Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
merrill

A Smart Budget Represents The American People and Demonstrates Fiscally Responsible Management and Effective Spending

Recommended Posts

Absolutely-Bernie and Elizabeth. Put The People/ Economic Growth On the Table Instead of Spying on americans, killing health care, privatizing social security and medicare and privatizing public education

 

The Peoples Budget is the only budget that does everything this country needs:

    * Reduces Debt by $10 trillion

    * Creates good-paying jobs

    * Fully maintains our social safety net

    * Invests in education

    * Ends our costly wars

    * Closes the tax loopholes that have made offshoring jobs profitable

    * Ends oil and gas subsidies that pollute our country at taxpayer expense

    * Creates a national infrastructure investment bank to help us make intelligent investments for the future

 

The People's Budget represents not just common sense; it represents the will of the American people.

 

The People's Budget is getting mainstream attention, but it won't hold that attention unless we speak up about how important our values really are. These aren't just words on a page or numbers in a table—these dollars and cents mean lives helped or hurt, people succeeding or falling by the wayside, and families lifted up or dragged down. This is about America.

 

 

What the Peoples Budget does very specifically:

 

http://www.npr.org/2011/04/15/135435883/the-nation-obama-should-fight-for-peoples-budget

 

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/4/14/while_obama_touts_compromise_with_gop

 

http://www.thenation.com/blog/159939/fighting-peoples-budget

 

Bring on a budget for the many. Repub folks wipe out jobs, home ownership,medical insurance and retirement accounts at the speed of light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "conservatives" quote a REALLY big number for progressive healthcare, by quoting a 10 year cost.

The really big number that they quote IS LESS THAN THE EXISTING SYSTEM FOR THE SAME 10 YEARS.

The "conservative" voters are too dopey to understand that.

 

Do you think that there is any hope that the voters will not be fooled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, peter45 said:

The "conservatives" quote a REALLY big number for progressive healthcare, by quoting a 10 year cost.

The really big number that they quote IS LESS THAN THE EXISTING SYSTEM FOR THE SAME 10 YEARS.

The "conservative" voters are too dopey to understand that.

 

Do you think that there is any hope that the voters will not be fooled?

 

EXACTLY ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 5:01 PM, peter45 said:

The "conservatives" quote a REALLY big number for progressive healthcare, by quoting a 10 year cost.

The really big number that they quote IS LESS THAN THE EXISTING SYSTEM FOR THE SAME 10 YEARS.

The "conservative" voters are too dopey to understand that.

 

Do you think that there is any hope that the voters will not be fooled?

 

So taxes will go up how much per household?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, neue regel said:

 

So taxes will go up how much per household?

Only really stupid "conservatives" would pay for private health insurance WHILE they were covered by Medicare for All.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 4:52 PM, merrill said:

Absolutely-Bernie and Elizabeth. Put The People/ Economic Growth On the Table Instead of Spying on americans, killing health care, privatizing social security and medicare and privatizing public education

 

The Peoples Budget is the only budget that does everything this country needs:

    * Reduces Debt by $10 trillion

    * Creates good-paying jobs

    * Fully maintains our social safety net

    * Invests in education

    * Ends our costly wars

    * Closes the tax loopholes that have made offshoring jobs profitable

    * Ends oil and gas subsidies that pollute our country at taxpayer expense

    * Creates a national infrastructure investment bank to help us make intelligent investments for the future

 

The People's Budget represents not just common sense; it represents the will of the American people.

 

The People's Budget is getting mainstream attention, but it won't hold that attention unless we speak up about how important our values really are. These aren't just words on a page or numbers in a table—these dollars and cents mean lives helped or hurt, people succeeding or falling by the wayside, and families lifted up or dragged down. This is about America.

 

 

What the Peoples Budget does very specifically:

 

http://www.npr.org/2011/04/15/135435883/the-nation-obama-should-fight-for-peoples-budget

 

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/4/14/while_obama_touts_compromise_with_gop

 

http://www.thenation.com/blog/159939/fighting-peoples-budget

 

Bring on a budget for the many. Repub folks wipe out jobs, home ownership,medical insurance and retirement accounts at the speed of light.

Obama never passed a budget

President Barack Obama will be the first president in this great country who will not have passed a budget in his first term of office. He submitted a budget that was defeated by a vote of 97-0. Not a single Democrat or Republican voted for it.

In his first two years in office, instead of focusing on the economy, he passed the stimulus bill (which did not work because he pushed for clean energy), and the Affordable Healthcare Act (which had to go to the U.S. Supreme Court because it was so controversial). In fact, we had to wait until it was passed before we saw what was in it.

In 2010, the Republicans won a majority in the House, and they have submitted 33 budget bills that have been shelved by the Democrat-controlled Senate. The bills were not allowed for discussion or for a vote. The president refuses to negotiate with the Republicans.

I would like to say that all voters need to ask any person running for public office how the candidates plan on breaking this deadlock in Washington, D.C. If they can’t answer that question, they don’t deserve our vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, peter45 said:

Only really stupid "conservatives" would pay for private health insurance WHILE they were covered by Medicare for All.

 

Not necessarily.  The PCP my wife and I used recently retired...we chose different replacements.   There are three doctors in our Sunday School class.  All 5 are late 50's in age.  None of them accept Medicare/Medicaid patients and all have said they will retire if it starts moving in the direction of no private health insurance options. If the premiums are reasonable, I would purchase private insurance to keep my doctor and avoid the headaches of dealing with government doctors.  Besides...how often do you hear people praising VA hospitals or find them in the rankings of the best medical facilities.

 

So...the biggest question (aside from "How are you going to pay for it?") is "Where are you going to get the doctors?"  There is already a shortage of doctors in many areas.  Virtually no medical school in the country has "unfilled capacity"...meaning they could accommodate more students but lack the applicants.  What makes liberals think that they will have MORE people wanting to become doctors so they can wait longer to get paid AND be paid less.

 

Oh...and before you say "We'll just build more medical school", keep in mind it takes (on average) 6 years from concept to full accreditation...and about $92 million for facilities, administration, faculty and support staff...before the first class can be accepted.  When you add that to the 9-12 years it takes to complete medical school, residency and specialization work, if an institution wanted to add a new medical school and started the process today...it would be 2035 before new doctors would be ready from that school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...