Sign in to follow this  
leftwinger

It's tempting to ignore Trump’s unhinged letter to Congress. But this is different.

4 minutes ago, kfools said:

Right.

So Trump says "You do I will too"

So now he is a dictator.

right up there with hitler,  who apparently is trump's idol

7 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Did you really think Trump would just let you morons commit sedition? 

They did.

The House must vote to authorize the committee investigation, and through that process the committee gains judicial authority.  A demand letter only becomes a subpoena, technically meaning: ‘a request for the production of documents with a penalty for non-compliance’, when the committee has judicial authority.

Absent judicial authority, all of these “subpoenas” are simply “letters”.  That is why this latest round of letters (they are calling subpoenas) do not carry a penalty for non-compliance.  The demands cannot carry a penalty because the demands do not contain judicial authority…. because the investigation was not authorized by the chamber.

schumer-feinstein.jpg

"Hey old bat, can you believe that Schiit guy is trying to be more of a hack than we are."

kj

The president has zero power to decide how or why congress runs it’s impeachment inquiry. It’s up to congress and congress alone.

21 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

The president has zero power to decide how or why congress runs it’s impeachment inquiry. It’s up to congress and congress alone.

Wrong. Read a few posts up based on an actual Supreme Court decision.....

5 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

Not tough for me because now Trump is setting his own precedence so stop whining about it you little bitch. 😂

laughing at trumptard is easy to do.

2 hours ago, Olivaw said:

criminals don't have any choice about what evidence is used.

7 hours ago, maineman said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-record-support-for-trump-impeachment

this is what FAUX News is reporting.

wow.

Things are moving fast.

8ff3ab71-1.png?ve=1&tl=1

Since July, support for impeachment increased among voters of all stripes: up 11 points among Democrats, 5 points among Republicans and 3 among independents. Support also went up among some of Trump’s key constituencies, including white evangelical Christians (+5 points), white men without a college degree (+8), and rural whites (+10).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is hell freezing over now? are pigs flying around the white house?

sure looks like it.

27 minutes ago, jerra- said:

laughing at trumptard is easy to do.

I didn’t vote for Trump or that neocon corporatist Hillary, stupid. 

26 minutes ago, jerra- said:

8ff3ab71-1.png?ve=1&tl=1

Since July, support for impeachment increased among voters of all stripes: up 11 points among Democrats, 5 points among Republicans and 3 among independents. Support also went up among some of Trump’s key constituencies, including white evangelical Christians (+5 points), white men without a college degree (+8), and rural whites (+10).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is hell freezing over now? are pigs flying around the white house?

sure looks like it.

Americans are stupid. Most of them don’t hear anything but sound bytes. 

Anyone with half a brain knows this is a manufactured crisis by the intel community(with house democrat collusion and sedition) and a desperate attempt to remove Trump before that IG report comes out and the real investigation opens up. 

56 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Americans are stupid. Most of them don’t hear anything but sound bytes. 

Anyone with half a brain knows this is a manufactured crisis by the intel community(with house democrat collusion and sedition) and a desperate attempt to remove Trump before that IG report comes out and the real investigation opens up. 

Ah yes... that wonderful IG report we've been hearing about..... any word on when that will be hitting the streets?

Maybe the Twelfth of Never?

hahahahahahaahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, maineman said:

Ah yes... that wonderful IG report we've been hearing about..... any word on when that will be hitting the streets?

Maybe the Twelfth of Never?

hahahahahahaahahahahaha

You don’t think it’ll be released? 😂

When it is, this will ALL makes sense. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/what-to-expect-from-inspector-general-michael-horowitzs-report-on-alleged-fisa-abuses

Looks to be the next two weeks. How you think Americans are going to take illegal spying on the Trump campaign in an effort to unseat him? 

Followed by another effort? 😂

You got two weeks to get Trump out of office because once that report confirms the entire Mueller investigation was illegal? 😁

52 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

You don’t think it’ll be released? 😂

When it is, this will ALL makes sense. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/what-to-expect-from-inspector-general-michael-horowitzs-report-on-alleged-fisa-abuses

time will tell.... I would hate for you to get your hopes up, goldilocks!

16 minutes ago, maineman said:

time will tell.... I would hate for you to get your hopes up, goldilocks!

Pretty sure anyone with half a brain knows what it’s going to say. It’ll also open a much larger investigation. 

Politically motivated Illegal spying by the democrats on a presidential candidate? 

This ain’t gonna be pretty. 

1 hour ago, DeepBreath said:

Pretty sure anyone with only half a brain thinks they know what it’s going to say.

FIFY, goldilocks

"Advertisement  Trump’s administration has mounted two investigations into whether overseas agencies played a role in investigating his 2016 campaign. The first inquiry, led by the justice department inspector general, Michael Horowitz – now completed but unpublished – focussed narrowly on the background to the granting of a surveillance warrant in 2016 on the Trump campaign member Carter Page.  The second review, set up by Barr in May and led by the US attorney John Durham, is looking at the origins of the Russia investigation, including whether there was bias against the Trump administration among senior officials in the security services.  Unlike Horowitz’s review, Durham’s has the power to convene a grand jury and subpoena people outside the government. The degree to which overseas intelligence agencies are dutybound to cooperate with the inquiry is unclear.  One UK government source said: “The intelligence relationship is so close that there is no need to pressurise the UK to cooperate.”

Lol I think Durham is an honest man.

9 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

Wrong. Read a few posts up based on an actual Supreme Court decision.....

Why would I chase down your manufactured legal opinion in a forum when I can read real legal opinions by real legal scholars at legitimate websites! 

The president has zero say or power. He will comply or the court will order him to comply. 

4 hours ago, Olivaw said:

Why would I chase down your manufactured legal opinion in a forum when I can read real legal opinions by real legal scholars at legitimate websites! 

The president has zero say or power. He will comply or the court will order him to comply. 

Because it was a legal opinion from legal scholars from the Supreme Court. Subpoena  power from the house requires a full vote for impeachment inquiry first....

5 hours ago, Olivaw said:

There is no guarantee that THIS SCOTUS will order him to comply.

That will be the point at which we will declare that America has ceased to exist.

1 hour ago, peter45 said:

There is no guarantee that THIS SCOTUS will order him to comply.

That will be the point at which we will declare that America has ceased to exist.

While it is certainly possible that this conservative court will conduct itself as a Republican court, I am still confident that it’s ruling will follow the constitution and precedent. The courts have consistently held that the power to impeach rests entirely in the hands of congress,. The judicial and administrative branches have no authority to overrule congress. 

Trump’s team hasn’t even advanced a real legal argument. It’s all noise for the base.