Vegas

Why shouldn't citizens be allowed to own machine guns and tanks

Just look at all the different opinions he took running for president. He actually has a long track record of lying as well. 

2 hours ago, Ranb said:

I've tried to debate this with Trump supporters in the past on other forums.  They admit he said it, but it doesn't count as an anti-gun position because he has done nothing to follow through with the threat.  Still not sure why I can't get a single Trump supporter to admit that the bump stock ban is anti-gun and Americans didn't have it coming to them.

Trump is an authoritarian. It's good that he is Red, White, and Blue American, but if he takes a notion that things would be better without a particular freedom, he'll take it.
Thank God he listened to the uproar after the bump stock fiasco, and dropped the red flag nonsense.
Now we have to stay vigilant to make sure it stays dropped.

He is our president and we have to make sure he stays on the right path.
No more straying.

Vigilance is the price of freedom.

What else are we gonna do, vote democrat?

4 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

Thank God he listened to the uproar after the bump stock fiasco, and dropped the red flag nonsense.

Why do you think this is true?  What makes you think he listened?  I think if Trump listened to the uproar, he would have reversed the decision. 

When did Trump claim he dropped his stupid red flag law idea? 

I think the pleas of Trump's loyal constituents fell on deaf ears and he does not give a damn who he steals from.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:52 PM, Duck615 said:

PROVE IT

Well?  Are you a seagull poster or do you accept that Trump is a gun grabbing twink?

4 minutes ago, Ranb said:

Why do you think this is true?  What makes you think he listened?  I think if Trump listened to the uproar, he would have reversed the decision. 

When did Trump claim he dropped his stupid red flag law idea? 

I think the pleas of Trump's loyal constituents fell on deaf ears and he does not give a damn who he steals from.

I can see why you would think that.

My opinion comes from meaningful activism. One thing Trump does well is listen to people. His people reached out to us shortly after he took office, and other groups like us across the country, and we are on an email/conference call network. 

I have direct phone and email access to the White House Office of Public Liaison, Second Amendment Office

I called and bitched directly to the man about "due process after" in addition to emailing.
I'm sure I wasn't the only one.
They had a conference call on it that I missed, and an email response that I received.
AND a returned phone call

Again I Say, vigilance is the price of freedom

5 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

I can see why you would think that.

My opinion comes from meaningful activism. One thing Trump does well is listen to people. His people reached out to us shortly after he took office, and other groups like us across the country, and we are on an email/conference call network. 

I have direct phone and email access to the White House Office of Public Liaison, Second Amendment Office

I called and bitched directly to the man about "due process after" in addition to emailing.
I'm sure I wasn't the only one.
They had a conference call on it that I missed, and an email response that I received.
AND a returned phone call

Of course trump listened to the money. 

48 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

One thing Trump does well is listen to people.

What did Trump say when people demanded their bump stocks back?  I suspect it was something like "go to hell suckers".

Can you post the e-mail here?

50 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

And our firearms are the price of Trump.

1 hour ago, Ranb said:

Well?  Are you a seagull poster or do you accept that Trump is a gun grabbing twink?

Unfortunately for Trump he is gun ignorant. He wants to support the right but doesn't know much about guns. Most NY boys don't. He got some very bad advice from the NRA who has been pushing to get rid of bump stocks for a long time. 

Nobody loves gun legislation more than the NRA. 

4 minutes ago, kfools said:

Unfortunately for Trump he is gun ignorant.

That is an understatement for sure.

5 minutes ago, kfools said:

He wants to support the right but doesn't know much about guns.

I'm not convinced he wants to support the right at all.  

6 minutes ago, kfools said:

He got some very bad advice from the NRA who has been pushing to get rid of bump stocks for a long time. 

Can you show me anything from the NRA prior to October 2017 that says they wanted to ban bump stocks? 

2 minutes ago, Ranb said:

That is an understatement for sure.

It's not an understatement. What would have made it better for you? Completely gun ignorant? That is redundant. 

I'm not convinced he wants to support the right at all.  

Based on the bump stock ban? You and I both know bump stocks had a pretty damned small grouping of gun enthusiasts around them. Most gunners didn't even notice and worse most didn't give a phuck. It's a toy and it's useless to be honest, but I was not for the ban to be sure. Like I said, I think he got bad advice. I suppose time will tell. Remember too this guy thought he could compromise with liberals. He knows better now.  

Can you show me anything from the NRA prior to October 2017 that says they wanted to ban bump stocks? 

Why does that matter? You know for sure they did, they have done nothing to challenge it at all. NOTHING. Still haven't. Why aren't they going ape s hit? 

16 minutes ago, Ranb said:

What did Trump say when people demanded their bump stocks back?  I suspect it was something like "go to hell suckers".

Can you post the e-mail here?

Bump stocks are gone. They ain't coming back, and I ain't wasting any more time on them.
I dare say I have done more to save them than nearly everybody else.

And no, I won't be posting my private correspondence for you. I have nothing to prove. You asked about my opinion and I explained myself.
I will tell you that it's an ongoing relationship. (with the liaison)
If I sent him an email tonight I'd have an answer by Monday at the latest

15 minutes ago, Ranb said:

And our firearms are the price of Trump.

1 minute ago, kfools said:

Based on the bump stock ban? You and I both know bump stocks had a pretty damned small grouping of gun enthusiasts around them. Most gunners didn't even notice and worse most didn't give a phuck. It's a toy and it's useless to be honest, but I was not for the ban to be sure. Like I said, I think he got bad advice. I suppose time will tell. Remember too this guy thought he could compromise with liberals. He knows better now.  

