Sign in to follow this  
slideman

LESSONS FROM THE MUELLER REPORT: COUNTERINTELLIGENCE IMPLICATIONS OF VOLUME 1

" The President's efforts to make money from a real estate project in Moscow and to conceal the transaction from the public are a quintessential example of a counterintelligence nightmare that may or may not include criminal activity. It may not be a crime to build a Trump Tower in Moscow or for Michael Cohen to seek the Kremlin's help to do so. It may not be a crime to try to enrich yourself with a foreign business deal, even while running for President, or to lie about it to the American people, but it is deeply compromising and not only because of the inducement of hundreds of millions of dollars; no, that is only part of it. It is also deeply compromising because the Russians were on the other end of the transaction and could expose the President's duplicity at any time. In fact, when The Trump Organization's efforts to enlist the Kremlin's help in the deal were finally exposed, Dmitry Peskov, Putin's spokesman, told the international media that the Kremlin never responded to Michael Cohen's outreach. Thanks to the Mueller report and our own committee's investigation, we now know that Mr. Peskov's statement was a lie. The Kremlin did follow up. So here we have the prospect of the Kremlin participating in a cover up by the President of the United States. "

7 minutes ago, slideman said:

" The President's efforts to make money from a real estate project in Moscow and to conceal the transaction from the public are a quintessential example of a counterintelligence nightmare that may or may not include criminal activity. It may not be a crime to build a Trump Tower in Moscow or for Michael Cohen to seek the Kremlin's help to do so. It may not be a crime to try to enrich yourself with a foreign business deal, even while running for President, or to lie about it to the American people, but it is deeply compromising and not only because of the inducement of hundreds of millions of dollars; no, that is only part of it. It is also deeply compromising because the Russians were on the other end of the transaction and could expose the President's duplicity at any time. In fact, when The Trump Organization's efforts to enlist the Kremlin's help in the deal were finally exposed, Dmitry Peskov, Putin's spokesman, told the international media that the Kremlin never responded to Michael Cohen's outreach. Thanks to the Mueller report and our own committee's investigation, we now know that Mr. Peskov's statement was a lie. The Kremlin did follow up. So here we have the prospect of the Kremlin participating in a cover up by the President of the United States. "

Trump is a traitor. He clearly subverts US policy in order to personally prosper.

Just now, leftwinger said:

Trump is a traitor. He clearly subverts US policy in order to personally prosper.

Prove it you fukking POS liberal asswipe

Mr. Quigley. Mr. McCarthy, have you read the report in its entirety?

Mr. McCarthy. I have -- I should say I have read all of Volume I because I knew that we were going to be discussing it today. And I have read most of Volume II.

Mr. Quigley. I appreciate that. You are ahead of most. You read, then, about all the contacts that took place, coming over from the Russian side. At any of those points, sir, putting yourself in the place of those who received those contacts, at any of those points, would you have called the FBI?

Mr. McCarthy. Well, I -- would I have called the FBI?

Mr. Quigley. Yes.

Mr. McCarthy. I call the FBI for things probably a lot less serious than that, I imagine.

Mr. Quigley. Thank you.

Mr. McCarthy. I do think --

Mr. Quigley. However else you feel about the report, do you think someone should have called the FBI?

Mr. McCarthy. Yes. I think -- there is no question, and my colleagues here who have worked counterintelligence I am certain would tell you, we always want information, any information that would be helpful to us in apprizing what the likely intentions of potentially hostile powers are. Where it gets dicey and where you have to be careful is, if you are going to use investigative techniques that require a particular quantum of intelligence, then you have to make sure that you satisfy the quantum of intelligence before you trigger that technique. And that I think is where you go from the mere collection of information to doing something that is more active.

2 minutes ago, slideman said:

Mr. Quigley. Mr. McCarthy, have you read the report in its entirety?

Mr. McCarthy. I have -- I should say I have read all of Volume I because I knew that we were going to be discussing it today. And I have read most of Volume II.

Mr. Quigley. I appreciate that. You are ahead of most. You read, then, about all the contacts that took place, coming over from the Russian side. At any of those points, sir, putting yourself in the place of those who received those contacts, at any of those points, would you have called the FBI?

Mr. McCarthy. Well, I -- would I have called the FBI?

Mr. Quigley. Yes.

Mr. McCarthy. I call the FBI for things probably a lot less serious than that, I imagine.

Mr. Quigley. Thank you.

Mr. McCarthy. I do think --

Mr. Quigley. However else you feel about the report, do you think someone should have called the FBI?

Mr. McCarthy. Yes. I think -- there is no question, and my colleagues here who have worked counterintelligence I am certain would tell you, we always want information, any information that would be helpful to us in apprizing what the likely intentions of potentially hostile powers are. Where it gets dicey and where you have to be careful is, if you are going to use investigative techniques that require a particular quantum of intelligence, then you have to make sure that you satisfy the quantum of intelligence before you trigger that technique. And that I think is where you go from the mere collection of information to doing something that is more active.

Trump still brags about taking illegal campaign contributions from foreign nations.

Just now, leftwinger said:

Trump still brags about taking illegal campaign contributions from foreign nations.

WOW YOU OUT RIGHT LIE ALL THE TIME YOU FUKKING POS TRAITOR