Durham Now Officially After Brennan

Golfboy

Durham Is Scrutinizing John Brennan’s Role in Russian Interference Findings

The federal prosecutor investigating the origins of the Russia inquiry is examining testimony by the former C.I.A. director John Brennan and seeking his communications records.

By Katie Benner and Julian E. Barnes

Dec. 19, 2019, 7:23 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — The federal prosecutor scrutinizing the Russia investigation has begun examining the role of the former C.I.A. director John O. Brennan in how the intelligence community assessed Russia’s 2016 election interference, according to three people briefed on the inquiry.

John H. Durham, the United States attorney leading the investigation, has requested Mr. Brennan’s emails, call logs and other documents from the C.I.A., according to a person briefed on his inquiry. He wants to learn what Mr. Brennan told other officials, including the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, about his and the C.I.A.’s views of a notorious dossier of assertions about Russia and Trump associates.

“He is not just looking at the F.B.I.,” Mr. Barr said in an interview broadcast Thursday evening on Fox News. “He is looking at other agencies.” Calling it a “much broader investigation, Mr. Barr added, “He is looking at all the conduct — both before and after the election.”

“The president bore the burden of probably one of the greatest conspiracy theories — baseless conspiracy theories — in American political history,” Mr. Barr told Fox News. He has long expressed skepticism that the F.B.I. had enough information to begin its inquiry in 2016, publicly criticizing an inspector general report released last week that affirmed that the bureau did.

Mr. Durham’s investigators want to know to more about the discussions that prompted intelligence community leaders to include Mr. Steele’s allegations in the appendix of their assessment given to President Trump.

Continue reading at New York Times…

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Golfboy said:

The federal prosecutor investigating the origins of the Russia inquiry is examining testimony by the former C.I.A. director John Brennan and seeking his communications records.

WASHINGTON — The federal prosecutor scrutinizing the Russia investigation has begun examining the role of the former C.I.A. director John O. Brennan in how the intelligence community assessed Russia’s 2016 election interference, according to three people briefed on the inquiry.

John H. Durham, the United States attorney leading the investigation, has requested Mr. Brennan’s emails, call logs and other documents from the C.I.A., according to a person briefed on his inquiry. He wants to learn what Mr. Brennan told other officials, including the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, about his and the C.I.A.’s views of a notorious dossier of assertions about Russia and Trump associates.

“He is not just looking at the F.B.I.,” Mr. Barr said in an interview broadcast Thursday evening on Fox News. “He is looking at other agencies.” Calling it a “much broader investigation, Mr. Barr added, “He is looking at all the conduct — both before and after the election.”

“The president bore the burden of probably one of the greatest conspiracy theories — baseless conspiracy theories — in American political history,” Mr. Barr told Fox News. He has long expressed skepticism that the F.B.I. had enough information to begin its inquiry in 2016, publicly criticizing an inspector general report released last week that affirmed that the bureau did.

Mr. Durham’s investigators want to know to more about the discussions that prompted intelligence community leaders to include Mr. Steele’s allegations in the appendix of their assessment given to President Trump.

Game on.

10 hours ago, Golfboy said:

Sup @maineman? How's that. nothing burger your media lied to you about, going? 

On 12/19/2019 at 9:44 PM, Golfboy said:

"Major Development In Durham’s SpyGate Investigation According To New Report"

http://www.digifection.com/2019/12/26/major-development-in-durhams-spygate-investigation-according-to-new-report/

On 12/19/2019 at 11:44 PM, Golfboy said:

It’s taking forever!

5 minutes ago, king of the county said:

It’s taking forever!

And it well should take significantly longer than the Dem's rushed sham impeachment for which their case is so weak they want the Senate to finish their work. The fuking idiots didn't even peruse the subpoenas necessary to get the witnesses they claim are so fundamental to their case. Why? They were rushing. The court tests of "Executive Privilege" have been used throughout our history but the filthy Dems just don't have time for the historically used process. Eff 'em!

4 minutes ago, maineman said:

I haven’t seen any indictments yet....have you, nurse?

Nope.  People will eventually file this one under "diversionary nonsense." 

"But.....but....look over there!  What about [insert conspiracy target's name]" only takes you so far.  :lol: 

It's transparent and idiotic.

42 minutes ago, maineman said:

I suspect that  you are attempting to  insult him by calling him a  nurse?   There is  nothing easy about becoming an RN or the practice of it.  I would definitely  put him as  more intelligent than  you.

54 minutes ago, Libswatter said:

And it well should take significantly longer than the Dem's rushed sham impeachment for which their case is so weak they want the Senate to finish their work. The fuking idiots didn't even peruse the subpoenas necessary to get the witnesses they claim are so fundamental to their case. Why? They were rushing. The court tests of "Executive Privilege" have been used throughout our history but the filthy Dems just don't have time for the historically used process. Eff 'em!

Ok good explanation 

9 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I suspect that  you are attempting to  insult him by calling him a  nurse?   There is  nothing easy about becoming an RN or the practice of it.  I would definitely  put him as  more intelligent than  you.

Like your cyber opinion of anyone's intellect means anything...

5 hours ago, maineman said:

^^^^Needs indictments to know LYING, WITHHOLDING EVIDENCE and BREACHING POLICY to spy on American citizens is wrong. 

Can't understand why I call him an amoral, valueless, drone of the leftist MSM. 

1 hour ago, DeepBreath said:

^^^^Needs indictments to know LYING, WITHHOLDING EVIDENCE and BREACHING POLICY to spy on American citizens is wrong. 

Can't understand why I call him an amoral, valueless, drone of the leftist MSM. 

I need indictments to know that accusations of any of that stuff have any basis in fact.  Some fucked up partisan nurse claiming things happened without any proof is pretty irrelevant.  And if he can't figure THAT out, he's even dumber and more pitiful than I thought.

On 12/19/2019 at 11:44 PM, Golfboy said:

Go get em!

4 hours ago, maineman said:

I need indictments to know that accusations of any of that stuff have any basis in fact.  Some fucked up partisan nurse claiming things happened without any proof is pretty irrelevant.  And if he can't figure THAT out, he's even dumber and more pitiful than I thought.

Fact? 😂 The facts are in the IG report you fucking moron.