'Anthony Hopkins on Why He Doesn't Talk About Politics: 'Actors Are Pretty Stupid'

"In a conversation with fellow actor Brad Pitt for a lengthy chat for Interview magazine, Anthony Hopkins explained why he seldom -- actually: never -- talks about politics... and why he's not a big fan of other actors talking about politics either. In short: "Actors are pretty stupid."

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/anthony-hopkins-on-why-he-doesnt-talk-about-politics-actors-are-pretty-stupid/

Just now, personreal said:

"In a conversation with fellow actor Brad Pitt for a lengthy chat for Interview magazine, Anthony Hopkins explained why he seldom -- actually: never -- talks about politics... and why he's not a big fan of other actors talking about politics either. In short: "Actors are pretty stupid."

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/anthony-hopkins-on-why-he-doesnt-talk-about-politics-actors-are-pretty-stupid/

It makes one wonder why people put so much stock in what actors say.....

Considering that they ...lie for a living.....and that most of them are out of touch with society in general .....

3 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

Considering that they ...lie for a living.....and that most of them are out of touch with society in general .....

Agreed...I always liked the line, "Shut up and sing".  

Relying on entertainment for anything else but entertainment is a problem for some people.

35 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

"I'm a liberal professor, and my liberal students terrify me"

"Things have changed since I started teaching. The vibe is different. I wish there were a less blunt way to put this, but my students sometimes scare me — particularly the liberal ones."

https://www.vox.com/2015/6/3/8706323/college-professor-afraid

Just now, personreal said:

Agreed...I always liked the line, "Shut up and sing".  

Relying on entertainment for anything else but entertainment is a problem for some people.

Take for example alyssa milano whose net worth is 45 million and has lived in a gated community most of her life ....

How can she possibly with a straight face claim she is in touch with the common man/woman....

She can't but she does ....

3 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

Take for example alyssa milano whose net worth is 45 million and has lived in a gated community most of her life ....

How can she possibly with a straight face claim she is in touch with the common man/woman....

She can't but she does ....

Yep

Like Rosie O'Donnell calling for gun control, then she directed her body guard to get a gun to protect her and her family.

Just now, Deadric said:

They did that at the Oscars a year or two ago. Called for a ban on “assault weapons”, while guards there were photographed wielding “assault weapons”.

I haven't watched the Oscars since it became a partisan political circle jerk.....

Same with SNL....

19 minutes ago, Deadric said:

They did that at the Oscars a year or two ago. Called for a ban on “assault weapons”, while guards there were photographed wielding “assault weapons”.

That's different...they are special. We're only the little people.

3 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

Hopkins is also a recovering alcoholic. there are tapes of him talking on and on about recovery. He is an interesting fellow 

Alcoholism is an addiction: Churchill does not seem to ever have recovered. He was drunk most of the time.

Interesting fact: Churchill wore pink satin underpants. He bought them on credit and often delayed paying for them.

3 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

Hopkins is also a recovering alcoholic. there are tapes of him talking on and on about recovery. He is an interesting fellow 

My (then future) wife and I had the opportunity to speak with Anthony Hopkins at the Academy Award show in 1992.

We let him know we were pulling for him (and he won an well-deserved Oscar later that evening for Silence of the Lambs).

He was very charming and open. 

Bill

3 hours ago, Deadric said:

FLASH! The people responsible for security at the Oscars were not the same people who made these statements.

So calling this hypocrisy is just dumb. I imagine that the weapons the guards carried would not be defined as "assault weapons" by most of the right wingers in this forum.