Real Cops Won't Confiscate Firearms

Spartan

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/police-officer-to-virginia-politicians-real-cops-wont-confiscate-firearms/

Police officer to Virginia politicians: We took an oath, and real cops won’t confiscate firearms.

Police officer to Virginia politicians: We took an oath, and real cops won’t confiscate firearms.

Posted by LET Guest | Dec 25, 2019 | Must Reads, News, Investigations, Law and Legal, Featured, Patrol

Written by LT from Humanizing the Badge

In light of all the 2nd Amendment debate and the debacle that is Virginia and its governor (who I don’t respect enough to even know his name) spouting off about “If we have constitutional laws…” blah, blah, blah. Listen up.

I work in civilian law enforcement. I am also a veteran.

I work with many veterans, some of whom still serve in the reserves or National Guard. In both oaths, military and civilian, we all swore to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

We did not swear to obey a tyrant or dictator.

I’ve been in law enforcement for over 21 years. In all that time I have met not one law enforcement officer who was anti-gun. Oh, I know they exist, but they are not being intellectually honest.

You see, law enforcement officers everywhere KNOW that guns save lives.

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Guns even the odds between the criminal and his would-be victim.

Guns stop stalkers when a piece of paper doesn’t. (Shout out to my dear friend Ann who shot and killed her estranged husband when came to attack again.)

Real cops, not politicians, KNOW that more honest gun owners mean less crime.

If there is anyone wearing a badge that disagrees with this they are a liar- statistics prove this time and again. Literally every state that loosens gun carry restrictions nearly immediately sees a drop in violent crime.

When I am on patrol, I take time to reach out and thank civilians for exercising their 2A rights- yes, even the open carriers. I have detained or arrested thousands of people.

Not one legal carrier has ever threatened me or my partners.

I even joke about one particular restaurant in my town where veterans meet for breakfast. I say if anything ever pops off in here we are all going to die in the crossfire!

The populace has so many guns they cannot be counted. They couldn’t be confiscated even if the government threw every available resource at it.

The only thing to possibly curb gun ownership is a voluntary buy-back program. Those only work when a populace is convinced that “the children will be safer”. 

After all, who doesn’t want safe children, right? Seems I’ve heard that rationale somewhere before.

Why don’t we all study up on history (before the DOE changes it in all the books), lest we repeat it.

Cops and veterans, we are of the same mold. We speak the same language. We get each other, because in many cases we are both.

We are protectors. It’s in our nature. We will stand up for the weak and for the populace.

In many ways, law enforcement IS the best defense against a tyrannical government. I mean just look what Virginia sheriffs have done.

When the governor spoke out of turn, they told him to pound sand before any bills have even passed.

So let’s stop all the boogaloo talk and just stand together.

Cops aren’t coming to your door for your guns.

It just isn’t going to happen.

The Second Amendment is here to stay because we know how important it is. It is an integral part of our fabric. It really does make us all equal in the eyes of the government. It works for the United States of America, the greatest civilization in history.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/police-officer-to-virginia-politicians-real-cops-wont-confiscate-firearms/

Posted by LET Guest | Dec 25, 2019 | Must Reads, News, Investigations, Law and Legal, Featured, Patrol

In light of all the 2nd Amendment debate and the debacle that is Virginia and its governor (who I don’t respect enough to even know his name) spouting off about “If we have constitutional laws…” blah, blah, blah. Listen up.

I work with many veterans, some of whom still serve in the reserves or National Guard. In both oaths, military and civilian, we all swore to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

I’ve been in law enforcement for over 21 years. In all that time I have met not one law enforcement officer who was anti-gun. Oh, I know they exist, but they are not being intellectually honest.

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Guns stop stalkers when a piece of paper doesn’t. (Shout out to my dear friend Ann who shot and killed her estranged husband when came to attack again.)

If there is anyone wearing a badge that disagrees with this they are a liar- statistics prove this time and again. Literally every state that loosens gun carry restrictions nearly immediately sees a drop in violent crime.

When I am on patrol, I take time to reach out and thank civilians for exercising their 2A rights- yes, even the open carriers. I have detained or arrested thousands of people.

I even joke about one particular restaurant in my town where veterans meet for breakfast. I say if anything ever pops off in here we are all going to die in the crossfire!

The populace has so many guns they cannot be counted. They couldn’t be confiscated even if the government threw every available resource at it.

The only thing to possibly curb gun ownership is a voluntary buy-back program. Those only work when a populace is convinced that “the children will be safer”. 

After all, who doesn’t want safe children, right? Seems I’ve heard that rationale somewhere before.

Why don’t we all study up on history (before the DOE changes it in all the books), lest we repeat it.

Cops and veterans, we are of the same mold. We speak the same language. We get each other, because in many cases we are both.

We are protectors. It’s in our nature. We will stand up for the weak and for the populace.

