The Democratic Party Confronts The Chaos Vote

Image result for washington d.c. on fire"

Disaffected cons want to bring about the collapse of a system that they can no longer control. They are becoming harbingers of chaos.

Scientists have discovered a syndrome spreading among young male conservatives. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/democratic-party-chaos-vote_n_5de95ab6e4b0913e6f8d3d5e

(Full article at above link)

A specter is haunting democracy ― the specter of chaos.

It is spreading from a decidedly ordered source: young disaffected conservative males. The American Political Science Association uncovered the emergence of a new “psychological syndrome”. This phenomenon, which the authors ominously dubbed a “Need for Chaos,” is disrupting politics not only in the United States but also in other “advanced Democracies.” 

This new Chaos Voter Theory is quickly hardening into conventional wisdom in the American political discourse, its findings deemed essential to understanding the motivations of Trump voters.

Lies, conspiracy theories, reality labeled as 'fake news'  people who 'believe' these things don’t really care if they’re true. Posting them is instead an act of political defiance directed broadly at “elites,” and the chief motivation is not to illuminate the masses but to damage those overlords. While this syndrome is more prevalent in conservatives, this defiance does cross partisan boundaries. It is about expressing anger.  The main purpose is to disrupt. The researchers also found a strong correlation between those who share hostile political rumors and those who support what they call “violent activism”  and a “Need for Chaos.”

Researchers asked people whether they agreed with these eight apocalyptic statements: 

1. “I get a kick when natural disasters strike in foreign countries” 

2. “I fantasize about a natural disaster wiping out most of humanity such that a small group of people can start all over”  

3. “I need chaos around me ― it is too boring if nothing is going on” 

4. “Sometimes I just feel like destroying beautiful things”

5. “There is no right and wrong in the world” 

6. “I think society should be burned to the ground” 

7. “When I think about our political and social institutions, I cannot help thinking “just let them all burn” 

8. “We cannot fix the problems in our social institutions, we need to tear them down and start over.”

The study’s most startling conclusion is that this is not a lunatic fringe. According to the study, 40% of Americans are sympathetic to the expressions about letting political institutions “all burn” and to “tear them down and start over.”  The authors thus conclude democracy is in peril: “We suggest that these chaotic motivations go beyond traditional forms of democratic discontent such as political cynicism and populism,” they write. “Instead, they are potentially more akin to precursors of the sentiments associated with radicalism” ― and by “radicalism” they mean violent riots. Social media insanity, they conclude, is not unlike the word-of-mouth rumors that swirled ahead of ethnic cleansing in Rwanda and the Balkans. The threat of fascism and genocide in this country is very real.  

Image result for chimpanzee maga hat"

Clearly, less evolved and with a natural inclination towards violence, these animals pose a very real threat to our republic.