Liberalism Versus Conservatism

Chuck, your post is very clear. And I agree that jobs were given wrongfully in pretty much every university in this country that did not hire highly qualified US born citizens over foreign born immigrants with minimal English speaking skills. Dr.joeb actually earned his doctorate degree in mathematics working under a Japanese professor who spoke minimal English but was a great mathematician and a great advisor. Wayne State University mathematics department never allowed him to teach at the undergraduate level. He never was allowed to teach basic differential and integral calculus. He was hired only because of his incredible research skills. And they hired him in order to give a stimulus to their doctoral program in mathematics. Nakano was advisor for a number of doctoral students at Wayne State University. That was why they hired him and not for teaching elementary math. Unfortunately, Nakano died in 1974 and Dr.joeb had to finish his doctorate degree under his student, Takashi Ito also from Japan.

There is no reason to pay illegal workers ANY wage, Dr. Joe!

Did you read my post?

I lost my job due to illegal immigration

Lots of my friends did too

Good paying jobs that allowed us to buy houses and provide for our families with a single income.

Jobs that will do so again once we get a few million illegals back on their side of the border

I adapted when the Mexicans took over the carpentry trades, and went to work for the Japanese.

I've built car plants all over North America for them, because they saw the difference between a hard worker without a degree and a non worker with one. I know well the difference between the opportunities legal migrants bring versus the despair that comes with allowing illegals live and work among us as if they had never done anything wrong.

Now, in this country, it is rare indeed to find a kid who is willing to cut grass to pay for his football cleats or whatever and in many cases we have laws against kids working period, while in Mexico the kids are taught early to earn their keep, and in Iran kids are training to take over America when they grow up.

I am truly concerned about the America my grandkids are going to inherit

My life, Dr. Joe

I've seen it and I've lived it.

You can't expect me to believe the bullshit you're peddling when everything I'ved lived shows the opposite

Liberalism needs ignorance to survive because once one knows reality it's easy to see the falsehood of your philosophy

Seems the carpentry trades did not have lobbyist as do the Agriculture businesses. Big Agriculture is protected from having to pay minimum wage at all by law. See http://www.paywizard.org/main/salary/minimum-wage/coverage-exemptions/exemptions-flsa Exemptions under the Fair labor Standards Act (FLSA) are:

• Agricultural employees who are:
    • employed on a small farm - less than 500 'man days' work in any calender quarter. Definition 'man day': any day during which an employee performs agricultural work for at least an hour;
    • immediate family members of their employer;
    • principally engaged on the range in the production of livestock;
    • local hand harvest laborers who: - commute daily from their permanent residence, are paid on a piece rate basis in traditionally piece-rated occupations, and were engaged in agriculture less than thirteen weeks during the preceding calendar year;
    • non-local minors, 16 years of age or under, who are hand harvesters, paid on a piece rate basis in traditionally piece-rated occupations, employed on the same farm as their parent, and paid the same piece rate as those over 16.
  • With that said maybe you should have been affiliated with a Union to help keep out low riders on the bids. Your argument and anger should be for the firms that hired them in the 1st place NOT the people that were just trying to make a living like yourself. In fact you do seem conflicted by it because you state "I adapted when the Mexicans took over the carpentry trades, and went to work for the Japanese.

I've built car plants all over North America for them, because they saw the difference between a hard worker without a degree and a non worker with one."

A fair working wage should be paid to the field workers and those in the so called jobs Americans will not do. There is now a huge shortage getting the crops planted and harvested there is no one to fill these jobs right now. The labor field has been shrinking for a few years now. In Florida we have crops rotting on the vine so I would suspect if they can afford to let that happen and lose money they can afford to pay the workers a bit more mulla. Hell it might even attract the younger more healthy among us. Could happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Zenophobia and Xenophobia are both defined there. Probably, the majority of folks spell it with the Z.

No, *genius*, most people spell it xenophobia.

As proof, browse the term xenophobia in Google and you get 10 MILLION hits.

Browse the term zenophobia and you get 32,800 hits … and asked if you meant xenophobia.

:D

• Upvote 1

No, *genius*, most people spell it xenophobia.

As proof, browse the term xenophobia in Google and you get 10 MILLION hits.

Browse the term zenophobia and you get 32,800 hits … and asked if you meant xenophobia.

:D

You've got no reason to rag on anyone's spelling. ;D

• Upvote 1

I've seen it spelled both ways with the intent to mean fear of foreigners. Check Wikopedia. Many words have more than one spelling.

As have I, from my Brit, Greek and Aussie and German friends ect., so I was a wee bit surprised after checking. I call those types spelled either way Paras myself :P Just asked the question on my site and they say we have it wrong lol They say Zenophobs.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Check Wikopedia. Many words have more than one spelling.

