Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Trump signs 'National Defense Authorization Act' officially creating Space Force

Image result for Donald Trump signs defense bill that creates Space Force, expands parental leave "

"The new Space Force, now the sixth branch of the U.S. military and the first created in seven decades."

A necessary new branch of the military going forward. Points for Trump.

Donald Trump signs defense bill that creates Space Force, expands parental leave

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-signs-defense-bill-that-creates-space-force-expands-parental-leave/ar-BBYdbXX?ocid=spartandhp

(Full article at above link)

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump signed a $738 billion defense bill into law Friday that hinged in part on two seemingly disparate issues: Paid parental leave and the president's treasured new "Space Force."

The National Defense Authorization Act, which includes pay raises for troops, represents history's largest investment in military power, Trump told troops gathered for a signing ceremony at Joint Base Andrews in suburban Maryland.

"Our military is now dominant," Trump said. "Together we are protecting our people."

Trump signed the bill before boarding Air Force One for a flight to his end-of-the-year stay at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla.

The legislation passed Congress after a deal that involved family and parental leave and the Space Force.

Congressional Democrats signed off on money for Space Force as Republicans agreed to demands on parental and family leave. The bill provides 12 weeks of paid leave for 2.1 million civilian federal workers after the birth of a child, adoption, or start of foster care.

Ivanka Trump, the president's daughter, lobbied on behalf of the parental and family leave legislation. (Good job, Ivanka! -drvoke)

Standard defense funding in the bill will keep the U.S. military the strongest in the world, Trump told troops, and "there's no country that comes even close."

As he often does, Trump promoted the new Space Force, now the sixth branch of the U.S. military and the first created in seven decades.

"It's a big moment," he said, and will enable the U.S. government to control "the ultimate high ground."

During a political rally Wednesday in Battle Creek, Mich., Trump told supporters that "I will be able to tell my kids someday, and everybody else, 'See that Space Force? That was my baby.'"

On Dec. 11, as the bill made its way through Congress, Trump said "all of our priorities have made it" into the defense bill. "Pay Raise for our Troops, Rebuilding our Military, Paid Parental Leave, Border Security, and Space Force!" Trump tweeted, pledging to sign it immediately.

The bill includes a 3.1% pay raise for Pentagon personnel, the largest in more than a decade.

“America’s armed forces are more powerful than ever," Trump said, "and growing even stronger."

So, I'm curious, 
Are you complaining because President Trump signed the spending bill that originated and was passed by Nancy Pelosi's House of Representatives?
Do you think he should have vetoed it?

2 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

So, I'm curious, 
Are you complaining because President Trump signed the spending bill that originated and was passed by Nancy Pelosi's House of Representatives?
Do you think he should have vetoed it?

No, I'm all for it. But I like to diss Trump no matter what he does.

Image result for elon musk space force "

Elon Musk welcomes Space Force with 2 words on Twitter: 'Starfleet begins'

This will be an elite branch of the military attracting the best and the brightest.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/elon-musk-welcomes-space-force-with-2-words-on-twitter-starfleet-begins/ar-BBYdzZK?ocid=spartanntp

SpaceX CEO Elon Musk welcomed the launching of Space Force, the newest US military service, with a "Star Trek"-themed tweet: "Starfleet begins."

On Friday, President Donald Trump signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) a $$738 billion bipartisan defense spending bill.

Part of the NDAA authorizes the Space Force as a military service under the Department of the Air Force. It is the first military service introduced since the US Air Force spun off from the US Army in 1947. Trump first floated a Space Force initiative in March 2018 speech.  

Musk (whose SpaceX has contracts with NASA and has worked with the US Air Force) has shown support for Space Force. He told Recode's Kara Swisher that "Space Force is a sensible thing to do."

"I like the idea," he said in the interview. "I think it's cool. You know, like, when the Air Force was formed, there was a lot of like pooh-poohing, and like, 'Oh, how silly to have an Air Force!' You know, because the aircraft in World War II were managed by the Army."

The overall mission as defined by Space Force includes "developing military space professionals, acquiring military space systems, maturing the military doctrine for space power, and organizing space forces to present to our Combatant Commands."

But it will not be a large force. "Air Force Space Command was immediately redesignated the Space Force, and 16,000 active duty and civilian personnel from AFSPC will now be assigned to the Space Force," Defense News explains. The personnel will still technically be part of the Air Force, unless they request to transfer permanently into Space Force. (That number is expected to be somewhere between 5,000 and 6,000, according to CNN.)

"The Space Force won't be measured by the number of people unlike for instance the Marine Corps, which is really a labor-intensive service," Air Force Secretary Barbara Barrett said, CNN reported. "Space Force is much more measured by the technology and the capabilities."

