Vegas

Libs, why do you ignore all the examples about how guns saved lives?

2 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Which  of which all are far more survivable.

People understand how to kill themselves with a gun.

They tend to suck at hanging themselves poisoning themselves or bleeding themselves to death. They also often can -- and do-- change their minds when they choose these methods.

They can induce vomiting, slip out of a noose, bandage a wrist.

They are far less successful at unshooting a gun.

Just try it, I dare you.

You clearly missed the point. Also, writing in large fonts and in bold does nothing to reinforce your point. 

2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Some issues, I lean right and some I lean left. However, on this one I am always amazed at how they only focus on the most extreme cases. They also conveniently forget that random, mass shootings are a relatively recent phenomenon. Why not think about/analyze why these were rare (if not nonexistent) in 1977 or 1987 (just as examples). 

Good question. I dont know. 

14 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Some issues, I lean right and some I lean left. However, on this one I am always amazed at how they only focus on the most extreme cases. They also conveniently forget that random, mass shootings are a relatively recent phenomenon. Why not think about/analyze why these were rare (if not nonexistent) in 1977 or 1987 (just as examples). 

I'm more amazed by how guns have become such sacred cows.  I don't support banning guns but I don't see how we can talk about gun violence without actually saying the word "gun."  

Just now, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I'm also bothered that the 2nd leading cause of death for children is still firearms.  Vaping started killing people and action was taken right away.   

You are bothered by everything. You and your obsession with school shootings is beyond bizarre 

8 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I'm also bothered that the 2nd leading cause of death for children is still firearms.  Vaping started killing people and action was taken right away.   

Where is your knee-jerk campaign against automobiles?

That one should be a slam-dunk.

...because you don't have one of these for your automobile,

do you...?

Second-_Amendment--620x358.jpg

1 minute ago, Blue Devil said:

Where is your knee-jerk campaign against automobiles?

That one should be a slam-dunk.

...because you don't have one of these for your automobile,

do you...?

Second-_Amendment--620x358.jpg

THat is why I am PRO BMW.. very safe 

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

THat is why I am PRO BMW.. very safe 

Automobiles - are the elephant in the room.

The Libs ignore them - because they make their own gun-protected lives... happier.

...While they vilify the very firearms that keep them safe, and defend their liberty to own and operate automobiles in the first place.

And Safety - is good.

All my firearms have safeties... that should be enough for the Leftists.

1 minute ago, Blue Devil said:

Automobiles - are the elephant in the room.

The Libs ignore them - because they make their own gun-protected lives... happier.

...While they vilify the very firearms that keep them safe, and defend their liberty to own and operate automobiles in the first place.

And Safety - is good.

All my firearms have safeties... that should be enough for the Leftists.

i had to get a safety off a gun once. Well, I helped someone do it. Drilled right through the lock easy breezy 

44 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I'm more amazed by how guns have become such sacred cows.  I don't support banning guns but I don't see how we can talk about gun violence without actually saying the word "gun."  

Who is keeping you from saying the word gun? 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, slideman said:

You are much more likely to use the gun on yourself then you are to use it on an assailant that is just a fact

Well done, slideman. 

Fewer guns means fewer gun deaths, esp. suicides. 

Very few lives have been saved by having a gun. Millions have been lost because people possess them.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the same people who failed to recognize Trump's flaws also fail to recognize that

guns facilitate death.  This ain't rocket science. 

4 minutes ago, Scout said:

You are much more likely to use the gun on yourself then you are to use it on an assailant that is just a fact

Are you really that fukking stupid?

Back that claim up with facts...

13 hours ago, Vegas said:

Good question. I dont know. 

Think about how life is different today than it was in 1977 (just as an example). No internet, no social media, no nearly infinite access to information. So much easier to get one's opinion out there. In 1977, one wrote letters to the editor and mailed it to someone with no guarantee that the letter would be published. Also, with no online sales it was very difficult to remain anonymous when purchasing large amounts of firearms, ingredients for explosives, etc. 

7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Think about how life is different today than it was in 1977 (just as an example). No internet, no social media, no nearly infinite access to information. So much easier to get one's opinion out there. In 1977, one wrote letters to the editor and mailed it to someone with no guarantee that the letter would be published. Also, with no online sales it was very difficult to remain anonymous when purchasing large amounts of firearms, ingredients for explosives, etc. 

Yes, but Columbine happened before the internet.  That was one of the first mass school shootings. However, I dont disagree overall.  Online stuff and iphones have certainly tore a rift in our social interactions.  

2 hours ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Lets think about how we differ on the necessity of them. Some (you and I) do not view them as necessary to life. Possibly helpful but not necessary. If we stop there, if something is helpful but not necessary then it relegates those worship at the altar of guns to hobbyists and paranoid warmongers. If guns are helpful much like tools, concrete, diagnostic testing machines for a car, lumber, etc. than their crusade of righteousness falls flat. They view themselves as the last bastions of courage ready to wage war. War against whom is a question that they can't and won't answer. 

I oppose most gun laws because I am not convinced that they achieve the intended goals.. stop senseless, random, mass shootings. All they do is make life more difficult to law abiding, responsible gun owners.

6 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Yes, but Columbine happened before the internet.  That was one of the first mass school shootings. However, I dont disagree overall.  Online stuff and iphones have certainly tore a rift in our social interactions.  

It may have predated widespread internet but there was internet service by Prodigy and AOL. At the time of Columbine, digital technology was starting to seep in and make information more widespread. 

7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

It may have predated widespread internet but there was internet service by Prodigy and AOL. At the time of Columbine, digital technology was starting to seep in and make information more widespread. 

The documentaries that i have seen of Columbine didnt say that the shooters really viewed online stuff. But i could be wrong. 

6 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

i had to get a safety off a gun once. Well, I helped someone do it. Drilled right through the lock easy breezy 

That would be a lock.

21 hours ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Or talk about race.

Just now, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Stats show that white people tend to kill other white people and black people tend to kill black people.

Stats show that 6 percent of the population is responsible for 48 percent of the murders. 

13 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I have a thread of offended gun owners trying very hard to distract from the discussion of gun violence.  

Not from me. Let's talk about gun violence.