LOL! You really are a moron, Dr *genius*. First of all, it’s spelled WikIpedia, not Wikopedia. And second, Wikipedia does not have a page on Zenophobia other than one that redirects you to the page on xenophobia. Do a search inside Wikipedia for Zenophobia and they take you to the page on Xenophobia … knowing that you just misspelled it. And there is no mention of zenophobia on the xenophobia page itself, other than the link to the redirection page. But you go ahead and keep digging. We’re all astonished at your intellect. :D

And by the way, do you know who Zeno was? You should, since you claim to have a doctorate in math. :D

• Upvote 1

You've got no reason to rag on anyone's spelling. ;D

LOL!

There you go, snowflake, showing off YOUR poor memory off AGAIN.

It wasn't "you've" I misspelled, it was "your".

I mistakenly wrote "you're" in a post instead of "your".

And unlike Mr *genius*, I didn't insist I was right after that was pointed out.

But then I know you think you have to score any point you possibly can now, given how far YOU'RE behind.

Just saying ... :D

• Upvote 1

Chuck, your post is very clear. And I agree that jobs were given wrongfully in pretty much every university in this country that did not hire highly qualified US born citizens over foreign born immigrants with minimal English speaking skills. Dr.joeb actually earned his doctorate degree in mathematics working under a Japanese professor who spoke minimal English but was a great mathematician and a great advisor. Wayne State University mathematics department never allowed him to teach at the undergraduate level. He never was allowed to teach basic differential and integral calculus. He was hired only because of his incredible research skills. And they hired him in order to give a stimulus to their doctoral program in mathematics. Nakano was advisor for a number of doctoral students at Wayne State University. That was why they hired him and not for teaching elementary math. Unfortunately, Nakano died in 1974 and Dr.joeb had to finish his doctorate degree under his student, Takashi Ito also from Japan.

The difference between your world and mine Dr. Joe, is that the jobs you reference were lost to LEGAL immigrant where the jobs I refer to were lost to ILLEGAL immigrants.

Legal immigration is good, our country was built with immigrants

Illegal immigration is bad, only someone who would vote for Kennedys would think that starting with crime will make good citizens

Seems the carpentry trades did not have lobbyist as do the Agriculture businesses. Big Agriculture is protected from having to pay minimum wage at all by law. See http://www.paywizard.org/main/salary/minimum-wage/coverage-exemptions/exemptions-flsa Exemptions under the Fair labor Standards Act (FLSA) are:

• Agricultural employees who are:
    • employed on a small farm - less than 500 'man days' work in any calender quarter. Definition 'man day': any day during which an employee performs agricultural work for at least an hour;
    • immediate family members of their employer;
    • principally engaged on the range in the production of livestock;
    • local hand harvest laborers who: - commute daily from their permanent residence, are paid on a piece rate basis in traditionally piece-rated occupations, and were engaged in agriculture less than thirteen weeks during the preceding calendar year;
    • non-local minors, 16 years of age or under, who are hand harvesters, paid on a piece rate basis in traditionally piece-rated occupations, employed on the same farm as their parent, and paid the same piece rate as those over 16.
  • With that said maybe you should have been affiliated with a Union to help keep out low riders on the bids. Your argument and anger should be for the firms that hired them in the 1st place NOT the people that were just trying to make a living like yourself. In fact you do seem conflicted by it because you state "I adapted when the Mexicans took over the carpentry trades, and went to work for the Japanese.

I've built car plants all over North America for them, because they saw the difference between a hard worker without a degree and a non worker with one."

A fair working wage should be paid to the field workers and those in the so called jobs Americans will not do. There is now a huge shortage getting the crops planted and harvested there is no one to fill these jobs right now. The labor field has been shrinking for a few years now. In Florida we have crops rotting on the vine so I would suspect if they can afford to let that happen and lose money they can afford to pay the workers a bit more mulla. Hell it might even attract the younger more healthy among us. Could happen.

I did farm work until I graduated high school, your bullshit rules and definitions are part of the problem and none of the solution.

With that said, Carpentry unions actively recruited illegal aliens into their memberships from the Clinton years on, maybe sooner.

Unions are so democrat they follow whatever the party tells them, with both policies and votes.

Our American labor field at the present moment is obese and unmotivated. Their idea of pulling themselves up by the boot straps means Mom quit doing their laundry and everything faded into their whites and so they have no money to buy new underwear unless they stay home from the club Friday night.

Get rid of the illegals

Stop molly coddling the young

The jobs will pay more and the kids will work them

Win / win

I've seen it spelled both ways with the intent to mean fear of foreigners. Check Wikopedia. Many words have more than one spelling.

