Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Kid Rock's restaurant to close following concert video mocking Oprah Winfrey

Image result for Kid Rock's Little Caesars Arena restaurant to close; decision follows controversial video

I've always disliked this piece of trash. The epitome of a no class deplorable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/kid-rocks-little-caesars-arena-restaurant-to-close-decision-follows-controversial-video/ar-BBXKlLi?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

One of the signature restaurants at Little Caesars Arena will no longer bear Kid Rock's name.

Ilitch Holdings announced early Wednesday that the musician has " has decided not to renew " his lease due to the recent backlash.

The announcement comes days after the emergence of a video in which Kid Rock, onstage at his Nashville stage and apparently drunk, directed a graphic rant toward Oprah Winfrey. 

“We have been in contact with Kid Rock," Granger's statement read. "He has voluntarily decided not to renew his licensing agreement for the Kid Rock’s Made in Detroit restaurant which comes up for renewal in April. We are in the business of amazing and inspiring our fans and guests through an incredible array of world-class sporting and live entertainment events. As our venues are open, inviting, inclusive, and respectful to all, we look forward to bringing on an exciting new concept that aligns with our community and company values.”

The Made in Detroit restaurant features rock- and Southern-themed food offerings, along with the array of Kid Rock memorabilia. The concept is an extension of Rock's Made in Detroit merchandise brand, which he purchased in 2005.

The restaurant, which occupies a premium, high-profile spot on LCA's Woodward-facing side, was the target of protests when the arena opened with six Kid Rock concerts in September 2017. Demonstrators led by the Michigan National Action Network (NAN) blasted the selection of Rock as arena opener, citing his past use of the Confederate flag and other controversial conduct.

About a dozen NAN supporters gathered Wednesday across from the restaurant for a previously announced media event to address the recent Kid Rock footage and denounce his disparagement of Winfrey.

The Rev. Charles Williams II, local NAN president, said he was "calling on the Ilitches" to turn the Made in Detroit space into a minority-owned restaurant — "specifically black-owned," he said.

Williams said the group was gathered Wednesday to "send a clear-cut message, and this is: Thank you and see you later, Kid Rock," later adding, "good riddance."

Earlier Wednesday, Rock confirmed the non-renewal of his LCA agreement. Writing on Facebook, he touted his record of financial support for various Detroit groups and declared that "trying to label me racist is a joke. I guess the millions of dollars I pumped into that town was not enough," he wrote. "I will let the NAN network and others go ahead and take the wheel now. Good luck."

In Nov. 2018, Rock, a vocal Trump supporter, lashed out at liberal firebrand Joy Behar on "Fox and Friends." The insult cost him the grand marshal's position at Nashville's Christmas Parade.

Image result for Kid Rock's Little Caesars Arena restaurant to close; decision follows controversial video

A surprisingly diverse group of patrons. NOT.

12 minutes ago, drvoke said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/kid-rocks-little-caesars-arena-restaurant-to-close-decision-follows-controversial-video/ar-BBXKlLi?ocid=spartanntp

One of the signature restaurants at Little Caesars Arena will no longer bear Kid Rock's name.

Ilitch Holdings announced early Wednesday that the musician has " has decided not to renew " his lease due to the recent backlash.

The announcement comes days after the emergence of a video in which Kid Rock, onstage at his Nashville stage and apparently drunk, directed a graphic rant toward Oprah Winfrey. 

“We have been in contact with Kid Rock," Granger's statement read. "He has voluntarily decided not to renew his licensing agreement for the Kid Rock’s Made in Detroit restaurant which comes up for renewal in April. We are in the business of amazing and inspiring our fans and guests through an incredible array of world-class sporting and live entertainment events. As our venues are open, inviting, inclusive, and respectful to all, we look forward to bringing on an exciting new concept that aligns with our community and company values.”

The Made in Detroit restaurant features rock- and Southern-themed food offerings, along with the array of Kid Rock memorabilia. The concept is an extension of Rock's Made in Detroit merchandise brand, which he purchased in 2005.

The restaurant, which occupies a premium, high-profile spot on LCA's Woodward-facing side, was the target of protests when the arena opened with six Kid Rock concerts in September 2017. Demonstrators led by the Michigan National Action Network (NAN) blasted the selection of Rock as arena opener, citing his past use of the Confederate flag and other controversial conduct.

About a dozen NAN supporters gathered Wednesday across from the restaurant for a previously announced media event to address the recent Kid Rock footage and denounce his disparagement of Winfrey.

The Rev. Charles Williams II, local NAN president, said he was "calling on the Ilitches" to turn the Made in Detroit space into a minority-owned restaurant — "specifically black-owned," he said.

Williams said the group was gathered Wednesday to "send a clear-cut message, and this is: Thank you and see you later, Kid Rock," later adding, "good riddance."

Earlier Wednesday, Rock confirmed the non-renewal of his LCA agreement. Writing on Facebook, he touted his record of financial support for various Detroit groups and declared that "trying to label me racist is a joke. I guess the millions of dollars I pumped into that town was not enough," he wrote. "I will let the NAN network and others go ahead and take the wheel now. Good luck."

In Nov. 2018, Rock, a vocal Trump supporter, lashed out at liberal firebrand Joy Behar on "Fox and Friends." The insult cost him the grand marshal's position at Nashville's Christmas Parade.

Diversity dilutes.

lol. gee. i bet kid rock is heartbroken over this. he's probably wiping his tears with $100 bills right now as we speak. ha ha

4 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

What's not to like about Oprah?  :huh:  She's a kind and generous person.

She's not THAT generous she still has nearly Three Billion dollars.

5 minutes ago, Hankk said:

She's not THAT generous she still has nearly Three Billion dollars.

She's extremely generous.  Kid Rock is a douchebag.

11 minutes ago, lewstherin said:

lol. gee. i bet kid rock is heartbroken over this. he's probably wiping his tears with $100 bills right now as we speak. ha ha

He's a loser.  

2 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

She's extremely generous.  Kid Rock is a douchebag.

all billionaires can be easily construed as "generous" given the right lens. kind of like donald trump? remember him getting an award with rosa parks

smiling beside him for all his "generous" contributions to the black community in NYC? or does $hit like that fly over your pay grade?

56 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Shut your whore mouth. He was great in Joe Dirt.

2 minutes ago, kfools said:

Shut your whore mouth. He was great in Joe Dirt.

I can't tell if you're joking. I never saw it. It has 11% with movie critics but a 63% favorable audience score. I usually - but not always- lean towards the critics.