Liberalism Versus Conservatism

Teacher needs to read the article "Spiritual DNA" by Dr.joeb.     Highly intelligent creative people like Henry Ford believed that only reincarnation can explain how human life proceeds through a series of past lives.   Ford did not know how to prove his belief in reincarnation.   He just knew that it is the only theory that explains why some people like himself create a better life for all.   Ford made the automobile industry flourish in the early 1900s with his production line and inventive mechanical capability.   He was among the most important innovators that made the USA the greatest nation in history.    Ford said that he was no genius but one who had lived many lives that helped him to envision and build the auto industry.     Dr.joeb realizes, like Ford, that reincarnation is the only explanation for occurrences of child prodigies, too.    Dr. Ian Stevenson did many years of academic research studying the thousands of lives of children between the ages of 3 and 5 who remembered previous lives.   Probably, his most dramatic case was the case of an Indian girl named Swarnlata who remembered her previous life and convinced every one that she was the mother of grown up children of another family.   She was so convincing that she became a member of both of her families.    As a mother in the first family she died from a sudden illness.    Often it is found that sudden unexpected deaths results in people becoming ghosts.   Any one who has watched Amy and Adam investigate hauntings should be convinced that the spirit world is very much in touch with the physical world.    It appears that life on the other side is really about wave lengths of frequencies less than the size of an electron.   Spirits can communicate to the physical world at the level of frequencies less than or equal to the size of the electron.    It would be foolish to think that nothing is going on in the way of frequencies smaller than the electron.    The nature of our universe is to utilize all levels of possible waves.   We know that wavelengths of many sizes occur larger than the electron.   Why would we not suspect that wavelengths exist at lengths and frequencies smaller than the electron?      

2 hours ago, Five By Five said:

Nope..

JOURNAL ARTICLE

Exploring Value Compasses of Leaders in Organizations: Introducing Nine Spiritual Anchors

Fahri Karakas
Journal of Business Ethics
Vol. 93, Supplement 1: ABOUT GLOBAL LEADERSHIP AND GLOBAL ETHICS, AND A POSSIBLE MORAL COMPASS (2010), pp. 73-92

jstor.org sounds familiar

Dr.joeb is aware that there are many folks who understand the nature of how life works spiritually and physically.    Spiritual science is in the primitive early states.  Dr.joeb believes that we will eventually find a way to make at will communication with the spiritual side of the universe.    Keep in mind that 100 years ago claiming that frequencies could be transmitted by a small electronic devise from one side of the earth to the other via satellite would have gotten a one-way ticket to an insane asylum.       

1 hour ago, Five By Five said:

So do you care to share a link with us of as to what you want us to read?

Gary Zukav's   "Soul Stories".    Zukav gives the best explanation of how spirits occupy intelligent forms of life.   He views the soul as a data base like structure that stores all of the causes and effects experienced in a physical life and recorded in the soul for possible future reconciliation.    Some spiritual-minded writers refer to an entity known as the Akashic record.   This database includes everything that ever has happened.    It is an interesting concept and if true would make knowledge accessible in a grandiose infinite way to everyone.  

Boz Skaggs has not one of his numbers in my top 10.   But he is good anyway.   My top ten list of musical compositions is very restrictive.    

Here is a short list of the top ten that come to my mind at this moment.

She's Always A Woman To Me   (Billy Joel)

Yellow Brick Road (Elton John)

Total Eclipse of The Heart (many have done this one because it is great)

Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkle)

The House of Rising Sun  (done by Animals and a few others to include Dr.joeb)

Unchained Melody (Righteous Bros and others)

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, Dr. Joe B. said:

teacher needs to read the article "Spiritual DNA" by Dr.joeb.     

Or I could watch paint dry with a tooth ache while my Mother-in-law tells me how I'll never amount to anything.

1 hour ago, Dr. Joe B. said:

Boz Skaggs has not one of his numbers in my top 10.   But he is good anyway.   My top ten list of musical compositions is very restrictive.    

Here is a short list of the top ten that come to my mind at this moment.

She's Always A Woman To Me   (Billy Joel)

Yellow Brick Road (Elton John)

Total Eclipse of The Heart (many have done this one because it is great)

Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkle)

The House of Rising Sun  (done by Animals and a few others to include Dr.joeb)

Unchained Melody (Righteous Bros and others)

Additons to the list:    Forever Young  (Dylan original, Stewart did a version)    Positively 4th Street (Dylan)    How Does It Feel (Dylan)    Don't Think Twice Its Alright (Dylan)

Clearly, Dylan is Dr.joeb's favorite.     The Dylan's top 10 are all great poems.   Generally, to get in Dr.joeb's top list one has to have great lyrics (poetry).   Music background has to be of top quality.   Vocalists have to be totally understandable.    None of the songs use the word "baby".   Ray Charles was great and many of his songs from the early 50s used the word baby.   It is a hackneyed formula word that should NEVER be used in a lyrics.   Dylan never used that word once in any of his hundreds of songs.  The closest he came is in his song  "It Ain't Me Babe".     Admittedly there are lots of great artists who do not appear in Dr.joeb's top 10 lists.   For example, Ray Charles, Gary Puckett,  Sinatra, Bennett,......etc......

