Liberalism Versus Conservatism

Trump is strong on criticizing existing problems and short on solutions. Trump points fingers at problems with no idea how he intends to solve them. He is strong on the 'what' of problems and non-existent on the 'how to solve' part of the problems. Worse yet, he keeps changing his positions in a way that you don't have a clue what he really wants to do. We don't need an unprincipled chameleon for a president.

It seems that Trump appeals to the least informed part of the public rather than the intelligentsia of the GOP. Guys like George Will have thrown in the towel on the Republican party. No doubt George Will represented the smartest and best within the GOP. He was close to being another William Buckley. Unfortunately, Buckley is gone to the higher plain of spirituality. Dr.joeb enjoyed listening to Buckley's analysis of politics even though he did not subscribe to most of them.

You will notice the scruffy look of the many bikers who seem to be real followers of Trump's big talk with no history of really doing anything worthwhile for the public. Buffett challenged him to a duel on their financial condition. So far Trump has avoided any real disclosures about his taxes and wealth which is grossly exaggerated by him. He is a pipsqueak when it comes to comparing his wealth to Gates or Buffett. He likes to give the public that he is the hugely successful entrepreneur worth billions. The truth is he is a frequently bankrupted BSer who has sucked the life out of the economy whereever he dared to enter it. Carpenters and electricians and more were swindled by Trump's bankruptcies for profit. Do we need a loser like Trump for anything in governing our great nation?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I helped!! I had my tubes tied at 20 and had 6 step kids I raised to take care of themselves and earn their way. All of them have their own small businesses and kids n grand kids of their own..I am ve

Same ole story when they do not like the message they attack a typo..SAD!!

As have I, from my Brit, Greek and Aussie and German friends ect., so I was a wee bit surprised after checking. I call those types spelled either way Paras myself Just asked the question on my site a

Let's put the Trumpster in the dumpster. He is now trying to reverse his horrible racist positions by switching to what we are already doing with immigration. We are deporting criminals and finding ways to make good legals and illegals into good USA citizens. The current thinking of most rational politicians is that illegals should pay for their right to be a legal citizen. Do you see why? The answer should be obvious. Honest taxpayers paid for the roads, public schools, and many government infrastructures. Why should anyone free ride the tax dollars of honest law-abiding taxpayers who paid taxes to make our nation's public conveniences. Obama has supported this position. It makes lots of sense.

Now the Trumpster is pretending like he has switched positions for treating illegals like we are already doing. Can you trust this chameleon behavior? It would be just as easy for such a waffler to change his mind and go back to the harsh methods that he first preached that appealed to the wanabee-tough-guys who took great glee in his Hitler-like speeches.

Let's put the Trumpster in the dumpster. He is now trying to reverse his horrible racist positions by switching to what we are already doing with immigration. We are deporting criminals and finding ways to make good legals and illegals into good USA citizens. The current thinking of most rational politicians is that illegals should pay for their right to be a legal citizen. Do you see why? The answer should be obvious. Honest taxpayers paid for the roads, public schools, and many government infrastructures. Why should anyone free ride the tax dollars of honest law-abiding taxpayers who paid taxes to make our nation's public conveniences. Obama has supported this position. It makes lots of sense.

Now the Trumpster is pretending like he has switched positions for treating illegals like we are already doing. Can you trust this chameleon behavior? It would be just as easy for such a waffler to change his mind and go back to the harsh methods that he first preached that appealed to the wanabee-tough-guys who took great glee in his Hitler-like speeches.

One of the most common retorts to those of us who support deporting ILLEGAL immigrants goes something like this "you can't deport 11 million people at once".

First of all, duh! No one has ever claimed all can be deported at once. Logically, you have to start somewhere. which would be with the most dangerous. What is different is that Trump and others still believe that if you are here illegally, you should be deported. That has not changed. Whereas the current admin, as you allude to in your post, spends time trying to "make good legals and illegals into good USA citizens". Doing things like Obamas's executive amnesty where it is not just prioritizing, but changing the work eligibility of ILLEGALS.

