Christianity Today Editor defiant in face of angry Trump tweet: ‘He’s no longer fit to serve”

One day after his editorial in Christianity Today called for the ouster of Donald Trump, the editor-in-chief of the popular evangelical magazine doubled- down on his criticism of the president during a CNN interview.

Speaking with host John Berman, Mark Galli reiterated that the president is deserving of impeachment, saying, “there are times, of course, when there are issues that transcend politics. So this — to me, this is one of them,” before adding, “I grant that the Democrats have been partisan in their efforts to remove the president and at times I think have been unfair.”

“The question is, when does his behavior which is described as immoral accurately rise to the level where he’s no longer fit to serve office. and to me, we crossed that line with the impeachment hearings,” he asserted.

Given the opportunity to respond to tweets attacking him and his magazine from Trump that were posted just minutes before his appearance, Galli dismissed the president’s assault.

“I disagree with him on seven or eight different levels. His characterization of us as being far left is far from accurate,” he told the host. “We consider ourselves and most people consider us a pretty centrist magazine in the evangelical world. It’s factually inaccurate we’re far left. We rarely comment on politics unless we feel it rises to the level of some national or concern that is really important. And this would be a case.”

Watch below:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So..... everything was just fine until the impeachment. The serial adultery, the lying, serial cons, paying for sex, using charities as his own slush fund, leaving the Kurds and Palestinians high and dry (a percentage of whom are Christian), 15,000 lies, the personal attacks--and everything else--is just fine....ok..got it

26 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

There are liberal Christians. There are Christians that believe homosexuality is something to be celebrated. That abortion is a human right. Christians are following Christ not because they are perfect, but rather because they are acutely aware that they are not.

Republican Christians BELIEVE Trump is Christ. 

Only liberal Christians follow Christian beliefs.

Show us where is the Bible is says it is okay for Trump to lie over and over without REPENTANCE?

Show us where in the Bible  abortion is addressed.  (It says life starts at first breath)

Face it.  YOu guys are utterly IGNORANT of Christian beliefs.

10 minutes ago, benson13 said:

So..... everything was just fine until the impeachment. The serial adultery, the lying, serial cons, paying for sex, using charities as his own slush fund, leaving the Kurds and Palestinians high and dry (a percentage of whom are Christian), 15,000 lies, the personal attacks--and everything else--is just fine....ok..got it

Ironically - it would seem the rag the OP is based on was just fine with all that, but apparently whatever happened regarding Ukraine crossed the line.

Tell me you can't see the irony of that...

6 minutes ago, Scout said:

Republican Christians BELIEVE Trump is Christ. 

Only liberal Christians follow Christian beliefs.

Show us where is the Bible is says it is okay for Trump to lie over and over without REPENTANCE?

Show us where in the Bible  abortion is addressed.  (It says life starts at first breath)

Face it.  YOu guys are utterly IGNORANT of Christian beliefs.

No one believes Trump is Jesus. That is Rachel Maddow level retarded. Everyone is well aware that he is a fallen man with a long history of sin. He is a corrupt bull in a long polluted China shop and he's doing the Lord's work. Defending the unborn, fighting against rising anti semitism on the left, combatting a progressive culture that is becoming increasingly hostile towards Christianity. 

"There are times...when issues transcend politics."

I guess it goes without saying that most of the time, though, playing politics to grab and hold power comes first, and principles come second?

Thanks for the moral and ethical leadership.  At least he found his spine eventually.