1 hour ago, teacher said:

Or I could watch paint dry with a tooth ache while my Mother-in-law tells me how I'll never amount to anything.

There is wisdom in mother-in-laws.    Dr.joeb had two great ones.   Both are deceased but have made an indelible impression in mind to this day.   

11 minutes ago, Dr. Joe B. said:

Additons to the list:    Forever Young  (Dylan original, Stewart did a version)    Positively 4th Street (Dylan)    How Does It Feel (Dylan)    Don't Think Twice Its Alright (Dylan)

Clearly, Dylan is Dr.joeb's favorite.     The Dylan's top 10 are all great poems.   Generally, to get in Dr.joeb's top list one has to have great lyrics (poetry).   Music background has to be of top quality.   Vocalists have to be totally understandable.    None of the songs use the word "baby".   Ray Charles was great and many of his songs from the early 50s used the word baby.   It is a hackneyed formula word that should NEVER be used in a lyrics.   Dylan never used that word once in any of his hundreds of songs.  The closest he came is in his song  "It Ain't Me Babe".     Admittedly there are lots of great artists who do not appear in Dr.joeb's top 10 lists.   For example, Ray Charles, Gary Puckett,  Sinatra, Bennett,......etc......

LOL. You are dead wrong.

Dylan used "baby' in many songs.

It's All Over Now Baby Blue

Baby, Stop Crying

Had A Dream About You, Baby

Something’s Burning, Baby

Someday Baby

Baby, I'm In The Mood For You

The Rod Steward song (I saw him sing the other day at the Hollywood Bowl) is a totally different song than Dylan's,  although Steward shared a writing credit for lifting the title "Forever Young.") 

Bill (lifelong Dylan fan)

4 hours ago, SpyCar said:

LOL. You are dead wrong.

Dylan used "baby' in many songs.

It's All Over Now Baby Blue

Baby, Stop Crying

Had A Dream About You, Baby

Something’s Burning, Baby

Someday Baby

Baby, I'm In The Mood For You

The Rod Steward song (I saw him sing the other day at the Hollywood Bowl) is a totally different song than Dylan's,  although Steward shared a writing credit for lifting the title "Forever Young.") 

Bill (lifelong Dylan fan)

Dylan's best works avoid the dreaded word.   It is so trite.   The first time that word is heard the song is dead.   Dr.joeb is a poet.   Poets hate trite anything.   Dylan wrote so many songs that it is doubtful anyone knows all of his compositions.   He seemed to avoid that word just like so many of the other good composers.    You don't earn a Nobel prize in literature by beating trite words to death like in so many horrible songs.    Songs with the word and lots of otherwise non-musical clatter going on in the background drowning out unintelligible words are the biggest turnoff of all.   Lots of young amateurish musical groups do just that.     Dylan probably used the dreaded word once in a song in a way where it is original and not repeated over and over again.    Steward gives Dylan credit.  And you are write his version is different and not any where near as good as Dylan's.   Dr.joeb bought Steward's version in sheet music.  He uses some of the musical moves, too, somewhat twisted out of shape.   Steward's version is not good.   But it is hard to adapt other's compositions to your style.   Steward has lots of his own good stuff.     Dr.joeb is a fan of Dylan, too, but not to the extent that he knows everyone of his compositions.   Dr.joeb just knows the best ones.   Dr.joeb should have qualified his statement about the word baby.    Dylan did most of his best stuff in the 60s and early 70s.   He seemed to run out of gas after that.  Simon and Garfunkel were like that, too.   Simon's later works are generally awful compared to his early ones.    Dr.joeb saw a Dylan concert where he showed up in a long coat and did nothing good like his old stuff.   So, the songs you mention are they recent ones?    If so, then that would explain Dylan's morphing into bad habits.   His great stuff was like Maggies Farm, Blowing in the win, How does it feel, Mr. Tambourine, and more.  They were all early ones when he was the most creative.  None of them have the dreaded word.  

4 hours ago, Dr. Joe B. said:

There is wisdom in mother-in-laws.    Dr.joeb had two great ones.   Both are deceased but have made an indelible impression in mind to this day.   