In many ways, law enforcement IS the best defense against a tyrannical government. I mean just look what Virginia sheriffs have done.

When the governor spoke out of turn, they told him to pound sand before any bills have even passed.

The Second Amendment is here to stay because we know how important it is. It is an integral part of our fabric. It really does make us all equal in the eyes of the government. It works for the United States of America, the greatest civilization in history.

Excellent read. This issue will likely be the start of a civil war and the leftist will find themselves on the wrong end of a gun. 

11 hours ago, Spartan said:

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

"Real Cops Won't Confiscate Firearms"

Amen!

In some situations, a cop should be fired if he does NOT confiscate a person's firearms.  

Guns can be an effective tool for protecting one's home and family, but they can also be incredibly dangerous if someone isn't psychologically equipped to respect guns and/or understand the damage they can do.

20 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

In some situations, a cop should be fired if he does NOT confiscate a person's firearms.  

LOL... the cop on the beat has a great deal of discretion whether or not he wants to pursue a crime to the arrest stage... and in most cases with little or no input from someone who may be able to fire him. And in the case where that may be a risk to him and the arrest may have to proceed there are numerous ways for the police officer to ensure that a conviction or even a trial can be easily circumvented..."Uh yeah Mr. District attorney / your Honor... I don't seem to have an independent recollection of the facts surrounding that arrest so I am unable to offer testimony." "Uh, I believe I may have neglected to properly advise the subject of his constitutional rights." "Uh, I believe there was a mistake made in the paperwork / physical chain of custody for the evidence obtained." Etc.

22 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Context matters. Confiscating because of some new law hoping to prevent crimes.... predict very few will comply. Confiscating guns from someone who has committed crimes with said guns or has been threatening to do so... a bit of a different story. 

As usual, that's an intelligent and reasonable post.

13 hours ago, Spartan said:

What about the red flag laws?  If someone makes threats and has the guns to support such a threat?

1 minute ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

What about the red flag laws?  If someone makes threats and has the guns to support such a threat?

I think the police not only have a right, but an obligation, to confiscate those firearms temporarily.  Otherwise, "serve and protect" means diddly.

3 hours ago, RollingRock said:

I think the police not only have a right, but an obligation, to confiscate those firearms temporarily.  Otherwise, "serve and protect" means diddly.

Uh huh...define temporary

3 hours ago, RollingRock said:

Ok, but only if this:

Anyone that is found to abuse the system, maybe they don’t like gun owners and want to try and get them disarmed, gets 10 years per lie found out. Calling in a red flag because “well this guy is an unstable gun owner because yesterday I saw him get really mad for having a bad day; that shows they are unstable”, is a 10 year felony for falsely reporting a gun owner with intent to get them killed and or disarmed of their property.

You want the red flag laws, I want to make sure some gun hating liberal can’t use it to SWAT people they don’t like politically. I want their life over if they do. I want strict guidelines on what constitutes an actual threat worthy of a report. Calling in “mad man with a gun” on an open carrier minding their own business and not breaking the law should be treated as attempted murder by filing a false report with the intent to get the cops to kill the “mad man with a gun”.

4 hours ago, Giujo said:

LOL... the cop on the beat has a great deal of discretion whether or not he wants to pursue a crime to the arrest stage... and in most cases with little or no input from someone who may be able to fire him. And in the case where that may be a risk to him and the arrest may have to proceed there are numerous ways for the police officer to ensure that a conviction or even a trial can be easily circumvented..."Uh yeah Mr. District attorney / your Honor... I don't seem to have an independent recollection of the facts surrounding that arrest so I am unable to offer testimony." "Uh, I believe I may have neglected to properly advise the subject of his constitutional rights." "Uh, I believe there was a mistake made in the paperwork / physical chain of custody for the evidence obtained." Etc.

You confirm my statement that the cops all lie

8 minutes ago, fishhead said:

That says it all. Born one, die one.

Live by the sword...………...die by the sword".

Chris Kyle.   Texas mercenary.  Killer borne.

Karma???          You tell me, smartass...…………...😇..🍸.

11 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Live by the sword...………...die by the sword".

Chris Kyle.   Texas mercenary.  Killer borne.

Karma???          You tell me, smartass...…………...😇..🍸.

You're a f****** joke. I have known killers and you are not one. My own father was a killer in the war. I have known numerous people who were killers in Vietnam. People who actually have that experience do not brag about it. They certainly don't advocate living by the sword.

48 minutes ago, slideman said:

You confirm my statement that the cops all lie

I swore an oath to protect the Constitution... And if by doing so it places me in jeopardy of losing my job, if I have to obfuscate to do so we refer to that as curbside justice  or nullifying an unconstitutional law... And if you don't like it... That's tough $hit... Its the way of the world... grow up dumbass.