The bump stock ban concerns me a lot less than the "take the guns first, then do due process" line.

Just now, Chuck! said:

The bump stock ban concerns me a lot less than the "take the guns first, then do due process" line.

Any ban of any kind concerns me. 

All gun control is incremental. 

Remember too this guy thought he could compromise with liberals.

Are you suggesting that the bump stock ban was a compromise?  What did we get for losing our bump stocks?  It is not a compromise if they only take from us.

Why does that matter? You know for sure they did, they have done nothing to challenge it at all.

It matters because you made a claim about the NRA; one I've never heard or seen in print before.  So I'd like to know where you're getting your information from.

2 minutes ago, kfools said:

It's not an understatement. What would have made it better for you? Completely gun ignorant? That is redundant. 

Why does that matter? You know for sure they did, they have done nothing to challenge it at all. NOTHING. Still haven't. Why aren't they going ape s hit? 

the way to sort this out is to remove gun dealers and manufactures non-liability clause...simply the more kills the more payouts..it has worked for other health and safety issues

3 minutes ago, Ranb said:

Are you suggesting that the bump stock ban was a compromise?

I am. Trump wanted to do something to prove to Democrats he would take action on mass shootings. The advice the NRA gave him was to go after the bump stocks as they have such a small demographic of gun owners associated with them. That's what I think happened anyways. 

What did we get for losing our bump stocks?  It is not a compromise if they only take from us.

Now he knows that. I honestly think he thought the media would sing his praises for taking action on mass shootings. They didn't. So he kinda phucked himself on that one. 

It matters b

??

6 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

Bump stocks are gone. They ain't coming back, and I ain't wasting any more time on them.

That is a defeatist attitude that will get us no where.

Just now, Ranb said:

It's a realistic attitude. The only lobbying group that has a prayer of getting them back is the N.R.A. and they don't give a phuck. 

3 minutes ago, kfools said:

I am. Trump wanted to do something to prove to Democrats he would take action on mass shootings.

So gun owners wanted to keep their bumps stocks, and Trump wanted to take them away.  Trump got the bump stocks, what did the gun owners get?  Does not sound like a compromise at all; not by a long shot.

No one in their right mind actually thinks that banning bump stocks will save lives.  The body count in Vegas that night would not be higher if Paddock had not used bump stocks.

6 minutes ago, kfools said:

Now he knows that.

If he knows that now, he should be telling us he is sorry for confiscating our property without compensation. 

8 minutes ago, kfools said:

??

I posted prior to finishing my sentence.  I edited my reply above.

7 minutes ago, kfools said:

Any ban of any kind concerns me. 

All gun control is incremental. 

And that's how we've been getting them back

I'm an old man who doesn't like wasting time.
My activism gets results, and bump stocks are not the hill I am willing to die on.

You have time to fight for bump stocks, go right ahead
I have a Constitutional Carry bill and SYG to get passed, without giving DeWine his "pink slip" law

1 minute ago, Chuck! said:

I have a Constitutional Carry bill and SYG to get passed, without giving DeWine his "pink slip" law

Good luck.  I hope I'm wrong, but Trump will not allow those bills the time of day.  He has made it clear that he thinks gun owners are chumps.

Just now, Ranb said:

So gun owners wanted to keep their bumps stocks, and Trump wanted to take them away.  Trump got the bump stocks, what did the gun owners get?  Does not sound like a compromise at all; not by a long shot.

It wasn't. Perception matters. I was simply explaining from Trump's point of view he likely thought of it as a compromise. From your point of view [and mine] it obviously isn't. 

Just now, Ranb said:

No one in their right mind actually thinks that banning bump stocks will save lives.  The body count in Vegas that night would not be higher if Paddock had not used bump stocks.

If he knows that now, he should be telling us he is sorry for confiscating our property without compensation. 

He should. I wouldn't though if I were him. It's political suicide. It's not like he will be forgiven for it...and the worst thing you can do in politics is apologize. 

Just now, Ranb said:

I posted prior to finishing my sentence.  I edited my reply above.

It matters because you made a claim about the NRA; one I've never heard or seen in print before.  So I'd like to know where you're getting your information from.

I owned a gun shop for around 12 years. Part time, then full time, then part time again before I finally shut it down. Margins are to small and everybody jumped into the business when Obama was in office. 

This was pretty common talk in Nevada and Michigan both. I owned shops in both states at one time. I can't give you any other proof than that it was well known the NRA didn't like the idea of the bump stocks and never supported them. They thought they were to close to legal NFA weapons and would hurt class 3 transfers which are worth ten of thousands of dollars in some cases. Especially since the NRA got their lawyers involved in NFA trusts and has made a s hit load off of them. 

Just my opinion. It seems easily backed up by the fact that they literally are doing nothing about the ban though. 

2 minutes ago, kfools said:

I was simply explaining from Trump's point of view he likely thought of it as a compromise.

It is difficult to debate when the goalposts shift like this.

3 minutes ago, kfools said:

I can't give you any other proof than that it was well known the NRA didn't like the idea of the bump stocks and never supported them.

I was also a gun dealer a while back.  If it was that well known that the NRA did not like bump stocks prior to 2018, it must have been in writing or at least an internet rumor somewhere.  I'm not buying your claim at all now.