I never heard the word until Hillary Clinton called me one

All the stories quoting her spelled it xenophobe

Of course she was wrong

LOL!

There you go, snowflake, showing off YOUR poor memory off AGAIN.

It wasn't "you've" I misspelled, it was "your".

I mistakenly wrote "you're" in a post instead of "your".

And unlike Mr *genius*, I didn't insist I was right after that was pointed out.

But then I know you think you have to score any point you possibly can now, given how far YOU'RE behind.

Just saying ... :D

You hurl stones, Don't be surprised if they're hurled back at you. :D

• Upvote 1

Spell check works better than Chuck. Bull turd makers love to pick at the meaningless because they have no real brain power. Minutia men they are called. I don't edit spelling because it is a waste of time since every one knows what one means when the spelling is close enough. I have spelled zenophobia as xenophobia many times over the years. I've used both spellings. And I have spelled Wikipedia right many times, too. Spelling is trivial. Ideas are not. I write with big idea not the minutia. Fools are concerned with trivia. Tell me you do not wish to be a fool, Chuck. Learn to think big all the time.......

• Upvote 2

Read my books. Read all 6 of them. They are spellchecked to death. You won't find more than one misspelled word in hundreds of pages. You know why you find a misspelling in my messages in this informal topic once in a while? Because time is not wasted here for checking minutiae stuff like variations of and slightly misspelled words. The fact that anyone makes a fuss about a letter here and there misplaced says more about the fool who pays attention to stupid stuff than a writer who is not publishing a book or research article where it is important to spellcheck, wordcheck,...etc. How many books have you published? Probably, none.

What have you written that is publishable, Chuck? Nothing. That says something about your literary skills.

• Upvote 1

I did farm work until I graduated high school, your bullshit rules and definitions are part of the problem and none of the solution.

With that said, Carpentry unions actively recruited illegal aliens into their memberships from the Clinton years on, maybe sooner.

Unions are so democrat they follow whatever the party tells them, with both policies and votes.

Our American labor field at the present moment is obese and unmotivated. Their idea of pulling themselves up by the boot straps means Mom quit doing their laundry and everything faded into their whites and so they have no money to buy new underwear unless they stay home from the club Friday night.

Get rid of the illegals

Stop molly coddling the young

The jobs will pay more and the kids will work them

Win / win

I never heard the word until Hillary Clinton called me one

All the stories quoting her spelled it xenophobe

Of course she was wrong

And round and round we go. Why are the kids coddled and fat too? Parents. What age group raised their kids to coddle their own kids?? Ours.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And round and round we go. Why are the kids coddled and fat too? Parents. What age group raised their kids to coddle their own kids?? Ours.

And your point is what?

To point blame and do nothing, or to fix the problem?

Your post is is an encouragement of the status quo, an excuse to do nothing

Totally opposite of my life's philosophy

Another Liberal who opposes change

Spell check works better than Chuck. Bull turd makers love to pick at the meaningless because they have no real brain power. Minutia men they are called. I don't edit spelling because it is a waste of time since every one knows what one means when the spelling is close enough. I have spelled zenophobia as xenophobia many times over the years. I've used both spellings. And I have spelled Wikipedia right many times, too. Spelling is trivial. Ideas are not. I write with big idea not the minutia. Fools are concerned with trivia. Tell me you do not wish to be a fool, Chuck. Learn to think big all the time.......

I only pointed out your misspellings because you are continually point out how much more educated you are than I.

And in both case it was a one sentence post all by itself

Somehow all you Libs got stuck on that and ignored my lengthy posts about real jobs being lost to illegal aliens and the prosperity that is coming with their deportation.

Deport them all

So we're back to,,,, "your point is what?"

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

In a different matter
Remember a few weeks back when everyone was complaining about their cursor moving while they were trying to type?
I figured it out
I couldn't find that thread, if you bump it I will share

Once one identifies a problem they try to fix it. Coddling is a rash that I deplore. Kindness and understanding gets them on their own and they develop into stronger kinder people. I support strength, ones own strength. This generation of kids are going to have a hard time of it. Most have zero social skills besides the net and very little get up n go. You think the Dems are bad now just wait until those kids can vote lol They feel they deserve everything just because they exist.

I am speaking from a personal view and not all, but a vast majority are selfish lil tools these days.

So we're back to,,,, "your point is what?"

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

In a different matter
Remember a few weeks back when everyone was complaining about their cursor moving while they were trying to type?
I figured it out
I couldn't find that thread, if you bump it I will share

was it a loading vid or pics jamming it up?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1