"Blood On Your Hands"

Doobie

“BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS”

Your hands are drenched in blood, your fingers dripping with guilt, your lips smeared with lies, your tongue swollen from muttering obscenities.” Isaiah 59:3.

At this juncture, you may ask, “Why did I bother to quote this Biblical passage?”  I do so because I’m concerned about all the violence we’ve seen occurring in recent weeks and months in our country.  Just the other day, a Saudi aviation student killed three people at the Pensacola Naval Air Station in Florida. Just this past week, four people were killed at a supermarket in Jersey City, NJ.

My friends, I can’t usually quote chapter and verse, but I do know one thing: This incessant violence in our schools, in our places of business, at our military instillations, on our neighborhood streets, must stop. 

Moreover, I’m concerned. Yes, I’m very concerned about what’s happened in America over these past three years. Even more importantly, I’m concerned about what will happen to our beloved nation if that trend is allowed to continue.  I personally believe America is headed in the wrong direction.  Gun violence must be stopped.  If we don’t take action… If we do nothing, we may reach a point where we cease to recognize our wonderful country.  I ask: “Will we reach a point where we are afraid to go out of our houses?  In some major cities, in certain sections, that is already the case.

Just today, I read the warning to America issued by the recently-deceased former Federal Reserve chairman, Paul Volcker.

Volcker said: "Today we see something very different and far more sinister. Nihilistic forces are dismantling policies to protect our air, water, and climate. And they seek to discredit the pillars of our democracy: voting rights and fair elections, the rule of law, the free press, the separation of powers, the belief in science, and the concept of truth itself.

What worries me most is that I believe what we’ve witnessed thus far, over these past three years, is mere “child’s play.”  Further, I believe this tone is set at the top, be it gun violence or climate change (I ask: “Can’t we put human beings ahead of business interests?”).

Furthermore, “The Egocentric One” will stop at nothing to get re-elected. His “take no prisoners” approach is frightening.  I shudder to think what belies the United States of America if “That Man” is reelected president of the United States.

Only recently he held a rally in Hershey, PA.  During that rally,  Over the course of a more than 90-minute delivery, Trump pushed conspiracy theories and blatant lies, trashed law enforcement officials that aren’t blindly loyal to him, exhibited thuggish tendencies toward protesters, made misogynistic remarks, and demonstrated that he fundamentally misunderstands the Constitution.(“Vox”: December11, 2019, an article by Aaron Rupar).

Further, during his recent Tuesday speech in Hershey, he demeaned both the FBI rank-and-file and bureau leadership.  He made disparaging accusations against former FBI agents Lisa Page and Peter Strzok.  POTUS concluded his denigrating, unsubstantiated remarks about Page and Strzok by saying “…I don’t know if it’s true.”  Yet, POTUS put it out there. After all, he’s the “Alpha Male.”  Some, who are easily swayed, may say, “If we can’t believe him, whom can we believe?”  Yet, the damage has been done. These two former FBI agents, Page and Strzok, have been smeared. Trump would later refer to FBI agents, in general, as “scum”.  This is approach is part and parcel of POTUS’s “modus operandi.”  His rhetoric sounds like a replay of the Army-McCarthy hearings of the 1950’s, Roy Cohn et al.  The takeaway from all of this is the underlying but overriding theme that Trump demands total loyalty from “his subjects.”   That in itself is frightening.  I ask, “How is this loyalty to be accomplished?  Through ‘brainwashing’?”

Furthermore, POTUS demeans anyone who opposes him, particularly political opponents.  In his speech he excoriated MA Senator Elizabeth Warren.  He referred to Warren’s marriage as a “dirty disgusting deal.”  This remark coming from a man whose been accused by no fewer than 20 women of alleged sexual misconduct.  A man who walked in on partly-undressed young women participating in a teen-aged beauty pageant.  After all, “the privileged one” can do whatever he wants, isn’t he “the king of Palm Beach” where everyone comes to Mar-- A – Lago “to kiss his ass.”

