Jump to content

Biden's Lies Continue


Recommended Posts

Biden blames staff, says nobody ‘warned’ him son’s Ukraine job could raise conflict

 

Former Vice President Joe Biden claimed in a new interview that when his son Hunter was a board member of Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings while he was in office, no one informed him that it could pose a problem.

Biden insisted again that Hunter did nothing wrong, but this time appeared to fault his staff for not cluing him in that there could be concerns about his son's involvement with the foreign company that had been under investigation while Biden was in office and dealing with Ukraine policy.

"Nobody warned me about a potential conflict of interest. Nobody warned me about that," Biden told NPR in a story posted Monday.

 

 

State Department official George Kent addressed this during his testimony as part of the impeachment inquiry of President Trump, acknowledging that he told staff members there was concern over the appearance of a conflict of interest, but that no one told the vice president because his older son Beau was suffering from what was ultimately a fatal battle with brain cancer.

"They should have told me," Biden says now. Hunter's dealings and the elder Biden's role ousting a prosecutor looking into Burisma are being used by Trump and his supporters against the now-2020 presidential candidate, even as Trump's effort to press for an investigation into that conduct has spurred the impeachment inquiry.

"The appearance looked bad and it gave folks like Rudy Giuliani an excuse to come up with a Trumpian kind of defense, while they were violating the Constitution," Biden said.

Trump's impeachment inquiry has focused primarily on his request for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate the Bidens, as well as Democratic activities during the 2016 election. Democrats have accused Trump of using a White House visit for Zelensky and the delay of military aid to Ukraine as leverage.

 

Trump insists he did nothing wrong and that he never called for any quid pro quo with the investigations. His administration claims that Trump was simply concerned about corruption within the Ukrainian government, asserting that is part of why he delayed the aid. Trump has also hammered the Bidens for alleged impropriety, blasting the former vice president for pressuring Ukraine to fire a prosecutor who was investigating Burisma.

In the past, Biden has bragged publicly about threatening to withhold money from Ukraine in order to force the prosecutor's termination, but he claims it was due to suspicions of corruption, not because of his son's role with Burisma.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Former Secretary of State John Kerry, who recently endorsed Biden for president, also claimed following a Biden campaign event Sunday that he "had no knowledge" of Hunter's involvement with Burisma while he was secretary.

This, despite Kerry's stepson Christopher Heinz reportedly notifying two of Kerry's aides after Hunter Biden became a Burisma board member. Heinz and Hunter Biden had been business partners, co-owning the private equity firm Rosemont Seneca. According to the Washington Examiner, an email from Heinz to Kerry's aides distanced Heinz from Burisma, saying "there was no investment by our firm in their company," and claiming ignorance as to why Hunter became involved in the Ukrainian firm.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

This is  such  bullcrap.   I have been following the story for  months.    Early  on I  have read  that the staffers  were freaking out about the   massive  conflict of  interest  going  on  with the   Vice Presidents and Burisma.

Yep, Biden is digging himself quite the hole considering Schiff's own witnesses testified that the Obama administration had grave concerns about the conflict of interest regarding Hunter being appointed to the board of directors of Burisma....

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Whitemajikman said:

Yep, Biden is digging himself quite the hole considering Schiff's own witnesses testified that the Obama administration had grave concerns about the conflict of interest regarding Hunter being appointed to the board of directors of Burisma....

 

 

 

 

Oh  yeah,  it was  just  nuts.

 

The whole  administration was trying to "get a piece of the action" in any way  possible.   They  saw how  Hillry and Bill were raking  it in  with the   influence peddling in the  Foundation.

 

Biden  saw a chance to sell influence to  the  struggling  Ukraine and  found a way to  launder the  aid coming in  from the USA by filtering some back out to  himself through  his son.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

Oh  yeah,  it was  just  nuts.

 

The whole  administration was trying to "get a piece of the action" in any way  possible.   They  saw how  Hillry and Bill were raking  it in  with the   influence peddling in the  Foundation.

 

Biden  saw a chance to sell influence to  the  struggling  Ukraine and  found a way to  launder the  aid coming in  from the USA by filtering some back out to  himself through  his son.

And Kerry's son also....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

This is  such  bullcrap.   I have been following the story for  months.    Early  on I  have read  that the staffers  were freaking out about the   massive  conflict of  interest  going  on  with the   Vice Presidents and Burisma.

Keep in mind...Joe's audience is NOT made up of critically thinking people.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Whitemajikman said:

And Kerry's son also....

 

and Paul Pelosi

 

 

Then you start to see the  reason for the   impeachment.    Trump was getting too close.

 

You can  imagine  what they say to  people who are too weak to stand up.  (see Jeff Sessions)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

 

and Paul Pelosi

 

 

Then you start to see the  reason for the   impeachment.    Trump was getting too close.

 

You can  imagine  what they say to  people who are too weak to stand up.  (see Jeff Sessions)

Yep, Trump scrutinizing the Corruption of the Ukraine brought on by the Obama administration has them shytting their shorts....

Because not only is there the Biden angle but also the Coup Nuland backed which sparked the false notion of Russian aggression on NATO's borders and lead to the Russian collusion hoax .....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

Yep, Trump scrutinizing the Corruption of the Ukraine brought on by the Obama administration has them shytting their shorts....

Because not only is there the Biden angle but also the Coup Nuland backed which sparked the false notion of Russian aggression on NATO's borders and lead to the Russian collusion hoax .....

 

 

It is all related, I agree.   Nuland,  Rice, Powers

 

 

Hillary did  say that if she  lost they would  all hang,   did  you ever hear that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...