Your Best Thanksgiving Dinner Plate ! (post here)

Good evening ladies and gentleman.  Id like to know what is the best Thanksgiving dinner you can come up with.  I have mines right here. 

How about some fried turkey,  jumbo shrimp,  yellow chicken flavored rice,  sweet peas, candied yams,  string beans,  cinnamon rolls,  buttermilk cornbread,  ham,

pecan pie and some stuffing of course.  What is your best dinner plate.  List it below right here. 

We prefer the "traditional" Thanksgiving meal...turkey (occasionally smoked, usually baked), cornbread dressing, green beans, corn on the cob, a cranberry salad, a sweet potato dish, deviled eggs and pumpkin pie for desert.  We occasionally will add potato salad and spiced peaches.

25 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

We prefer the "traditional" Thanksgiving meal...turkey (occasionally smoked, usually baked), cornbread dressing, green beans, corn on the cob, a cranberry salad, a sweet potato dish, deviled eggs and pumpkin pie for desert.  We occasionally will add potato salad and spiced peaches.

25 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

19 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Thats all ? 

11 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

That's all we need.  Why waste food and the time needed to prepare it?  Holidays are about spending time with people and enjoying their company.

No fried turkey ? No pecan pie ? 

2 minutes ago, zarus said:

No fried turkey ? No pecan pie ? 

No to fried turkey...it's my least favorite way to prepare it.  Much prefer smoked or from the oven (roaster actually).  Pecan pie is good...but pretty far down the list of favorite pies.  And this year, the pumpkin pie is being replaced with a made-from-scratch pumpkin cheesecake.  Considering adding an apple pie this year simply because we have some apples that need to be used.

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

No to fried turkey...it's my least favorite way to prepare it.  Much prefer smoked or from the oven (roaster actually).  Pecan pie is good...but pretty far down the list of favorite pies.  And this year, the pumpkin pie is being replaced with a made-from-scratch pumpkin cheesecake.  Considering adding an apple pie this year simply because we have some apples that need to be used.

i make a great pumpkin roll. I am craving deviled eggs. I think I may make an entire batch and eat all of them.

8 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

i make a great pumpkin roll. I am craving deviled eggs. I think I may make an entire batch and eat all of them.

I am going to attempt a smoked pumpkin pie between now and Christmas.  Cut the pumpkin in half and smoke it till tender rather than bake it.  I stumbled across the recipe.  I have read reviews on several different recipes...and the are fairly evenly split between "taste fantastic" and "what a waste of good pumpkin".  Didn't want to risk a flop desert for Thanksgiving.

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

I am going to attempt a smoked pumpkin pie between now and Christmas.  Cut the pumpkin in half and smoke it till tender rather than bake it.  I stumbled across the recipe.  I have read reviews on several different recipes...and the are fairly evenly split between "taste fantastic" and "what a waste of good pumpkin".  Didn't want to risk a flop desert for Thanksgiving.

I am not sure about this one. just because you can smoke something doesn't mean you should 

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

I am not sure about this one. just because you can smoke something doesn't mean you should 

The small pumpkin was on sale.  Also have a smoked pumpkin soup recipe, but they only had one pumpkin.  A variation on the pie recipe is to prepare it normally, but cook it in a smoker to infuse the smoked flavor.

Image result for smoked pumpkin

23 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

You clearly are not Black ! LOL !