For Chuck. IG report. Russia investigation justified,

Olivaw

Dear @Chuck, At any other time I would be keen to examine overuse of the FISA warrant system with respect to Carter Page but not at the expense of discussing an historic presidential impeachment as it unfolds. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/us/politics/ig-horowitz-report-hearing.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Mr. Graham opened the hearing by acknowledging that the government of Russia — not Ukraine — sought to interfere with the 2016 election, and he did not quarrel with Mr. Horowitz’s finding that the F.B.I. had a legitimate basis to open a full counterintelligence investigation into links between Russia and people associated with the Trump campaign.

But he portrayed the wiretapping of Mr. Page as dubious and said it should have stopped after January 2017, when the F.B.I. had reason to lose confidence in evidence it used to obtain the initial court order targeting him. Mr. Horowitz’s findings about the wiretap applications should disturb all Americans, no matter their political leanings or the motivations behind the F.B.I. officials’ actions, he said

My take:

• The Russia investigation was justified. 
  • FISA warrants are abused. 

I know you’ll tell us that Lindsay Graham’s little speech is important but most of us now view that man as a Trump lackey. Sorry. Think badly of me if you are so inclined. 

Democrats abused the FISA warrant process to spy on a political rival and want nothing done about it.

President asks a country to investigate potential corruption? Impeach and remove him!!!!!😂

Do you idiots have any idea how absolutely insane you tards look? 

You worry way too much about what someone thinks of you and way too little about the facts 

IG Horowitz himself said that his report vindicates nobody. 

I don’t care about grandma’s opinion. He has betrayed me and the Republican Party on immigration for a very long time now. 

Claiming that that report vindicates or justifies anything is simply not true 

4 hours ago, Olivaw said:

My take:

• The Russia investigation was justified. 
  • FISA warrants are abused. 

I know you’ll tell us that Lindsay Graham’s little speech is important but most of us now view that man as a Trump lackey. Sorry. Think badly of me if you are so inclined. 

"did not quarrel with" does NOT equal "vindicated", "justified" or any other positive adjective you want to use.

Yes, the FBI had a legitimate basis to open an investigation, but the standards are so low for opening one, it is impossible to charge that one was opened for political purposes.
Low standards does NOT equal "vindicated" either.

Horowitz testified that the entire thing was a screw up, with basic wrongs being accepted, and falsification to cover those wrongs being acceptable too.
He spoke of missteps and wrong doing at all levels of the investigation, from the management of it to the lowly lawyers who falsified documents.

'And finally, he said that absolutely no one was vindicated who touched the investigation. NO ONE.

7 hours ago, Chuck! said:

You worry way too much about what someone thinks of you and way too little about the facts 

IG Horowitz himself said that his report vindicates nobody. 

I don’t care about grandma’s opinion. He has betrayed me and the Republican Party on immigration for a very long time now. 

Claiming that that report vindicates or justifies anything is simply not true 

1) Sarcasm eludes you. 🙄

2) “he did not quarrel with Mr. Horowitz’s finding that the F.B.I. had a legitimate basis to open a full counterintelligence investigation into links between Russia and people associated with the Trump campaign.”  = justified

Try as you might to split hairs, you’ll impress nobody outside the gullible cult.  Your desire to lap up the Russia Hoax/witch hunt narrative appears to have rendered you unable to recognize the core story here. Trump’s witch-hunt lie has once again been shown to be a conspiracy theory that appeals only to gullible rubes and partisan hacks. 

Impeachment will continue apace. GOP operatives will try to push a conspiracy theory that the IG disproved. The party loyal will buy it. Everybody else will see through it.