You comebacks suck. You might want to read this book...

comeback_1.1.png

24 minutes ago, Dr. Joe B. said:

Dylan's best works avoid the dreaded word.   It is so trite.   The first time that word is heard the song is dead.   Dr.joeb is a poet.   Poets hate trite anything.   Dylan wrote so many songs that it is doubtful anyone knows all of his compositions.   He seemed to avoid that word just like so many of the other good composers.    You don't earn a Nobel prize in literature by beating trite words to death like in so many horrible songs.    Songs with the word and lots of otherwise non-musical clatter going on in the background drowning out unintelligible words are the biggest turnoff of all.   Lots of young amateurish musical groups do just that.     Dylan probably used the dreaded word once in a song in a way where it is original and not repeated over and over again.    Steward gives Dylan credit.  And you are write his version is different and not any where near as good as Dylan's.   Dr.joeb bought Steward's version in sheet music.  He uses some of the musical moves, too, somewhat twisted out of shape.   Steward's version is not good.   But it is hard to adapt other's compositions to your style.   Steward has lots of his own good stuff.     Dr.joeb is a fan of Dylan, too, but not to the extent that he knows everyone of his compositions.   Dr.joeb just knows the best ones.   Dr.joeb should have qualified his statement about the word baby.    Dylan did most of his best stuff in the 60s and early 70s.   He seemed to run out of gas after that.  Simon and Garfunkel were like that, too.   Simon's later works are generally awful compared to his early ones.    Dr.joeb saw a Dylan concert where he showed up in a long coat and did nothing good like his old stuff.   So, the songs you mention are they recent ones?    If so, then that would explain Dylan's morphing into bad habits.   His great stuff was like Maggies Farm, Blowing in the win, How does it feel, Mr. Tambourine, and more.  They were all early ones when he was the most creative.  None of them have the dreaded word.  

Now you are backtracking from you absolutist (and dead-wrong) contention. If you are not familiar with Bob Dylan's oeuvre, it isn't wise to make assertions that are not so.  

Using the word "babe" or "baby" doesn't by definition make a song trite. "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" and "Baby Please Stop Crying" are not trite songs. Nor is "It Ain't Me Babe."

Your premise is false. Dylan's Nobel Prize is evidence he knows a lot more about poetry than you do. LOL.

There are no "dreaded words." And Dylan certainly did use "baby" as repetitiously in some of his great sounds in the same fashion as other rock and rollers. You are strikingly ignorant of Bob Dylan's music. 

Rod Steward's song of the same title is a completely different song. Completely different lyrics (aside from the title) and a different melody. Similar themes, but not the same song. Stewart gave Dylan a songwriting credit after realizing the thematic similarity as a gesture of goodwill and to avoid charges of plagiarism.

"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" was from 1965. The year most fans and critics would cite as the most inspired year of his songwriting. It Ain't Me Babe" was from 1964. another landmark year. "Baby Stop Crying" came from another highpoint in 1978 during the Street Legal album period. Again, your premise fails. These were songs where Bob Dylan was at his best.

You should stay away from subjects where you are this ignorant. Really.

Bill

3 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Oh, baby, baby, baby blue
You’ll change your last name, too
You’ve turned your hair to brown
Love to see it hangin’ down

Bob Dylan ("Never Say Goodbye" 1973 Planet Waves)

Dylan did all of his best stuff before 1970.   That is when his poetry was the best.   Dr.joeb should have qualified that point.   Dr.joeb was horribly disappointed at Dylan's concert because he did none of the stuff that Dr.joeb remembers as being great in the 1960s.   Dylan burned out.   He had his hey day before 1970.   After that he was overwhelmed by stupid 'baby, baby, baby, baby,,  and other baby songs.     Dr.joeb remembers when he did  real good stuff in the 60s.    His later rock n roll stunk.   But he was great in those early days just like Simon.   Simon wore out his welcome with such trash as 57 ways to leave your lover his Heinz soup song.     Simon and Dylan died musically after a great start.    Dr.joeb liked It Aint Me Babe.   He played and sung that song many times.   You mentioned the Baby blue song that Dr.joeb forgot.  So, you are right Dylan did a few 'baby, baby songs....   But no doubt they were not what won him a Nobel prize.   It was songs like Positively 4th Street that made him great.  And there are no babies in that one.     

3 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Now you are backtracking from you absolutist (and dead-wrong) contention. If you are not familiar with Bob Dylan's oeuvre, it isn't wise to make assertions that are not so.  

Using the word "babe" or "baby" doesn't by definition make a song trite. "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" and "Baby Please Stop Crying" are not trite songs. Nor is "It Ain't Me Babe."

Your premise is false. Dylan's Nobel Prize is evidence he knows a lot more about poetry than you do. LOL.

There are no "dreaded words." And Dylan certainly did use "baby" as repetitiously in some of his great sounds in the same fashion as other rock and rollers. You are strikingly ignorant of Bob Dylan's music. 

Rod Steward's song of the same title is a completely different song. Completely different lyrics (aside from the title) and a different melody. Similar themes, but not the same song. Stewart gave Dylan a songwriting credit after realizing the thematic similarity as a gesture of goodwill and to avoid charges of plagiarism.

