is a pursuit of truth."

Oh goodness...how naive you are.  LOL

The House impeaches. The Senate holds a trial. Why is this so difficult for you right wingers to comprehend?!

And Nancy don't run the Senate!!

She might thinks she does.   But she has 0 cards to play.

I like Rush Limbaugh's suggestion.  Just get the Senate together

and vote to dismiss the whole damn thing.

2 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Pelosi has handled impeachment perfectly She gave the Senate time to reflect on Moscow Mitch’s promise of an evidence free acquittal. Senators will get an earful from their constituents over the break and McConnell’s promise doesn’t sit well. 

She could not have hoped for a better gift than Lindsay Graham’s declaration that he is in Trump’s pocket. That doesn’t sit well with the folks back home. 

Lindsey will be re-elected in 11mos...….by a huge majority.           🍸

Hope he understands the truth doesn't involve hearsay or speculation which is all the democrats have at this point. 🤣

1 minute ago, Olivaw said:

Probably, but he’ll be a toothless tiger with Trump gone and Schumer as majority leader. 

You hit the meth-pipe pretty hard today, didn't cha?

It is obvious that your mind is gone!!                                     😎