Pelosi Says House Will Begin Drafting Impeachment Charges Against Trump

WASHINGTON — Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Thursday that the House of Representatives would begin drafting impeachment articles against President Trump, pushing ahead with a rapid timetable that could set the stage for a vote before Christmas to charge him with high crimes and misdemeanors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/05/us/politics/pelosi-impeachment.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, leftwinger said:

WASHINGTON — Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Thursday that the House of Representatives would begin drafting impeachment articles against President Trump, pushing ahead with a rapid timetable that could set the stage for a vote before Christmas to charge him with high crimes and misdemeanors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/05/us/politics/pelosi-impeachment.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Pelosi,  "What was I thinking?"    LOL

Image result for painted into corner gif"

Pelosi asks committee chairs to proceed with articles of impeachment

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that President Trump’s wrongdoing strikes at the heart of the Constitution and asked House committee chairs to proceed with articles of impeachment, saying lawmakers have “no choice but to act.”

Her address, in which she invoked principles espoused by the nation’s founders, came shortly after Trump went on Twitter to urge House Democrats to impeach him quickly, if they plan to do it, and suggested he would call an expansive list of witnesses during a trial in the Republican-led Senate

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry-live-updates/2019/12/05/af436c7a-174b-11ea-9110-3b34ce1d92b1_story.html

Read Nancy Pelosi’s Remarks on Articles of Impeachment

SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI: Good morning.

Let us begin where our founders began in 1776. When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another. With those words, our founders courageously began our Declaration of Independence from an oppressive monarch, for among other grievances the king’s refusal to follow rightfully passed laws.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/05/us/politics/pelosi-impeachment-trump.html

Pelosi: 

"In the course of today’s events, it becomes necessary for us to address, among other grievances, the president’s failure to faithfully execute the law. When crafting the Constitution, the founders feared the return of a monarchy in America. And having just fought a war of independence, they specifically feared the prospect of a king-president corrupted by foreign influence."

5 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Happy Day! I knew they would impeach the Criminal President. Hopefully we can remove him from office.

Yawn. So basically she realized they have nothing else so they want to get it over with. They may vote to impeach trumpy but it will DIE in the Senate. The dim-0-craps little dog and pony show sham of a treasonoius coupr attempt has ensured a trumpy landslide  come Nov 2020.

If they couldn't impeach and remove "the Gipper" for Iran-Contra, I'm guessing they can't impeach Trump for this.  I know Trump is a fool, but Iran-Contra was inarguably a far more egregious offense than Trump's behavior.  They embezzled billions of dollars and routed it around the globe into the hands of people they were explicitly prohibited from helping.  Seriously bad people.  Then they pardoned everyone involved and told us all it wasn't a problem, because, hey, the executive is supposed to have nearly unlimited power to do whatever they think is necessary...

I hope they impeach Trump, and remove him from office.  And I hope they impeach anyone who does anything like this going forward.  History is watching?  We must be careful, the GOP tells us?  Damn right.  I don't care about one President or member of Congress who may be impeached.  The precedent I don't want to set is that it's basically impossible to impeach anyone.  THAT is what we should be afraid of, and that's where we are right now.

"The president’s actions have seriously violated the constitution, especially when he says and acts upon the belief “Article 2 says I can do whatever I want.” No. His wrongdoing strikes at the very heart of our constitution. A separation of powers, three co-equal branches, each a check and balance on the other. A republic, if we can keep it, said Benjamin Franklin.

Our democracy is what is at stake. The president leaves us no choice but to act because he is trying to corrupt, once again, the election for his own benefit. The president has engaged in abuse of power undermining our national security and jeopardizing the integrity of our elections."

26 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Begin?

LOL!

1 hour ago, leftwinger said:

Huh? They are impeaching Trump.

Okay, yes, you're right, of course.  They will impeach him, almost certainly.  But they won't remove him.  Reagan and crew stole billions and told us it was for our own good, oh, and also that they "don't recall" much of anything if memory serves.  That was worse than this, and literally nothing happened.

I'll check back after they've voted for the impeachment, and that will be a milestone.  And then the Senate will acquit him, and that will be a milestone. And all of this bullsh!t in between will be nothing I need concern myself with.

This is historic. Trump will be the third president to be impeached. 

Andrew Johnson for trying to fire the Secretary of War. 
Bill Clinton for not disclosing a blowjob to Kenneth Starr.
Donald Trump for a series of crimes including abuse of office and bribery.

5 minutes ago, slideman said:

As I have pointed out before , Nancy is a master tactician. It would not surprise me to learn she has had some private conversations with Republican Senators.

I agree. She always seems to be a step or two ahead of her opponents in these matters. 

2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

COOL AND SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!

Seeing that PRESIDENT TRUMP is going to be COMPLETELY FOUND NOT GUILTY IN THE SENATE and REPUBLICANS can then get on with KICKING YOUR SCHITSTAINS THAT VOTED FOR IT IN THOSE SWING DISTRICTS COMPLETELY TO THE CURB AND DOWN THE SEWER!!!

God, this is going to be MORE FUN than you can imagine!!!

Your little "impeachment COUP" is going to kick your OWN ASS more than you realize!!!

As they say......

"Be CAREFUL what you wish for"!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

2 hours ago, splunch said:

If they couldn't impeach and remove "the Gipper" for Iran-Contra, I'm guessing they can't impeach Trump for this.  I know Trump is a fool, but Iran-Contra was inarguably a far more egregious offense than Trump's behavior.  They embezzled billions of dollars and routed it around the globe into the hands of people they were explicitly prohibited from helping.  Seriously bad people.  Then they pardoned everyone involved and told us all it wasn't a problem, because, hey, the executive is supposed to have nearly unlimited power to do whatever they think is necessary...

I hope they impeach Trump, and remove him from office.  And I hope they impeach anyone who does anything like this going forward.  History is watching?  We must be careful, the GOP tells us?  Damn right.  I don't care about one President or member of Congress who may be impeached.  The precedent I don't want to set is that it's basically impossible to impeach anyone.  THAT is what we should be afraid of, and that's where we are right now.

I don't disagree with you. This makes a lot of sense.

Reagan was a skilled actor. he fooled most of the people, most of the time. Trumps; fan base is far smaller  and his image is not at all like Reagan's.