Mnuchin on CNBC now..."trumps economic plan will decrease the Deficit by 1 Trillion Dollars over a Decade""

43 minutes ago, benson13 said:

Thumbnail

Hell Trumps been beating that POS since Day One Fool!!! All you have to do is follow the Dow Dumbass. Btw hows your portfolio Day Traitor? Mines zooming!

benson13- 07/30/2007 10:05:17 AM (#19 of 25) 
I’m retired from a major Carrier...now I’m a day trader

benson13- 06/26/2008 05:14:55 PM (#3 of 11)
myLost
I lost over 200K the month of Sept 2001...I was margined out 100% 

LMGDFAO

38 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

The OP would have some standing on this topic if the deficit and debt were something he's been railing against for the past 20 years, but all these threads do is highlight his hypocrisy as he took an eight year hiatus while both were being raised by record crushing amounts.

Yet another OP fail...

Trump has did nothing to try to decrease the debt

4 minutes ago, Arris said:

Trump has did nothing to try to decrease the debt

I don't disagree, and it's a shame.

I remember having a glimmer of debt/deficit hope when Obama proudly announced: "Adding to the Nations debt is unpatriotic". Of course $10+ Trillion dollars later, plus interest - just reminded me to believe little to nothing coming from any DC whores mouth.

1 hour ago, benson13 said:

meanwhile....trump has DOUBLED THE DEFICIT....since his election the National Debt has Increased $4 Trillion Dollars

IF....the ConMan gets re-elected, he'll have spent more than President Obama, with a Great Economy handed to him

Why didn't you care under Obama?

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

I don't disagree, and it's a shame.

I remember having a glimmer of debt/deficit hope when Obama proudly announced: "Adding to the Nations debt is unpatriotic". Of course $10+ Trillion dollars later, plus interest - just reminded me to believe little to nothing coming from any DC whores mouth.

+1

Remember Obama?

" we can't do this to our children"

And then he did

The weak global economy, which kept a brake on economic growth for much of Obama’s tenure  

------------------------------

The economy President Obama inherited was in peril. When he took office in January of 2009, the United States was in the worst recession it had experienced since the Great Depression. Nearly 600,000 American workers lost their jobs in that month alone, and the unemployment rate was creeping up towards 8 percent (it would eventually top out at 10 percent that October).

But by December 2016, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that 178,000 jobs were created the previous month, bringing the unemployment rate to 4.6 percent, the lowest since August of 2007.

Elise Gould, senior economist at the Economic Policy Institute, said the Obama administration’s fiscal stimulus plan deserves credit for getting millions of Americans back to work, and for shoring up the safety net for the many remaining unemployed.

“Making those investments in infrastructure spending absolutely added jobs, not only in construction, but that also multiples out in all the fields that contribute to those industries,” she said, such as equipment manufacturing.

“The other part was providing aid to states,” she said, through measures like extended unemployment insurance available for displaced workers.

In a 2015 research paper, the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities calculated that the extraordinary measures the Obama administration took in the aftermath of the financial crisis, from stimulus spending to bailouts for insurance giant AIG, the financial and automotive industries, stemmed even greater losses in employment and GDP.

It estimated that GDP would have declined by nearly 14 percent, and unemployment would have climbed to almost 16 percent (compared to 4 percent and just under 11 percent, respectively).

Some economists even contend that the pace of the recovery was slowed by cutbacks in government spending and a divided Congress’s inability to make infrastructure spending (a key and early plank of Donald Trump’s plan to rev the country’s economic engine) a priority. 

Economists say that the financial regulatory measures imposed in the aftermath of the crash, including making banks shore up their reserves and submit to “stress tests,” fostered greater stability and confidence among risk-averse investors and institutions.

“The real biggest losers have been men with only high school diplomas or less, who grew up expecting they could inherit these pretty well-paying, blue-collar jobs, and those jobs were the ones that sort of disappeared,” he told NBC News.

Although Donald Trump played on this group’s fear and resentment around immigration and the shift of manufacturing to other countries, Holzer said this doesn’t reflect the reality of why the bottom fell out for this group’s job prospects. “A lot of it has to do more with technology than globalization,” he said.

Republican "math" is where 2 + 2 = whatever you want it to be. 

The GOP has been dishing tax cuts to the rich since Reagan, and blowing up the federal budget with record deficits ever since.

The GOP doesn't care about deficits, debt, or the USA. All they care about is taking care of the greedy rich patrons (Inidividuals & Corporations), and feeding their base of bigots, religious right freaks, and NRA nuts whatever they want.

Meanwhile America goes bankrupt under the GOP, and their Trumpanzee morons, who also don't know any math, cheer!!!

1 minute ago, Z09 said:

+1

Remember Obama?

" we can't do this to our children"

And then he did

Yup...

I guess I'm rather primitive in my thinking, but I just don't get it. Everything we're taught from childhood to death - don't over spend your income. There are penalties along the way for anytime it happens. Bounce a check, there's a penalty. Can't make a car or house payment, there's even bigger penalties. Acquire to many penalties and people have to file BK. 

All penalties of course are legally sanctioned by the government. The very government that runs up debt annually, and a "National Debt" that's north of what - something like $23 Trillion? 

Never leave the door open to the hen house if there's fox's around. Yet, here we are - with a system where the foxes live in the hen house.

On that note, I'm outta here and heading to the lake.