Sign in to follow this  
LoreD

Joshua Brown, key witness in Amber Guyger murder trial and neighbor of Botham Jean, shot to death in Dallas

Joshua Brown, key witness in Amber Guyger murder trial and neighbor of Botham Jean, shot to death in Dallas

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/botham-jean-neighbor-killed/index.html

A man who was a key witness in the murder trial of former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger was fatally shot Friday in the parking lot of his apartment complex, according to attorney Lee Merritt.

Joshua Brown was a neighbor of shooting victim Botham Jean at the South Side Flats apartments. Jean was sitting in his unit in September 2018 when Guyger walked inside and shot him to death. Brown says he lived directly across the hall from Jean.

Merritt, attorney for Jean's family, told CNN he spoke to Brown's mother who confirmed the death.

Dallas police responded to a call for a shooting at the Atera Apartments complex around 10:30 p.m. Friday, police told CNN.

Officers were flagged down by witnesses who directed them to a victim who was lying on the ground of the apartment parking lot with multiple gunshot wounds.

The victim was transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he died from his injuries, according to a statement from Dallas Police.

Witnesses told police they heard several gunshots and saw a silver four-door sedan speed out of the parking lot, police said.

There is no suspect information at this time, police said.

Merritt wrote in a Facebook post Saturday night that the medical examiner told him Brown was shot in the mouth and chest.

"He was ambushed at his apartment complex as he got out of his car and shot at close range," Merritt wrote, adding that Brown's mother asked him to "do whatever it takes to get to the bottom" of her son's murder.

"She suspects foul play and it is difficult to rule it out," Merritt wrote. "He had no known enemies. He worked for a living. He was not in the streets. We need answers. Immediately."

'He said it could have been him'

Brown said during his testimony he was originally from Jacksonville, Florida and moved to Texas in 2008.

He attended college in southern Florida where studied interdisciplinary sciences.

He tried to play football after college, but got into roofing. He says he was a roofing contractor for a few years. At the time of his testimony, Brown said he was managing four Airbnb's in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Dallas.

Another day in the HOOD...no wait a minute; it was probably a hit by the coppers.

6 hours ago, Old Mack said:

Another day in the HOOD...no wait a minute; it was probably a hit by the coppers.

A white female police officer lived in the hood?

This seems to be an integrated apartment complex... not "the hood".

I don't think that police reprisal could be ruled out. But there is insufficient evidence to prove anything.

11 hours ago, LoreD said:

A man who was a key witness in the murder trial of former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger was fatally shot Friday in the parking lot of his apartment complex, according to attorney Lee Merritt.

Joshua Brown was a neighbor of shooting victim Botham Jean at the South Side Flats apartments. Jean was sitting in his unit in September 2018 when Guyger walked inside and shot him to death. Brown says he lived directly across the hall from Jean.

Merritt, attorney for Jean's family, told CNN he spoke to Brown's mother who confirmed the death.

Dallas police responded to a call for a shooting at the Atera Apartments complex around 10:30 p.m. Friday, police told CNN.

Officers were flagged down by witnesses who directed them to a victim who was lying on the ground of the apartment parking lot with multiple gunshot wounds.

The victim was transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he died from his injuries, according to a statement from Dallas Police.

Witnesses told police they heard several gunshots and saw a silver four-door sedan speed out of the parking lot, police said.

Merritt wrote in a Facebook post Saturday night that the medical examiner told him Brown was shot in the mouth and chest.

"He was ambushed at his apartment complex as he got out of his car and shot at close range," Merritt wrote, adding that Brown's mother asked him to "do whatever it takes to get to the bottom" of her son's murder.

"She suspects foul play and it is difficult to rule it out," Merritt wrote. "He had no known enemies. He worked for a living. He was not in the streets. We need answers. Immediately."

Brown said during his testimony he was originally from Jacksonville, Florida and moved to Texas in 2008.

He attended college in southern Florida where studied interdisciplinary sciences.

He tried to play football after college, but got into roofing. He says he was a roofing contractor for a few years. At the time of his testimony, Brown said he was managing four Airbnb's in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Dallas.

Drug deal

2 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

I don't think that police reprisal could be ruled out. But there is insufficient evidence to prove anything.

I think you're right.  It will be interesting to find out who done it!

Just now, Mindy09 said:

I think you're right.  It will be interesting to find out who done it!

There are two factors here:

(1) it is problematic that this murder will ever be solved.

(2) It is also not guaranteed that if it is, we will ever hear anything about it.

So I will simply stand by and wait to see if anything happens.

3 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

There are two factors here:

(1) it is problematic that this murder will ever be solved.

(2) It is also not guaranteed that if it is, we will ever hear anything about it.

So I will simply stand by and wait to see if anything happens.

You do that

15 hours ago, LoreD said:

Sounds like a suicide.

...how were the Clintons involved?

Ha!

17 hours ago, LoreD said:

This looks very suspect. I hope they find who did this.

4 hours ago, king of the county said:

You do that

Oh, we will do that very thing.   

It's just a tad suspicious, don't you think?   No?    I didn't think so.

Xavier, I can't wait.   I truly hope it wasn't a revenge shooting with the expected cover-up, as is done sometimes by the police.

16 minutes ago, Mindy09 said:

Oh, we will do that very thing.   

It's just a tad suspicious, don't you think?   No?    I didn't think so.

Xavier, I can't wait.   I truly hope it wasn't a revenge shooting with the expected cover-up, as is done sometimes by the police.

I was referring to your comment you will simply stand by 

11 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

met·a·phor /ˈmedəˌfôr,ˈmedəˌfər/

noun

a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

Rhetorical effects are stylistic effects. Their purpose is to elicit a response from the reader or observer. Most often the writer intends to persuade the reader to support a political view. Sometimes the writer wishes to elicit any response whatsoever or simply to shock the reader.

Probably just a mugging gone bad.

7011-56118.jpg&sp=fdfc32afe3c97fecac0d61

Ha!

18 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

There’s no evidence.....