Facebook/Snopes vs. BL Network

Facebook/Snopes vs. BL Network

December 20, 2019

"Yesterday, Facebook removed all pages and groups for the Epoch Times-linked empire known as “The BL,” which stands for “The Beauty of Life.” The BL had 55 million followers and hundreds of pro-Trump pages and groups. It was all largely run from Vietnam."

relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon.gif

Who knew that babysitting "conservatives"/Teabaggers/Trumpoids was gonna be this much work?

6 minutes ago, Phoenix68 said:

The left......MUST.....shut down free speech.

How they can the darkness of their hearts...….live......

if the Truth, and Light......fight...…... the 'good fight'?...………...                    😇..🍺.

1 minute ago, Taipan said:

The left......MUST.....shut down free speech.

How they can the darkness of their hearts...….live......

if the Truth, and Light......fight...…... the 'good fight'?...………...                    😇..🍺.

2 points I want to make here.  First, Facebook is not the government nor do you have any rights on it.  Second, They have a history of deleting atheist groups too.  

Just now, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

2 points I want to make here.  First, Facebook is not the government nor do you have any rights on it.  Second, They have a history of deleting atheist groups too.  

Sir,

Twitter.

They will deny your access.  To voice your opinion…..if......you disagree with their opinion.

Is that free speech????

I want Twitter to die...………….a slow death...…..and then move quickly straight to Hell.

I like this site.

They...…..believe...... in freedom of speech.   That...…...is why.....this site...... has my respect.            😇/🍺

18 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Well, those atheist groups were Trump supporters.  So get the story straight, this is a way of silencing the Republicans from free speech in the public forums.  Hope you are comfortable with that policy, because one day they will come for you.

18 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

First point is defeatist nihilism--it's their playground so we have to accept that their biased influence over the overall narrative is good and acceptable. Second point is irrelevant. Censorship for political reasons is attempting to control the narrative and private tech companies shouldn't have that much control over our government. 

8 minutes ago, kking said:

First point is defeatist nihilism--it's their playground so we have to accept that their biased influence over the overall narrative is good and acceptable. Second point is irrelevant. Censorship for political reasons is attempting to control the narrative and private tech companies shouldn't have that much control over our government. 

Facebook does not control the government by posting, refusing to post or deleting posts. If you accept Facebook as actual news, that is YOUR problem.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Facebook does not control the government by posting, refusing to post or deleting posts. If you accept Facebook as actual news, that is YOUR problem.

I know. I'm not on Facebook, but a fifth of the world population is, and an even higher percentage of Americans. That's why it must be discouraged as a news source. Furthermore, if they're going to discriminate based on political views, they need to be held to a higher standard of data collection, news veracity published on their platform (libel laws, for example), and transparency with their use of personal data. 

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Facebook is a data gathering site disguised as social media

21 minutes ago, benhur said:

Well, those atheist groups were Trump supporters.  So get the story straight, this is a way of silencing the Republicans from free speech in the public forums.  Hope you are comfortable with that policy, because one day they will come for you.

They already have.  I had a atheist group I attended regularly with countless members.  It deleted in a blink of an eye.

21 minutes ago, kking said:

Unfortunately, Lots of media organizations have unrestricted access to the eyes and ears of the public.   This is a direct result of Conservative deregulation.  

Unfortunately, Lots of media organizations have unrestricted access to the eyes and ears of the public.   This is a direct result of Conservative deregulation.  

Deregulation isn't the issue: it's the continually dissolving ability of the public to discern genuine information from the heaps of schlock with which they're bombarded. Government regulations simply adds in the effect of government coercion whereas the private corporations are only interacted with "voluntarily." 

Just now, kking said:

Deregulation isn't the issue: it's the continually dissolving ability of the public to discern genuine information from the heaps of schlock with which they're bombarded. Government regulations simply adds in the effect of government coercion whereas the private corporations are only interacted with "voluntarily." 

I disagree.  Each media company has to toe the corporate line and that feeds out to all the branches.  Disney owns ESPN, Fox, Marvel, Pixar and countless others.  Turner  broadcasting is unavoidable.  

I disagree.  Each media company has to toe the corporate line and that feeds out to all the branches.  Disney owns ESPN, Fox, Marvel, Pixar and countless others.  Turner  broadcasting is unavoidable.  

Right. A lazy, apathetic, overly comfortable society is vulnerable to that kind of psychological and emotional manipulation. And that's why antitrust laws are one of the few widely-accepted regulations to maintain a "free and fair" market. But monopolies aren't even the worst part, it's the bombardment with endless minutia and mindless entertainment. Even the significant news is displayed through that lens and it numbs the senses and sands the edges off of everyone's critical faculties. 

Sad, sad state of affairs.

1 minute ago, kking said:

Right. A lazy, apathetic, overly comfortable society is vulnerable to that kind of psychological and emotional manipulation. And that's why antitrust laws are one of the few widely-accepted regulations to maintain a "free and fair" market. But monopolies aren't even the worst part, it's the bombardment with endless minutia and mindless entertainment. Even the significant news is displayed through that lens and it numbs the senses and sands the edges off of everyone's critical faculties. 

Sad, sad state of affairs.

I agree to a point that CNN over reports Trump and ignores a lot of other crucial things going on.  But folks are going to tune it because It's Trump.   That's just $$$ speaking.

2 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I agree to a point that CNN over reports Trump and ignores a lot of other crucial things going on.  But folks are going to tune it because It's Trump.   That's just $$$ speaking.

Yes. Corporatism poisons basically every industry it enters. Yes, "the economy" grows, but ultimately it makes day-to-day life for human beings worse. The product gets cheaper and more pervasive until nothing at all is sacred.

1 minute ago, kking said:

Yes. Corporatism poisons basically every industry it enters. Yes, "the economy" grows, but ultimately it makes day-to-day life for human beings worse. The product gets cheaper and more pervasive until nothing at all is sacred.

As a musician, I couldn't agree more.    Modern artists consider a chord change to be "dramatic." :D