Image result for u.s.s enterprise star trek"

To boldly go where no one has gone before.

I'm curious to see what they attempt with this Space Force.  I'm more curious why Militarized space funding makes sense to so many people but funding for climate change research is a waste of money.  

7 hours ago, drvoke said:

Good 
You side needs all the hypocrites it can get

Image result for Trump unveils Space Force logo

Pretty cool.

Trump unveils Space Force logo

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-unveils-space-force-logo/ar-BBZiQXG?ocid=spartandhp

President Trump on Friday unveiled the logo for Space Force, the newly established sixth branch of the Armed Forces.

"After consultation with our Great Military Leaders, designers, and others, I am pleased to present the new logo for the United States Space Force, the Sixth Branch of our Magnificent Military!" Trump tweeted Friday afternoon, attaching a picture of the logo.

Image result for Trump unveils Space Force logo

On 12/21/2019 at 12:29 PM, Chuck! said:

Good 
You side needs all the hypocrites it can get

Hey!

On 12/21/2019 at 5:11 AM, drvoke said:

You need to have your @ss loaded with rocket fuel and launched into space. When you see leftspringer orbitting up there, give him a salute.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:56 AM, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I'm curious to see what they attempt with this Space Force.  I'm more curious why Militarized space funding makes sense to so many people but funding for climate change research is a waste of money.  

THE CLIMATE HAS BEEN CHANGING SINCE DAY ONE YOU BIG DUMMY NO NEED TO RESEARCH WHAT WE CAN'T STOP YOU BIG DUMMY!

Image result for you big dummy gif

2 hours ago, SBED said:

THE CLIMATE HAS BEEN CHANGING SINCE DAY ONE YOU BIG DUMMY NO NEED TO RESEARCH WHAT WE CAN'T STOP YOU BIG DUMMY!

We are changing the climate.  Australia has record breaking forest fires because the climate changed.   We have record breaking hurricanes because the climate is changing.

2 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

We are changing the climate.  Australia has record breaking forest fires because the climate changed.   We have record breaking hurricanes because the climate is changing.

Human activity isn't a major factor in climate. 

Just now, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Since November 8, 2019, nearly 200 arsonists have been arrested for starting brush fires in Australia. The arsonists were responsible for about 50% of the bushfires. Not climate change. Arsonists. Repeat that: Not climate change. Arsonists. But the left doesn’t care, because this fact doesn’t agree with their ‘science'

2 minutes ago, SBED said:

Since November 8, 2019, nearly 200 arsonists have been arrested for starting brush fires in Australia. The arsonists were responsible for about 50% of the bushfires. Not climate change. Arsonists. Repeat that: Not climate change. Arsonists. But the left doesn’t care, because this fact doesn’t agree with their ‘science'

Arsonists never intended for the fires to take over the forest like they did.  And they certainly didn't conspire to break so many records.  

Climate change has Australian wildfires 'running out of control,' experts say

Just now, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I need proof of that.  

Mars has shown similar changes in temperature for as long as we have been able to accurately measure. You need proof that the giant ball of thermonuclear energy that is dragging our solar system through space is the prime driver of climate? Humans can screw up ecosystems. We can pollute like no other animal. The homeostasis of the climate is outside of our capabilities to inadvertently alter. With geoengineering technologies we likely can deliberately alter the climate but I have seen too many bad science fiction flicks about unintended consequences to support using such measures. 

Just now, NeoConvict said:

Mars has shown similar changes in temperature for as long as we have been able to accurately measure. You need proof that the giant ball of thermonuclear energy that is dragging our solar system through space is the prime driver of climate? Humans can screw up ecosystems. We can pollute like no other animal. The homeostasis of the climate is outside of our capabilities to inadvertently alter. With geoengineering technologies we likely can deliberately alter the climate but I have seen too many bad science fiction flicks about unintended consequences to support using such measures. 

What I am saying is that we live in a golden zone that sustains us and it would take very little to tip us out of that golden zone and in to much more hazardous climate conditions.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:11 AM, drvoke said:

Yes...we know.  It's the TDS.

2 hours ago, SBED said:

I like the idea of a space force. It's about time we protect our satellites and other thing in space. We can't conduct war without satellites and the enemies know this. 

18 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

What I am saying is that we live in a golden zone that sustains us and it would take very little to tip us out of that golden zone and in to much more hazardous climate conditions.

Very true but our industrial and agricultural output is insignificant in comparison to natural ghg emissions. I have seen numbers between 2 to 5 percent of such gasses are a result of human activities. We certainly are not causing our goldilocks orbit to change.