We are still deporting undesirable illegals. Did you not see that on the last ABC news? We must take care not to be inhumane. Illegals who have been here for many years law-abiding and paying taxes who have children born here (they are citizens) should be treated differently. After all, it was our negligence that allowed many legals and illegals to come here to do jobs that no one wants like picking fruit. Many decided not to go home and found jobs in construction. A much smaller percentage of illegals and legals commit crimes compared to the overall crime statistics of our nation. The illegals mostly avoid illegal behavior because they do not want to be deported.

Trump is all wet when he makes statements that illegals engage in too much criminal behavior. We will deport or convict any illegals who commit crimes, if caught.

Dr. Joe,

I see many illegals get sentenced to deportation quite often and ICE refuse to take them

Really.....just where did you see that?

What I see....

U.S. deportations of immigrants reach record high in 2013

Pew Research Center

BY ANA GONZALEZ-BARRERA AND JENS MANUEL KROGSTAD

Oct 2, 2014

(excerpts)

FT_Deportations2013.png

The Obama administration deported a record 438,421 unauthorized immigrants in fiscal year 2013, continuing a streak of stepped up enforcement that has resulted in more than 2 million deportations since Obama took office, newly released Department of Homeland Security data show.

President Obama today is scheduled to address members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, a group that has recently criticized the president on immigration. Last month, the caucus urged the president to take executive action on immigration by extending deportation relief to certain groups of unauthorized immigrants, such as parents of U.S.-born children.

During his speech, Obama is expected to reiterate his pledge to make changes to immigration policy on his own, something he said he will do after the November midterm elections.

The record number of deportations comes even as 580,946 young unauthorized immigrants have received relief from deportation and work permits since 2012 under a policy called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

One distinct feature of the record number of deportations is the increasing share of deportations by U.S. Customs and Border Protection after border apprehension. In 2013, 25% of all deportations were carried out by the agency, up from 17% in 2012.

This rise in the number of deportations also coincides with stalled growth of the U.S. unauthorized immigrant population since 2009, and a more recent rise in the number of apprehensions at the U.S.-Mexico border. In 2013, there were 414,000 apprehensions at the southwest border, a rise of 27% over 2011 (the most recent low in apprehensions).

Also, a new shift in migration patterns emerged over the last two years: more Central American immigrants and unaccompanied children crossing the border. These trends have led to an increase in apprehensions at the U.S.-Mexico border. On the other hand, the number of Mexican immigrants apprehended at the border and the interior has continued to decline from a high of 1.1 million in 2005 to 425,000 in 2013.

Really.....just where did you see that?

Right here in Ohio

A federal plane leaves Ohio four days a week, fully loaded, with Mexicans being deported

Except about a year and a half ago, when they quit going altogether, then started going once a week

Federal judges in Ohio have pretty much quit ordering deportations

Making society better has an obvious answer. Remove all guns except ones in the hand of tested law men and women. Set a minimum wage at a level to support a family. Disallow anyone other than the owner of a business setting salary at more than 15 times the average worker in the industry. (some countries do this). Make employment for all automatic. If you do not have an employer then you should automatically be considered a government employee with a fair minimum wage. Some countries pay their unemployed engineers whether they have a job or not, for example.

There are lots of other things that could be done. However, none of what is written here has a snowman's chance in hell of being approved for a variety of reasons.

Removing " all guns except ones in the hand of tested law men and women" will not make a better society, obviously

Removing all guns will only make good citizens defenseless against bigger and stronger predators

What woman can withstand the onslaught of a larger and stronger males intent on causing her harm?

What you are promoting is the law of the jungle, where they strong prey on the weak, and is an attack on equality, fairness, and our founding principles.
How can a person be secure in their life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness if they are subject to the whims of anybody and everybody who is stronger than they are?

