Sign in to follow this  
impartialobserver

House passes bill to reduce robocalls

10 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/24/20707147/house-robocalls-ftc-stopping-bad-traced-act-approval

The source is questionable but still I would think that this is something that most can get behind. 

Absolutely.  I don't see it working since most phone systems are VOIP and trunks can be installed everywhere.  I would love to see those scum out of work.  

I get this same robocall thanking me for my excellent management of my Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card  and tells me that I can get lower rates and this is the LAST chance I will have. The same call at least three times a week, occasionally  twice within the same hour. I have tried to tell them to take my name off their sucker list, blown and airhorn into the receiver, and recited German poetry to them, but they keep calling.

38 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Absolutely.  I don't see it working since most phone systems are VOIP and trunks can be installed everywhere.  I would love to see those scum out of work.  

You are probably correct. However, nothing against wishful thinking. 

You do realize that robocalls are the only calls people like Personreal and MidnightMax get? 

12 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

I get this same robocall thanking me for my excellent management of my Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card  and tells me that I can get lower rates and this is the LAST chance I will have. The same call at least three times a week, occasionally  twice within the same hour. I have tried to tell them to take my name off their sucker list, blown and airhorn into the receiver, and recited German poetry to them, but they keep calling.

Airhorn is a nice touch.  Evil but effective.