:) When Trump does a Crime, his deplorables point out Secretary Clinton's Email :) Distraction(Lock them up)

Sean Hannity & Friend are expert of distractions. They are currently trying to distract us - the true American people - who are not seeking the help from foreign countries to hurt our own Americans for our own benefits......by coming up with BS. Trump and his lawyers confess to seeking help from foreign agents to help with the "NO Way Campaign 2020". :):):) 

• annLee changed the title to :) When Trump does a Crime, his deplorables point out Secretary Clinton's Email :) Distraction(Lock them up)
On 9/29/2019 at 2:53 PM, annLee said:

They are currently trying to distract us - the true American people -

That is divisive in itself. Despite the fact that our political opponents are doing terrible things, they are also the "true American people".

The true American people are, and have always been, morally diverse. We have a society that has created both Richard Feynman the physicist and the KKK. Both Abraham Lincoln and Charlie Manson. Most of us are somewhere in between saintly and diabolical, between genius and dirt-stupid.

As a society, as a people, we can only improve if we acknowledge it, become deeply aware of just how bad we are. We need to repent of it, and I don't mean in a religious way, because I'm an atheist.

We need to acknowledge, feel sorry and ashamed, try to understand, try to forgive each other and finally move on. It will take years. It will be imperfect.

To quote Walt Kelly, 

544a37057f1e4402e89f2ae21bf93d40.gif

• 3 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 6:46 PM, laripu said:

That is divisive in itself. Despite the fact that our political opponents are doing terrible things, they are also the "true American people".

The true American people are, and have always been, morally diverse. We have a society that has created both Richard Feynman the physicist and the KKK. Both Abraham Lincoln and Charlie Manson. Most of us are somewhere in between saintly and diabolical, between genius and dirt-stupid.

As a society, as a people, we can only improve if we acknowledge it, become deeply aware of just how bad we are. We need to repent of it, and I don't mean in a religious way, because I'm an atheist.

We need to acknowledge, feel sorry and ashamed, try to understand, try to forgive each other and finally move on. It will take years. It will be imperfect.

To quote Walt Kelly, 

544a37057f1e4402e89f2ae21bf93d40.gif

I'm not sure we can say, morally diverse. Can someone define morality first before we go through such a fret? 

No they can't. Morality is not discussed, because morality itself is seldom truthfully discussed. It is only masqueraded in the public square with nonsense. 

Back in the 1960's and on into the 1990's you had the moral majority nonsense that wanted one way and no other way to describe in essence what morality was all about - usually christian law, or some pseudo code that denies the civil rights of a certain people, and even with civil rights legislation designed to give the same rights to all, it becomes a constant dance, you know, one step forward and two steps back. 

13 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:

I'm not sure we can say, morally diverse. Can someone define morality first before we go through such a fret? 

No they can't. Morality is not discussed, because morality itself is seldom truthfully discussed. It is only masqueraded in the public square with nonsense.

First, I don't think we need to define it. We can know immorality when we see it. Taking children away form refugee parents and housing them,  caged, in camps:  I have no quibble with calling that immoral.

Secondly, if the left abandons talk of morality, it will only be talked about by the right, and then, what they say about it, goes. I'm not ready to give up that field of battle.