If no bad guy had a gun then you would not be at risk of being shot. Ideal is not real of course. There are too many ways that bad guys would get guns. Still, if the penalty for having a gun was severe enough most would not want one. And we would be like Canada where gun violence mostly occurs from US citizens visiting Canada.

I guns were never invented, we would have the law of the jungle, where the strong prey on the weak

Sam Colt called his gun the great equalizer because it puts the little old lady on the same footing as the big bad thug

You seem to think that gun violence is worse than physical violence
Rape is rape, Dr. Joe, whether the victim was held at gunpoint or beat senseless with fists and rocks

What advantage do you see to having a defenseless citizenry, except to make it safer for the thugs?

The problem with guns is a cultural one. Some places do well when guns are removed. Others do well when guns become commonplace.

Then the Problem, by your own account, is Not with Guns at all.

The problem is with People.

Thank you for not blaming the inanimate object.

Then the Problem, by your own account, is Not with Guns at all.

The problem is with People.

Thank you for not blaming the inanimate object.

I've never said otherwise. Gun control is a very limited tool that only works to the benefit of the public in very specific situations.

Gun control was a Huge success in Australia but the same laws won't work in the USA.

Removing ALL guns would definitely make a better and safer society but it will never happen in the USA until things go completely crazy like in Dodge City in the late 1800s. Towns tried to stop gun play by making laws against having guns. But paranoia about being shot made gun slingers commonplace. It is lack of trust of our fellow man that is the biggest culprit. Guys like Chuck think they need an equalizer. But they would not need a gun if no one had one. It would make it much easier to run from danger. The best weapon in a society free of guns is staying in shape to outrun the highly infrequently encountered thug. Thugs would soon disappear, if opportunity to make an honest living for all who are capable of work. Being a good-hearted moralistic people we would not mind helping those who cannot help themselves due to mental and physical infirmities.

We need to have a social revolution before good-thinking can be possible. For now, it is guns everywhere in the hands of paranoid folks who think they need an equalizer. This is a stupid way to think. And as long as that is the prevailing mode of thought we will continue to have many horrible shootings on the streets.

• Upvote 1

It is lack of trust of our fellow man that is the biggest culprit. Guys like Chuck think they need an equalizer. But they would not need a gun if no one had one. It would make it much easier to run from danger.

I can't run Doc.

Do you understand that?

CAN'T

Why should an honest citizen be duty bound to run from a criminal?

I've never said otherwise. Gun control is a very limited tool that only works to the benefit of the public in very specific situations.

Gun control was a Huge success in Australia but the same laws won't work in the USA.

Actually gun control wasn't a huge success in Australia. But that doesn't fit the liberal narrative.

Your link touts gun murder rates dropping (they actually went up initially after the ban), but it doesn't show that rates dropped the same in the U.S. while gun ownership was expanding.

Suicide rates continued declining at same rate as before the ban:

VoxAustralia.jpg

As did the homicide rate:

Firearm%20homicide%20per%20100%2C000%20p

So to claim the gun ban changed anything, you have to ignore the actual data.

I can't run Doc.

Do you understand that?

CAN'T

Why should an honest citizen be duty bound to run from a criminal?

Dr. JoeB. isn't listening to you. I understood the part about thugs using fists and bats and whatever to beat me up and take my stuff or rape a woman in a gun free society.

Actually gun control wasn't a huge success in Australia. But that doesn't fit the liberal narrative.

Your link touts gun murder rates dropping (they actually went up initially after the ban), but it doesn't show that rates dropped the same in the U.S. while gun ownership was expanding.

Suicide rates continued declining at same rate as before the ban:

VoxAustralia.jpg

As did the homicide rate:

Firearm%20homicide%20per%20100%2C000%20p

So to claim the gun ban changed anything, you have to ignore the actual data.

Your primary argument is that there is no collaboration?