Vegas

Pink Floyd and Clapton

7 hours ago, Vegas said:

Ive heard and regularly listen to all the greats. 

Well than...you should go gragle with razor blades and stop trying to push my cyber buttons; since you already know who really are thee greatest of all times.

Image result for bob dylan blood on the tracks songsImage result for abbey road 1969 times

Sorry, Dylan's voice is (was) ridiculous.

But yes, the Beatles were genius. Well, John and Paul.

14 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Oh brother.

Dylan was the greatest of the bunch.

George Harrison was also a great talent. Look at the songs he added to the Beatles albums (aside from the weak Taxman). Great stuff. Then all the backlog that went on All Things Must Pass and forward. And Ringo was a hell of a drummer. Very underrated. He gave the Beatles a distinct sound.

Bill

27 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

Well than...you should go gragle with razor blades and stop trying to push my cyber buttons; since you already know who really are thee greatest of all times.

Image result for bob dylan blood on the tracks songsImage result for abbey road 1969 times

Lol. Bob dylan is overrated. 

1 minute ago, SpyCar said:

Oh brother.

Dylan was the greatest of the bunch.

George Harrison was also a great talent. Look at the songs he added to the Beatles albums (aside from the weak Taxman). Great stuff. Then all the backlog that went on All Things Must Pass and forward. And Ringo was a hell of a drummer. Very underrated. He gave the Beatles a distinct sound.

Bill

I agree with most everything. Yes George and Ringo were great but you have to admit John and Paul carried the load.

Honestly, I can't comment on Dylan's songwriting because I could never get past his ridiculous voice to evaluate it. Maybe he was a great songwriter, but the voice. UGH... who would know??

Final note: Yes Ringo gave a unique sound and was a great drummer... as a "support" drummer... which is the best kind.

3 hours ago, nuckin futz said:

Great music is forever, son! You need to go back into the 60's and 70's!

The 60's and 70's do not have a monopoly on quality music. Plenty of good stuff came out after. Everyone is partial to their generation. Nothing wrong with that. 

9 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I agree with most everything. Yes George and Ringo were great but you have to admit John and Paul carried the load.

Honestly, I can't comment on Dylan's songwriting because I could never get past his ridiculous voice to evaluate it. Maybe he was a great songwriter, but the voice. UGH... who would know??

Final note: Yes Ringo gave a unique sound and was a great drummer... as a "support" drummer... which is the best kind.

I neglected to mention George's guitar work, which was superb. A pretty great assemblage of talent.

As to Dylan's voice, I can't agree. I love his singing.

If you (and others) who love the Beatles have not seen Paul McCartney doing the carpool karaoke, it is something not to miss.

Bill 

5 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I neglected to mention George's guitar work, which was superb. A pretty great assemblage of talent.

Absolutely.

6 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Different strokes... obviously many would agree with you.

6 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

If you (and others) who love the Beatles have not seen Paul McCartney doing the carpool karaoke, it is something not to miss.

Anyone can have a bad day, especially at his age. But as a bass player myself, I have a soft spot for Paul. His lines were amazing.

5 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Absolutely.

Anyone can have a bad day, especially at his age. But as a bass player myself, I have a soft spot for Paul. His lines were amazing.

You play bass? Awesome.  I was taking lessons but i lost interest.  

14 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

What do you mean have a bad day?

Bill

31 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Absolutely.

I have a green Hofner, Paul is a living legend.

Just now, fishhead said:

I have a green Hofner, Paul is a living legend.

Do you play? I might have to reevaluate our relationship! :P

15 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Do you play? I might have to reevaluate our relationship! :P

It was a minute or two ago.

6 minutes ago, fishhead said:

It was a minute or two ago.

Cool!

I take back all the nasty things I said about your musical tastes... any fellow bass player is alright in my book.

But don't think I won't still rip you on yer politics... 😁

13 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Cool!

I take back all the nasty things I said about your musical tastes... any fellow bass player is alright in my book.

But don't think I won't still rip you on yer politics... 😁

Politics is some fukked-up shyt. Basically which lie do you believe, with no option for neither.

7 hours ago, merrill said:

THAT was a period when a flood of fine music came on like a Tsunami, the 30"s, 40's and 50's had their share...... there is still fine music being born just not by the truck loads.....

