Sign in to follow this  
Neomalthusian

Democratic candidates threaten to skip debate amid labor fight

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/13/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-threaten-skip-debate-labor-fight-084530

All seven Democratic candidates who have qualified for the PBS NewsHour/POLITICO Debate at Loyola Marymount University next week threatened on Friday to skip the event, asserting they would not cross the picket line of campus workers locked in a labor dispute.

UNITE HERE Local 11, a union representing 150 cashiers, cooks, dishwashers and servers at the university, said in a statement that it had not yet reached a resolution in negotiations for a collective bargaining agreement with Sodexo — a global services company that employs the workers and is subcontracted by the university to handle food service operations.

(snip)

"The DNC and LMU learned of this issue earlier today, and it is our understanding this matter arose within the last day," Xochitl Hinojosa, the DNC communications director, said in the statement. "While LMU is not a party to the negotiations between Sodexo and Unite Here Local 11, Tom Perez would absolutely not cross a picket line and would never expect our candidates to either."

22 minutes ago, Neomalthusian said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/13/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-threaten-skip-debate-labor-fight-084530

All seven Democratic candidates who have qualified for the PBS NewsHour/POLITICO Debate at Loyola Marymount University next week threatened on Friday to skip the event, asserting they would not cross the picket line of campus workers locked in a labor dispute.

UNITE HERE Local 11, a union representing 150 cashiers, cooks, dishwashers and servers at the university, said in a statement that it had not yet reached a resolution in negotiations for a collective bargaining agreement with Sodexo — a global services company that employs the workers and is subcontracted by the university to handle food service operations.

(snip)

"The DNC and LMU learned of this issue earlier today, and it is our understanding this matter arose within the last day," Xochitl Hinojosa, the DNC communications director, said in the statement. "While LMU is not a party to the negotiations between Sodexo and Unite Here Local 11, Tom Perez would absolutely not cross a picket line and would never expect our candidates to either."

Wow......that's a novel way to avoid having to go on the record in another clown show. I guess there are more disputing laborers that people who would watch the debate so it actually may make sense.

5 hours ago, Neomalthusian said:

(snip)

Why is every post of yours bashing unions? Who is paying you?

20 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Why is every post of yours bashing unions? Who is paying you?

This isn’t my content, it’s a news article.  You think Politico is bashing unions here?

3 minutes ago, Neomalthusian said:

This isn’t my content, it’s a news article.  You think Politico is bashing unions here?

You are. I see your name and you're bashing unions. who pays you?

57 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Says the tit sucking niqqer that's on this site 22 hours a day, every day. Who's paying for your useless, lazy ass?

9 hours ago, leftwinger said:

The thread title and post #1 is straight from the linked Politico article and the article is not anti-union.

You must be really traumatized by the facts I've shared with you about unions in the past.

15 hours ago, Libswatter said:

Wow......that's a novel way to avoid having to go on the record in another clown show. I guess there are more disputing laborers that people who would watch the debate so it actually may make sense.

Yep...the dems know their debates have been a disaster so they need to use an excuse to skip out.

Good. Few watch anyway. Dems think they will gain traction with union members who voted for Trump. This is just another dem political stunt. Union construction workers in Mass. had a tough time when Obama was in. They had long periods of layoffs. They have been working since Trump obtained office. An ironworker who stops into the local watering hole told me that he and other union members who voted for Hillary realize the mistake they made in that vote. Trump is going to pick up more union members in 2020.