"I Headed the F.B.I. and C.I.A. There’s a Dire Threat to the Country I Love."

By William Webster
Mr. Webster is a former federal judge and the former director of both the F.B.I. and the C.I.A.

The country can ill afford to have a chief law enforcement officer dispute the Justice Department’s own independent inspector general’s report and claim that an F.B.I. investigation was based on “a completely bogus narrative.” In fact, the report conclusively found that the evidence to initiate the Russia investigation was unassailable. There were more than 100 contacts between members of the Trump campaign and Russian agents during the 2016 campaign, and Russian efforts to undermine our democracy continue to this day. I’m glad the F.B.I. took the threat seriously. It is important, Mr. Wray said last week, that the inspector general found that “the investigation was opened with appropriate predication and authorization.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/16/opinion/FBI-Trump-russia-investigation.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"I’m profoundly disappointed in another longtime, respected friend, Rudy Giuliani, who had spent his life defending our people from those who would do us harm. His activities of late concerning Ukraine have, at a minimum, failed the smell test of propriety. I hope he, like all of us, will redirect to our North Star, the rule of law, something so precious it is greater than any man or administration."

1 hour ago, leftwinger said:

By William Webster
Mr. Webster is a former federal judge and the former director of both the F.B.I. and the C.I.A.

The country can ill afford to have a chief law enforcement officer dispute the Justice Department’s own independent inspector general’s report and claim that an F.B.I. investigation was based on “a completely bogus narrative.” In fact, the report conclusively found that the evidence to initiate the Russia investigation was unassailable. There were more than 100 contacts between members of the Trump campaign and Russian agents during the 2016 campaign, and Russian efforts to undermine our democracy continue to this day. I’m glad the F.B.I. took the threat seriously. It is important, Mr. Wray said last week, that the inspector general found that “the investigation was opened with appropriate predication and authorization.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/16/opinion/FBI-Trump-russia-investigation.html

He's not wrong, but it also reeks of "Don't question the FBI or CIA. They are here to protect you. They shouldn't be questioned." ...this, even though we know that both agencies have been dragged into the partisan muck with everyone else.

2 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Ya, I mean really - could you imagine if a POTUS used a government entity - such as the IRS or FBI - to go after political opponents.

Of course, that would never happen.....😉

Trump is getting impeached. Started with wrongful firing of Comey.

5 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Trump is getting impeached. Started with wrongful firing of Comey.

Yawn….

On Friday, Comey acknowledged under oath that the FBI used an uncorroborated document funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC as “evidence” in officials’ request for a FISA warrant to surveil Trump adviser Carter Page.

The more of this rigamorale, the better the chances of Trump winning a second term. Make sure you run an "everything will be free" candidate to complete the trifecta.