In this vein, I can all but assure you that if “The Egocentric One” gets his way and is reelected, he will proclaim himself as “king of America.”  And to think that the Constitution expressly states that there shall be “no titles of nobility.”

As I continue, later in his Hershey, PA speech, he referred to House Committee Intelligence Committee chair, Adam Schiff, as a “crooked bastard.”  As Robert Welch might have asked,” At long, Sir, have you no sense of decency? “

In addition, I believe what is most concerning are POTUS’s “fear tactics.” (That fear mongering appeals directly to his base). It’s like the Ku Klux Klan, decades ago, warning about “mongrelization.” In a veiled form, what Trump is saying is: Let’s keep America “lily white.” Let’s avoid all forms of “contamination.”  He preaches xenophobia in all its forms. What I fear most is not “The Exalted One,” himself, but his acolytes who will put into action his inciteful rhetoric. i.e., Charlottesville.

As far as the upcoming election is concerned,   POTUS warns of a “doomsday scenario” if he doesn’t win next year.  “We will destroy our country if these people get in.”  “These people,” Mr. President.  Who are “these people”?  Are they average Americans just trying to pay off their mortgage? Are they just average people trying to save enough money to send their kids to college?  One things for sure, they don’t live in Trump Tower. 

I would add, “There you go again: “divide and conquer.” “Divide et supera!” Us vs Them.  We vs, They.  Maybe we should just call you ”The Great Divider.” Or maybe “The Great Pretender”; you do love the limelight.

Finally, among other comments made at his recent rally, POTUS made false accusations against Democrats saying that they want “to get rid of religion.” And that they support infanticide. To that I say I have to hand it to you, Mr. President, you don’t leave a stone unturned when it comes to inciting your base with fallacious remarks.  Where are you, Huey Long?  Where are you the Reverend Gerald L. K. Smith?  Where are you Father Charles Coughlin?  “Cut from the same bolt of cloth!”   

And this is just the beginning phase of POTUS 2020 reelection campaign. I’m sure, as we move through the months en route to that 2020 presidential election on Tuesday, November 3, the remarks will become even more outlandish, more vituperative, more demeaning, and, more inciteful.  I ask: “Is this who we are as a country?”  I know we’re better than that.

The people of our country must avoid being “gaslightined”.  They must avoid being spun around like a top. In my opinion, this is all “blue smoke and mirrors.” It’s prestidigitation.  We can’t become like the Eloi in H.G. Wells’ “The Time Machine.”   The group that was eventually maintained by the Morlocks as a food source, much like cows, chickens, and pigs are today.

Finally, stay focused.  “Keep your eyes on the prize,” the defeat of Donald Trump in the 2020 election. 

In conclusion: I would hope that no one would want to be found with “blood on their hands.”

And finally, I’m reminded again of Isaiah (2:4).  To paraphrase.  Instead of throwing spears, turn them into pruninghooks.  Instead of menacing with swords, turn them into plowshares.

See through this tale of exaggerations and lies.  Stay strong.   Be resolute.  See through this fallacious misleading rhetoric.  As my Latin teacher would  say: “Facta non verba!” “Deeds Not Words!”

10 minutes ago, Doobie said:

“BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS”

Your hands are drenched in blood, your fingers dripping with guilt, your lips smeared with lies, your tongue swollen from muttering obscenities.” Isaiah 59:3.

At this juncture, you may ask, “Why did I bother to quote this Biblical passage?”  I do so because I’m concerned about all the violence we’ve seen occurring in recent weeks and months in our country.  Just the other day, a Saudi aviation student killed three people at the Pensacola Naval Air Station in Florida. Just this past week, four people were killed at a supermarket in Jersey City, NJ.

My friends, I can’t usually quote chapter and verse, but I do know one thing: This incessant violence in our schools, in our places of business, at our military instillations, on our neighborhood streets, must stop. 

