USA TODAY Poll: Impeached or not, Trump leads his Democratic rivals for another term

Interesting times. Things continue to pan out when I stated over a year ago three things had to happen for Trump to get re-elected. So far, all three are happening.....

USA TODAY Poll: Impeached or not, Trump leads his Democratic rivals for another term

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump, the first modern president to face impeachment during his first term in the White House, now leads his top Democratic rivals in his bid for a second, a new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/12/16/trump-impeachment-2020-election-leads-democratic-rivals/2663659001/

10 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Interesting times. Things continue to pan out when I stated over a year ago three things had to happen for Trump to get re-elected. So far, all three are happening.....

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump, the first modern president to face impeachment during his first term in the White House, now leads his top Democratic rivals in his bid for a second, a new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/12/16/trump-impeachment-2020-election-leads-democratic-rivals/2663659001/

This will become more apparent when democrats actually vote to impeach.

They are very likely handing the house to the republicans too. 

5 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

This will become more apparent when democrats actually vote to impeach.

They are very likely handing the house to the republicans too. 

Yep...they're really out of touch.

1. Keep the "get Trump at any cost mentality" at the cost of running the country.  Check.

2. The economy to not hit any major hiccups.  Check...though I don't like deficit spending regardless of the stripe.

3. Run another unelectable - in this case - "everything will be free" candidate.

Said it then and will say it again - they run anyone other than Joe "what year is it" Biden, and if the other two aspects remain, Trump clobbers them. Biden is the only one that come voting time, could give Trump a run - provided the other two aspects are continuing.

10 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

………….

2. The economy to not hit any major hiccups.  Check...though I don't like deficit spending regardless of the stripe.

…………..

Deficit spending will keep the economy going FOREVER,

won't it?

1 minute ago, dontlooknow said:

Yes pumping money into the economy is one way to keep it going. And bribing businesses to hire people to keep the unemployment low is another. Which the tax cut did. 

And it never,

ever,

needs to be paid back!

Right?

9 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

This single poll will please Trump but it doesn’t reflect impeachment and doesn’t appear to represent a trend. 

The results of national and state polls can be seen at: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/general_election/

Meh.….polls are rather meaningless at this stage of the game. What I find interesting is there is a trend. In spite of the endless attacks, endless 24/7 rhetoric from 90% of the media against Trump, his numbers don't decline. In fact, they've been up slightly as Independents start getting sick of the aforementioned - which polling currently shows - for whatever it's worth.

Anyway, tis' interesting. Your folks have played some wild cards in this game, and unless something very major changes - come election time, I think you'll find they overplayed their cards by a wide margin.

1 minute ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

We both know better than that. My only question is why does it seem like this only matters now? Deficit spending, quite unfortunately, is nothing new.

Look at the dividend ratio for the stock market.

The market is living on buy backs, not profits.

Unemployment is low BECAUSE of the deficit.

Traditionally,

the deficit DECREASES when the economy is "good".

EVERYTHING IS OUT OF WHACK.

THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING.

15 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

It's funny when the polls say Trumps losing you guys bitch and complain. Now Trump is up in the margin of error and you guys are all on line now. Dumbasses 

There aren't any polls saying Trump is losing, because he is owning you like his little bitch. 

Just now, peter45 said:

Look at the dividend ratio for the stock market.

The market is living on buy backs, not profits.

Unemployment is low BECAUSE of the deficit.

Traditionally,

the deficit DECREASES when the economy is "good".

EVERYTHING IS OUT OF WHACK.

THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING.

Things have been "out of whack" for quite some time, none of your points just started magically happening.

Things have been "out of whack" for quite some time, none of your points just started magically happening.

Things went REALLY out of whack when GWB was elected.

For 100 years before, dividends averaged near 5%.

Look at them now. 1.8% or so.

https://www.multpl.com/s-p-500-dividend-yield/table/by-year

1 minute ago, peter45 said:

Things went REALLY out of whack when GWB was elected.

For 100 years before, dividends averaged near 5%.

Look at them now. 1.8% or so.

https://www.multpl.com/s-p-500-dividend-yield/table/by-year

You can go back further than that. How about dumping the gold standard? Or heck, you really want to get down to brass tacks - how about we start in 1913.

11 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Meh.….polls are rather meaningless at this stage of the game. What I find interesting is there is a trend. In spite of the endless attacks, endless 24/7 rhetoric from 90% of the media against Trump, his numbers don't decline. In fact, they've been up slightly as Independents start getting sick of the aforementioned - which polling currently shows - for whatever it's worth.

Anyway, tis' interesting. Your folks have played some wild cards in this game, and unless something very major changes - come election time, I think you'll find they overplayed their cards by a wide margin.

His numbers appear to have been unchanged for 2+ years. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

i posted about this in a different thread in which I argued that impeachment is not moving the needle.  The thread didn’t get much traction. 

Funny that you say meh when you started a thread about a poll. 🙂

Your speculation that Democrats overplayed their hand is unsupported by evidence. I could say that the Republican rush to acquit is overplaying their hand and it would be equally speculative.

You can go back further than that. How about dumping the gold standard? Or heck, you really want to get down to brass tacks - how about we start in 1913.

I am living in the present, at least for a few more years.

Just now, Olivaw said:

His numbers appear to have been unchanged for 2+ years. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

i posted about this in a different thread in which I argued that impeachment is not moving the needle.  The thread didn’t get much traction. 

Your speculation that Democrats overplayed their hand is unsupported by evidence. I could say that the Republican rush to acquit is overplaying their hand and it would be equally speculative.

democrats are handing Trump a 2nd term

3 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

I suppose we'll have a definitive answer to which of use would be correct in just under a year. I'll bet you $1.00 on this - if the economy (as in what's affecting the general populations wallets) remains unchanged, this sort of stuff continues, and you run one of the "everything is free" candidates - Trump will crush it. Scary - but a very high percentage reality.