"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" was from 1965. The year most fans and critics would cite as the most inspired year of his songwriting. It Ain't Me Babe" was from 1964. another landmark year. "Baby Stop Crying" came from another highpoint in 1978 during the Street Legal album period. Again, your premise fails. These were songs where Bob Dylan was at his best.

You should stay away from subjects where you are this ignorant. Really.

Bill

You have no idea about the poetry of Dr.joeb.     Dylan never even published a book of poems.   Dr.joeb published "Poetry Lives Forever".   You obviously have no idea of what you are blathering about Dylan's lyrics as poems compared to the poems of Dr.joeb.   Buy the book to find out.  Otherwise you will have to scour this topic to find the poems Dr.joeb has made public in this topic.    For example, "Opinionation" is just one of many great poems of Dr.joeb.    If you are curious do a search in this topic and find where Dr.joeb offered it as a freebee...

1 hour ago, Dr. Joe B. said:

You have no idea about the poetry of Dr.joeb.     Dylan never even published a book of poems.   Dr.joeb published "Poetry Lives Forever".   You obviously have no idea of what you are blathering about Dylan's lyrics as poems compared to the poems of Dr.joeb.   Buy the book to find out.  Otherwise you will have to scour this topic to find the poems Dr.joeb has made public in this topic.    For example, "Opinionation" is just one of many great poems of Dr.joeb.    If you are curious do a search in this topic and find where Dr.joeb offered it as a freebee...

Truthfully Dr.joeb should have qualified that he only referred to Dylan's early on career.  It was an oversight.  And the Baby blue song was not really a baby baby Iove you...I love you to smithers cause you are my baby.    Do you get the drift.  Dylan used the words Baby in the Baby blue song in an innovative way not a mushy I love you baby.  Same for It Aint Me Babe.   Dylan's career died after those glory days in the 1960s.    As stated in previous message Dr.joeb was devastated by the concert that Dylan allowed to happen in Detroit with a bunch of horrible make-believe rockers.   He had on one of those long coats that the Texas Rangers wore in the 19th century.   The whole bunch of us who were at that concert were totally disappointed that he did none of the good stuff from the 60s.     We had lost touch with the Dylan we knew in the 60s.   No doubt what he did after his folk singing career ended is horrible and possibly filled with baby, baby, baby why do you do me this way baby.   Do you get it.  Using baby the way bad lyrics writers use that word is what Dr.joeb was writing about.  Sorry for your not getting it.  But dr.joeb did not explain that as he should.   But now you know what dr.joeb meant.   So, you are wrong but were sort of misled by what you wanted to believe.  

On 7/8/2018 at 9:38 PM, Dr. Joe B. said:

Dr.joeb is aware that there are many folks who understand the nature of how life works spiritually and physically.    Spiritual science is in the primitive early states.  Dr.joeb believes that we will eventually find a way to make at will communication with the spiritual side of the universe.    Keep in mind that 100 years ago claiming that frequencies could be transmitted by a small electronic devise from one side of the earth to the other via satellite would have gotten a one-way ticket to an insane asylum.       

Tesla's theory that electricity can be transmitted without wire will be proven true some day.

9 minutes ago, GorgeousGeorge said:

Tesla's theory that electricity can be transmitted without wire will be proven true some day.

Its already been proven ...like 75 years ago...nitwit twit.

4 minutes ago, 123urout said:

Its already been proven ...like 75 years ago...nitwit twit.

Link? 

why are we still using wires then?

I am talking about using it in a practical matter. I don't have to be a dim wit. That's rude of you, but typical. Are you incapable of ever being nice and humanistic?

Just now, GorgeousGeorge said:

Link? 

why are we still using wires then?

I am talking about using it in a practical matter. I don't have to be a dim wit. That's rude of you, but typical. Are you incapable of ever being nice and humanistic?

you call all the lies you post being nice? Yes Tesla himself did it. Ever read his patents?Ever listened to a radio in your car?Those are electrical frequencies that are transmitted through the air They do it now with cell phone charging.The reason Teslas invention was squashed is because the guy funding tesla (jp morgan)   invention wanted to charge everyone, and Tesla said it would be free.

8 minutes ago, 123urout said:

you call all the lies you post being nice? Yes Tesla himself did it. Ever read his patents?Ever listened to a radio in your car?Those are electrical frequencies that are transmitted through the air They do it now with cell phone charging.The reason Teslas invention was squashed is because the guy funding tesla (jp morgan)   invention wanted to charge everyone, and Tesla said it would be free.

Radio frequencies are sound waves not electrical waves. I used to have a crystal radio that did not require electricity to listen to it.

I've read all available writings about Tesla. I am an expert on the subject.

(tesla) AC Vs (edison) DC, for example.