EltonJohnson

"See You In The Senate" -- President Trump

16 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

As “presiding officer”.   Try actually reading the link or one of numerous other resources.

Got it, you are completely ignorant of the role of a presiding judge in a courtroom. 

enjoy your cluelessness. 

3 minutes ago, theLion said:

Got it, you are completely ignorant of the role of a presiding judge in a courtroom. 

enjoy your cluelessness. 

DOA IN THE SENATE

23 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Trump threatens to have Schiff, Bidens, Pelosi testify in Senate trial as he dares House to impeach

Republicans hold the majority in the Senate and Trump allies hold chairmanships on key committees, with many of them signaling their interest in exploring issues that House Democrats glossed over during their hearings — such as the Bidens’ business dealings in Ukraine and alleged Ukraine interference in the 2016 presidential election.

But despite his threats, the president does not, alone, have the power to call witnesses to testify in those proceedings. In the Senate trial, three separate parties have input to how it will play out: Senate Republicans, Senate Democrats and the White House.

Elton thinks Trump will show up to testify at the Senate hearings?!?!!?!??!?!?!  hahaha3.gif

6 minutes ago, theLion said:

enjoy your cluelessness. 

From the link I provided;

Critically, and contrary to common mythology and parlance, the chief justice is not the “judge” in an impeachment trial. The Senate itself is both judge and trier of fact, and the chief justice serves as its presiding officer. The rules thus require the chief justice to direct “all forms of the proceedings” (Rule 7) and, in so doing, “to make and issue all orders, mandates, writs, and precepts authorized by the rules” (Rule 5).

Importantly, the chief justice may rule on questions of evidence—including, but not limited to, questions of relevancy, materiality, and redundancy of evidence and incidental questions (Rule 7). But the chief justice does not have to play this role, and he is not the final word on matters when he does. Should he decide that he wants to rule on a particular question, his ruling stands as the judgment of the Senate (Rule 7) unless a senator seeks a vote on the question—“in which case it shall be submitted to the Senate for decision without debate.” Should the chief justice not want to rule on an evidentiary question, he can simply submit it to a vote in the first instance (Rule 7). Upon all these questions, the vote must be taken “in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Senate” (Rule 7).

22 hours ago, leftwinger said:

not even possible

Re-election isn't possible?

Just now, leftwinger said:

Not for an impeached President. Of course not.

lmfao, he will not be removed from office

Not for an impeached President. Of course not.

An impeached president can be re-elected. You mean a president removed from office?

Just now, kking said:

An impeached president can be re-elected. You mean a president removed from office?

Legally he can run. I meant our nation is not fukked up enough to elect this criminal. 

Legally he can run. I meant our nation is not fukked up enough to elect this criminal. 

where is the evidence that he is a criminal?

They elected him when they thought he was just a sleazy, obnoxious billionaire...I don't think you're correctly gauging the pulse of the silent majority. 

Just now, kking said:

They elected him when they thought he was just a sleazy, obnoxious billionaire...I don't think you're correctly gauging the pulse of the silent majority. 

I am correct. You folk still pretend Trump is not being impeached.

I am correct. You folk still pretend Trump is not being impeached.

I'm only speaking for myself, but I feel that impeachment is a certainty and acquittal in the senate is almost a certainty. Re-election under this scenario seems moderately likely. 

Just now, kking said:

I'm only speaking for myself, but I feel that impeachment is a certainty and acquittal in the senate is almost a certainty. Re-election under this scenario seems moderately likely. 

Uh huh. Don't agree.

2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Uh huh. Don't agree.

You think senate removes him?

1 hour ago, BatteryPowered said:

As “presiding officer”.   Try actually reading the link or one of numerous other resources.

44 minutes ago, theLion said:

enjoy your cluelessness. 

Here fellas: a pertinent excerpt from the article.

Critically, and contrary to common mythology and parlance, the chief justice is not the “judge” in an impeachment trial. The Senate itself is both judge and trier of fact, and the chief justice serves as its presiding officer. The rules thus require the chief justice to direct “all forms of the proceedings” (Rule 7) and, in so doing, “to make and issue all orders, mandates, writs, and precepts authorized by the rules” (Rule 5).

2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Remains to be seen. House has not even introduced the articles.

But you're saying even if he's not removed, he still won't be re-elected in 2020?

Just now, kking said:

But you're saying even if he's not removed, he still won't be re-elected in 2020?

ask 80 more times and get the same answer

23 hours ago, leftwinger said:

Trump is on his way to being removed from office.

Youre an idiot if you think a republican majority senate will remove Trump.  Even when you win, you lose......HA🤣

Chomsky ( a smart liberal)

says impeachment ensures Trump is re-elected

Impeachment makes him a VICTIM....perfect campaigning material for middle America 

:lol:

5 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Remains to be seen. House has not even introduced the articles.

There are no legitemate. articles.  They arent going to include anything new that we haven already seen from these bogus hearings.  They have nothing.  And even though they are grasping for straws because they have nothing, the house democrats dont care because they are still angry from 2016.  

4 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

ask 80 more times and get the same answer

I wonder what impeachment shams you will come up with once trump wins 2020.  Only a matter of time😅😂🤣