I have changed my mind regarding witnesses being called for the Senate trial on impeachment

1AC

Initially I was on board with several witnesses being called to the Senate trial for impeachment particularly Adam Schiff and a host of others. In light of the trend that I see forming on the left I think it would be a better idea to only call one witness... The leaker AKA whistleblower. The reason really is twofold... First we only need the Whistleblower to uncover Adam schiff's complicity, and secondly I don't believe it would be advantageous to muddy the waters further in as much as I see several Democrats, based on what we now know and what has occurred in the house, who are on the fence and quite possibly could vote against impeachment... and I firmly believe that if 6 -8 Democrats vote against it Wednesday it will go a long way in the Senate trial to bring other Democrats in agreement for acquittal. What we don't need is to give them any more cover then they already have to vote otherwise. Calling only The Whistleblower to the Senate trial will allowed it to be wrapped up very quickly. What we don't need is Schumer calling all sorts of Witnesses to muddy the waters, produce a dog and pony show and extend the process. What the Democrats have done in the house looks pretty bad and we should capitalize on it and acquit in the Senate quickly.

Addendum... The most Salient reason for calling the leaker AKA whistleblower is to publicly expose the seditious bastard for what he is which will also expose lieutenant colonel vindman in the conspiracy.

3 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Schumer cannot call a single witness without the approval of the republican majority.

I understand that... But he can make it enough of an issue with the mob media on his side and I don't trust some of the Republicans in the Senate. Some of them do not seem to have enough of a backbone. If the Republicans call for a slew of witnesses then in all fairness they would have to allow Schumer his Witnesses. I know there's an argument for acting like the house did against us... But that's not going to fly with the public.