Moreover, I’m concerned. Yes, I’m very concerned about what’s happened in America over these past three years. Even more importantly, I’m concerned about what will happen to our beloved nation if that trend is allowed to continue.  I personally believe America is headed in the wrong direction.  Gun violence must be stopped.  If we don’t take action… If we do nothing, we may reach a point where we cease to recognize our wonderful country.  I ask: “Will we reach a point where we are afraid to go out of our houses?  In some major cities, in certain sections, that is already the case.

Just today, I read the warning to America issued by the recently-deceased former Federal Reserve chairman, Paul Volcker.

Volcker said: "Today we see something very different and far more sinister. Nihilistic forces are dismantling policies to protect our air, water, and climate. And they seek to discredit the pillars of our democracy: voting rights and fair elections, the rule of law, the free press, the separation of powers, the belief in science, and the concept of truth itself.

What worries me most is that I believe what we’ve witnessed thus far, over these past three years, is mere “child’s play.”  Further, I believe this tone is set at the top, be it gun violence or climate change (I ask: “Can’t we put human beings ahead of business interests?”).

Furthermore, “The Egocentric One” will stop at nothing to get re-elected. His “take no prisoners” approach is frightening.  I shudder to think what belies the United States of America if “That Man” is reelected president of the United States.

Only recently he held a rally in Hershey, PA.  During that rally,  Over the course of a more than 90-minute delivery, Trump pushed conspiracy theories and blatant lies, trashed law enforcement officials that aren’t blindly loyal to him, exhibited thuggish tendencies toward protesters, made misogynistic remarks, and demonstrated that he fundamentally misunderstands the Constitution.(“Vox”: December11, 2019, an article by Aaron Rupar).

Further, during his recent Tuesday speech in Hershey, he demeaned both the FBI rank-and-file and bureau leadership.  He made disparaging accusations against former FBI agents Lisa Page and Peter Strzok.  POTUS concluded his denigrating, unsubstantiated remarks about Page and Strzok by saying “…I don’t know if it’s true.”  Yet, POTUS put it out there. After all, he’s the “Alpha Male.”  Some, who are easily swayed, may say, “If we can’t believe him, whom can we believe?”  Yet, the damage has been done. These two former FBI agents, Page and Strzok, have been smeared. Trump would later refer to FBI agents, in general, as “scum”.  This is approach is part and parcel of POTUS’s “modus operandi.”  His rhetoric sounds like a replay of the Army-McCarthy hearings of the 1950’s, Roy Cohn et al.  The takeaway from all of this is the underlying but overriding theme that Trump demands total loyalty from “his subjects.”   That in itself is frightening.  I ask, “How is this loyalty to be accomplished?  Through ‘brainwashing’?”

Furthermore, POTUS demeans anyone who opposes him, particularly political opponents.  In his speech he excoriated MA Senator Elizabeth Warren.  He referred to Warren’s marriage as a “dirty disgusting deal.”  This remark coming from a man whose been accused by no fewer than 20 women of alleged sexual misconduct.  A man who walked in on partly-undressed young women participating in a teen-aged beauty pageant.  After all, “the privileged one” can do whatever he wants, isn’t he “the king of Palm Beach” where everyone comes to Mar-- A – Lago “to kiss his ass.”

In this vein, I can all but assure you that if “The Egocentric One” gets his way and is reelected, he will proclaim himself as “king of America.”  And to think that the Constitution expressly states that there shall be “no titles of nobility.”

As I continue, later in his Hershey, PA speech, he referred to House Committee Intelligence Committee chair, Adam Schiff, as a “crooked bastard.”  As Robert Welch might have asked,” At long, Sir, have you no sense of decency? “

In addition, I believe what is most concerning are POTUS’s “fear tactics.” (That fear mongering appeals directly to his base). It’s like the Ku Klux Klan, decades ago, warning about “mongrelization.” In a veiled form, what Trump is saying is: Let’s keep America “lily white.” Let’s avoid all forms of “contamination.”  He preaches xenophobia in all its forms. What I fear most is not “The Exalted One,” himself, but his acolytes who will put into action his inciteful rhetoric. i.e., Charlottesville.