Definitely the 60"s and 70's was a culture all its' own so much to be appreciated.

Bonnie Raitt and friends produced some very fine sounds that live on and on and on ...........

Fortunately I had time to make concerts my most important accomplishments of which I saw many in the Red Rocks before the place was modified....loved the place. Dylan and the Band were doing a last waltz tour in St Louis ....after the intermission Clapton and Harrison showed up on stage so what the hell I went got tickets for the second show = no regrets.

26 minutes ago, merrill said:

Fortunately I had time to make concerts my most important accomplishments of which I saw many in the Red Rocks before the place was modified....loved the place. Dylan and the Band were doing a last waltz tour in St Louis ....after the intermission Clapton and Harrison showed up on stage so what the hell I went got tickets for the second show = no regrets.

Let's not forget Linda Ronstadt bringing the Eagles together what magic. 

Grateful Dead in concert = always fun and always beautiful music.

Beatles = great together, on their own and with their friends.

Judy Collins is still around which brings to mind Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young all of which sang in many groups before becoming Crosby Stills and Nash..... then came Neil.

The Moody Blues a sound all their own.

A good time those 60's and 70's .......... loved the concert circuit.

5 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Bill 

I always knew there was something about you...I liked !

Dylan%20Elvis_zps6qnnfbqh.jpg

41 minutes ago, merrill said:

Let's not forget Linda Ronstadt bringing the Eagles together what magic. 

Grateful Dead in concert = always fun and always beautiful music.

Beatles = great together, on their own and with their friends.

Judy Collins is still around which brings to mind Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young all of which sang in many groups before becoming Crosby Stills and Nash..... then came Neil.

The Moody Blues a sound all their own.

A good time those 60's and 70's .......... loved the concert circuit.

Bonnie Raitt = among the best guitar players ever

Joan Chandos Baez born January 9, 1941) is an American singer, songwriter, musician and activist.[3] Her contemporary folk music often includes songs of protest or social justice.[4] Baez has performed publicly for over 60 years, releasing over 30 albums. Fluent in Spanish and English, she has also recorded songs in at least six other languages.

Bob Dylan is one of the most influential singer-songwriters of the 20th century, known for songs that chronicle social and political issues. Dylan was born Robert Allen Zimmerman on May 24, 1941, in Duluth, Minnesota

16 minutes ago, merrill said:

Joan Chandos Baez born January 9, 1941) is an American singer, songwriter, musician and activist.[3] Her contemporary folk music often includes songs of protest or social justice.[4] Baez has performed publicly for over 60 years, releasing over 30 albums. Fluent in Spanish and English, she has also recorded songs in at least six other languages.

Bob Dylan is one of the most influential singer-songwriters of the 20th century, known for songs that chronicle social and political issues. Dylan was born  May 24, 1941, in Duluth, Minnesota. Both born in 1941.  Hmmmmm

Dylan before being so complimentary of Baez - saying that, from the start, he loved "Joanie's" soprano voice and her cotton-picking guitar style and how much he was honored by "Diamonds and Rust," Baez's bittersweet tribute to their love affair written a decade ("a couple of light years") afterwards. David Crosby said he wasn't sure of Baez's feelings for Dylan (she said, of course, she was crazy about him - "speaking strictly for me, we both could have died then and there").  But he knew Dylan was crazy about her - worth contemplating given the emotionally constricted public pose Dylan has affected throughout his life.

It was good to see their duets again, which were remarkable musically and emotionally - they were such an interesting intersection of musical traditions.

14 hours ago, SixShooter said:

Don't sell Harrison short. Below is a list of songs he wrote while with the Beatles. In bold are those I particulary like:

1 hour ago, merrill said:

Bob Dylan is one of the most influential singer-songwriters of the 20th century, known for songs that chronicle social and political issues. Dylan was born Robert Allen Zimmerman on May 24, 1941, in Duluth, Minnesota

Bob Dylan is the most influentially overrated musician.  His voice is awful. 

1 hour ago, merrill said:

9 hours ago, merrill said:

Dylan lyrics and music are generally speaking top of the line with his vocals being distinctive and original = perfection.