Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
slideman

The House Oversight Committee

Recommended Posts

The oversight committee is working on articles of impeachment for violation of the emoluments clause and bribery.

'We’re looking at near raw bribery': Trump hotel taking bookings from foreign officials who never stay in rooms, investigation told

Groups attempting to court Donald Trump have booked rooms at his hotels without staying in them, effectively paying for good favour, it has been claimed.

In a previously unreported aspect of the House Oversight Committee's far-reaching investigation, members are looking into the issue after receiving information that a trader association and a foreign government had booked a large number of rooms, but only used a few other them.

 

“Now we’re looking at near raw bribery,” representative Gerry Connolly, a Virginia Democrat on the House Oversight Committee told Politico. “That was the risk from Day One: foreign governments and others trying to seek favour because we know Trump pays attention to this. ... It’s an obvious attempt to curry favour with him.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-hotel-washington-dc-bribery-investigation-rooms-a9143236.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slideman said:

The oversight committee is working on articles of impeachment for violation of the emoluments clause and bribery.

'We’re looking at near raw bribery': Trump hotel taking bookings from foreign officials who never stay in rooms, investigation told

Groups attempting to court Donald Trump have booked rooms at his hotels without staying in them, effectively paying for good favour, it has been claimed.

In a previously unreported aspect of the House Oversight Committee's far-reaching investigation, members are looking into the issue after receiving information that a trader association and a foreign government had booked a large number of rooms, but only used a few other them.

 

“Now we’re looking at near raw bribery,” representative Gerry Connolly, a Virginia Democrat on the House Oversight Committee told Politico. “That was the risk from Day One: foreign governments and others trying to seek favour because we know Trump pays attention to this. ... It’s an obvious attempt to curry favour with him.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-hotel-washington-dc-bribery-investigation-rooms-a9143236.html

This is crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be forgiven for not getting too exercised  about some vacant hotel rooms when nobody batted an eye over a foundation that took in untold millions only to shut down after a lost election...????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neue regel said:

I’ll be forgiven for not getting too exercised  about some vacant hotel rooms when nobody batted an eye over a foundation that took in untold millions only to shut down after a lost election...????

Like the Trump foundation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot Trump folded his foundation after the election also and bribery is a very serious charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neue regel said:

I’ll be forgiven for not getting too exercised  about some vacant hotel rooms when nobody batted an eye over a foundation that took in untold millions only to shut down after a lost election...????

In the first place the Clinton foundation is not shut down.https://www.clintonfoundation.org/media-center/news

In the second place the clintons did not profit from donations to the foundation. I am no fan of Hillary Clinton but you don't have to lie about her

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slideman said:

The oversight committee is working on articles of impeachment for violation of the emoluments clause and bribery.

'We’re looking at near raw bribery': Trump hotel taking bookings from foreign officials who never stay in rooms, investigation told

Groups attempting to court Donald Trump have booked rooms at his hotels without staying in them, effectively paying for good favour, it has been claimed.

In a previously unreported aspect of the House Oversight Committee's far-reaching investigation, members are looking into the issue after receiving information that a trader association and a foreign government had booked a large number of rooms, but only used a few other them.

 

“Now we’re looking at near raw bribery,” representative Gerry Connolly, a Virginia Democrat on the House Oversight Committee told Politico. “That was the risk from Day One: foreign governments and others trying to seek favour because we know Trump pays attention to this. ... It’s an obvious attempt to curry favour with him.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-hotel-washington-dc-bribery-investigation-rooms-a9143236.html

Must be pretty hard up for cash, the billionaire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zaro said:

Must be pretty hard up for cash, the billionaire

sad I have to go to the papers in the UK to find out what is going on in our own house oversight committee. no one in the US seems to be paying attention to this story but they are coming up with articles of impeachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slideman said:

In the first place the Clinton foundation is not shut down.https://www.clintonfoundation.org/media-center/news

In the second place the clintons did not profit from donations to the foundation. I am no fan of Hillary Clinton but you don't have to lie about her

 

 

You know what, you’re right. The Clinton Foundation indeed didn’t close but rather just lost the majority of funding after her loss. 

 

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/clinton-foundation-donations/

 

I stand corrected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 2:08 PM, neue regel said:

I’ll be forgiven for not getting too exercised  about some vacant hotel rooms...

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

Get Trump he broke the law. 

Lock him up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...