As far as the upcoming election is concerned,   POTUS warns of a “doomsday scenario” if he doesn’t win next year.  “We will destroy our country if these people get in.”  “These people,” Mr. President.  Who are “these people”?  Are they average Americans just trying to pay off their mortgage? Are they just average people trying to save enough money to send their kids to college?  One things for sure, they don’t live in Trump Tower. 

I would add, “There you go again: “divide and conquer.” “Divide et supera!” Us vs Them.  We vs, They.  Maybe we should just call you ”The Great Divider.” Or maybe “The Great Pretender”; you do love the limelight.

Finally, among other comments made at his recent rally, POTUS made false accusations against Democrats saying that they want “to get rid of religion.” And that they support infanticide. To that I say I have to hand it to you, Mr. President, you don’t leave a stone unturned when it comes to inciting your base with fallacious remarks.  Where are you, Huey Long?  Where are you the Reverend Gerald L. K. Smith?  Where are you Father Charles Coughlin?  “Cut from the same bolt of cloth!”   

And this is just the beginning phase of POTUS 2020 reelection campaign. I’m sure, as we move through the months en route to that 2020 presidential election on Tuesday, November 3, the remarks will become even more outlandish, more vituperative, more demeaning, and, more inciteful.  I ask: “Is this who we are as a country?”  I know we’re better than that.

The people of our country must avoid being “gaslightined”.  They must avoid being spun around like a top. In my opinion, this is all “blue smoke and mirrors.” It’s prestidigitation.  We can’t become like the Eloi in H.G. Wells’ “The Time Machine.”   The group that was eventually maintained by the Morlocks as a food source, much like cows, chickens, and pigs are today.

Finally, stay focused.  “Keep your eyes on the prize,” the defeat of Donald Trump in the 2020 election. 

In conclusion: I would hope that no one would want to be found with “blood on their hands.”

And finally, I’m reminded again of Isaiah (2:4).  To paraphrase.  Instead of throwing spears, turn them into pruninghooks.  Instead of menacing with swords, turn them into plowshares.

See through this tale of exaggerations and lies.  Stay strong.   Be resolute.  See through this fallacious misleading rhetoric.  As my Latin teacher would  say: “Facta non verba!” “Deeds Not Words!”

Drop weapons, open borders, forget about your legal right to a life and don't bother our wonderful drug dealing street gangsters who are doing 80% of the gun crime with illegal weapons.

3 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Violent crime is half of what it was in th he 1970s. Don't let facts get in the way of a good diatribe. 

I keep pointing that out to the gun control side, but they insist gun violence is out of control. Maybe they don’t consider gun violence to be a part of the violent crime statistics?

Good am, Doobie,

Those 3 Naval Aviators that were shot to death last week were graduates of Annapolis Naval Academy.

That ain't cool with me.

I want blood.  Revenge blood.  'PAYBACK IS MOFO' !!!!     😡.

Where does that murderer come?  Saudi Arabia?  

I propose that we send the rest of those Saudis back home.  And,  a fine.  100 million dollars.  Per man. 

Paid to the families of the fallen.

What is your solution?         🍹.

Just now, Taipan said:

Good am, Doobie,

Those 3 Naval Aviators that were shot to death last week were graduates of Annapolis Naval Academy.

That ain't cool with me.

I want blood.  Revenge blood.  'PAYBACK IS MOFO' !!!!     😡.

Where does that murderer come?  Saudi Arabia?  

I propose that we send the rest of those Saudis back home.  And,  a fine.  100 million dollars.  Per man. 

Paid to the families of the fallen.

What is your solution?         🍹.

Sounds good to me.