TYPICAL REPUBLICAN: An Ohio lawmaker admitted he hadn't researched ectopic pregnancies before proposing an abortion restriction bill

Scout

This illustrates the typical lack of regard for rights among Republicans.  They are lazy people who are NEVER intellectuals and consider

research unnecessary.  Why are Republicans so stupid?

Ectopic pregnancies occur when a fertilized egg attaches to the outside of the uterus, where it cannot grow. Anti-abortion lobbyists worked with Ohio state Representative John Becker to write a proposal that includes allowing medical insurance to cover doctors attempting to re-implant ectopic pregnancies in the uterus, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

In addition, the Enquirer reports that Becker didn't consult with doctors before proposing the new abortion restriction, part of a controversial "heartbeat bill" that would ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat could be detected – as early as six weeks into a pregnancy – and would consider doctors who performed illegal abortions guilty of aggravated murder.  -- Cincinnati Enquirer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

POOR DEMOCRATS BELIEVE IN MURDERING BABIES

See what I mean about Republicans being stupid?  I thank DUCK for providing yet more evidence (such an abundance) of their ignorance

of the life endangerment caused by an ectopic pregnancy.  

DUCK is stating that he thinks the mother should suffer terrible consequences, including DEATH,  rather than "abort" an ectopic pregnancy.

Idiots!  All of you are idiots.

9 minutes ago, Scout said:

See what I mean about Republicans being stupid?  I thank DUCK for providing yet more evidence (such an abundance) of their ignorance

of the life endangerment caused by an ectopic pregnancy.  

DUCK is stating that he thinks the mother should suffer terrible consequences, including DEATH,  rather than "abort" an ectopic pregnancy.

Idiots!  All of you are idiots.

Entropic pregnancies can be fatal for both mother and fetusl

27 minutes ago, Scout said:

Let's see...about 1% of pregnancies are ectopic...many of them "self resolve" before showing syptoms...according to the NHS of the UK (remember, they have that wonderful universal healthcare system) the best approach, assuming medication doesn't stop everything, is a laparoscopic surgery under general anesthetic, not an abortion.

10 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Let's see...about 1% of pregnancies are ectopic...many of them "self resolve" before showing syptoms...according to the NHS of the UK (remember, they have that wonderful universal healthcare system) the best approach, assuming medication doesn't stop everything, is a laparoscopic surgery under general anesthetic, not an abortion.

This shows your utter ignorance.  The laparoscopic surgery IS an abortion, dipcrap.

25 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Entropic pregnancies can be fatal for both mother and fetusl

The idea of forcing those uppity women who won't sleep with them suffer and die at their command makes weak and impotent neocon men come in their pants.

1 hour ago, Scout said:

This illustrates the typical lack of regard for rights among Republicans.  They are lazy people who are NEVER intellectuals and consider

Ectopic pregnancies occur when a fertilized egg attaches to the outside of the uterus, where it cannot grow. Anti-abortion lobbyists worked with Ohio state Representative John Becker to write a proposal that includes allowing medical insurance to cover doctors attempting to re-implant ectopic pregnancies in the uterus, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

In addition, the Enquirer reports that Becker didn't consult with doctors before proposing the new abortion restriction, part of a controversial "heartbeat bill" that would ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat could be detected – as early as six weeks into a pregnancy – and would consider doctors who performed illegal abortions guilty of aggravated murder.  -- Cincinnati Enquirer

Removal of an ectopic pregnancy should not be considered abortion. Nor should the removal of a dead or inviolable fetus. 

4 minutes ago, DemoMan said:

The idea of forcing those uppity women who won't sleep with them suffer and die at their command makes weak and impotent neocon men come in their pants.

You had to mention abortion and the queen of aborting babies shows up. She’s seething because if she wasn’t allowed abortions she’d be raising her dads child. 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Is that why democrats pass laws before they can read it? Try again Demorat.

12 minutes ago, Scout said:

This shows your utter ignorance.  The laparoscopic surgery IS an abortion, dipcrap.

Do they also typically remove the fallopian tube during an abortion?  An abortion is (generally) not under general anesthesia.

Oh...and FYI...laparoscopic, thoracoscopic, anthroscopic and endoscopic are minimally invasive and can be used for all types of things.  I have had several on my heart...not a single pregnancy was stopped.  And according to the American Pregnancy Association, the two types of surgical procedures used for the overwhelming majority of abortions are aspiration and D&E.  The later (D&E) is used after the 15th week...well after an ectopic pregnancy would be addressed.  Both are considered non-invasive as they only involve inserting a tube through the cervix into the uterus.

11 minutes ago, splunch said:

Nothing says "I'm smart!" like proposing laws that will dramatically change the lives of lots of people...

...without bothering to learn anything about what you're proposing.

You mean a legislator should research the subject of a proposed law and actually read the proposed legislation?  You should probably call Piglosi immediately.  She doesn't have a history of doing that.

23 minutes ago, splunch said:

Nothing says "I'm smart!" like proposing laws that will dramatically change the lives of lots of people...

...without bothering to learn anything about what you're proposing.

well said.  can you imagine being such an awful human being that you don't think research should play a role in legislation?

14 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

You mean a legislator should research the subject of a proposed law and actually read the proposed legislation?  You should probably call Piglosi immediately.  She doesn't have a history of doing that.

Show me where Speaker Pelosi said she doesn't read legislation (though having worked on the Hill, I know that staff often has this responsibility). 

I will just assume you can't provide me any such evidence. 

Just now, Scout said:

Show me where Speaker Pelosi said she doesn't read legislation (though having worked on the Hill, I know that staff often has this responsibility). 

I will just assume you can't provide me any such evidence. 

we-have-to-pass-the-bill-so-that-you-can

there ya go dumbass