WillFranklin

Liberal Image And Meme Archive

2 hours ago, bludog said:

1956republican.jpg

Ok this has definitely caught me off guard, not too surprised but I'm sure the deplorables in NHB will reject this as fact. The fact they love to bash the Democrat party for its defense of slavery 160 years ago and claim it still sticks is ridiculous and hypocritical. You ought to post this in a thread in NHB and watch the stupid idiots react.

5 hours ago, fourputt said:

I'm sure the deplorables in NHB will reject this as fact. The fact they love to bash the Democrat party for its defense of slavery 160 years ago and claim it still sticks is ridiculous and hypocritical.

Yup.  The 1956 Republican platform was promulgated under the leadership of the great Dwight D. Eisenhower ...  Just 64 years ago ...  Two and a half times closer to the present than the pro-slavery Democratic party of 1860;  And as different from the Democratic Party today as Eisenhower's Republican Party was from today's Republicans, a much shorter time ago.

Edited by bludog
Edited to correct math

2 hours ago, bludog said:

Yup.  The 1956 Republican platform was promulgated under the leadership of the great Dwight D. Eisenhower ...  Just 44 years ago ...  Three and a half times closer to the present than the pro-slavery Democratic party of 1860;  And as different from the Democratic Party today as Eisenhower's Republican Party was from today's Republicans, a much shorter time ago.

I remember 1976 and the transition period.

Pic of the Moment

Listen to what he says in October folks !  If he's still around.