WillFranklin

Medicare For All With Marijuana Legalization And Taxation

9 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

LMAO....no surprises here. When asked what your OP numbers are based on, and to provide them - you got nothing. You have to hide behind answering a question with a question - because your entire OP and it's premise is based on your own made-up BS.

I shouldn't bother with your hiding in a corner approach, but then again I don't make crap up like you do. Here, it's real easy - even a simpleton like you can do a search.....right? Search "costs for healthcare for all" and they'll take you via a ton of different websites from all sides - to the numbers.

Or you can just run and hide without posting anything to back up your incredulous claims. I'm betting on that.

So you actually put a number or two out there, then cannot defend it.

Riiiiight.

Poor shilly willy, can't defend anything the little liberal asswipe says

7 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

So you actually put a number or two out there, then cannot defend it.

Riiiiight.

Hey dipcrap - it's YOUR OP. As it turns out, it's nothing more than emotional drivel, with zero supporting information.

You can talk in circles all you want - but your OP is GARBAGE.

I have no numbers off the top of my head but it would seem as if revenues from marijuana legalization would not be enough to fund health care for all. Everybody needs health care but not everybody uses marijuana or its biproducts. 

6 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Hey dipcrap - it's YOUR OP. As it turns out, it's nothing more than emotional drivel, with zero supporting information.

You can talk in circles all you want - but your OP is GARBAGE.

It's the Republican health care plan that is garbage.

Those that can't afford health coverage do without.

And marijuana prohibition.

Idiots.

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I have no numbers off the top of my head but it would seem as if revenues from marijuana legalization would not be enough to fund health care for all. Everybody needs health care but not everybody uses marijuana or its biproducts. 

The OP does not say that marijuana proceeds would completely be the only funding source for health coverage.

Read again.

Just now, WillFranklin said:

The OP does not say that marijuana proceeds would completely be the funding source for health coverage.

Read again.

From the data that I have available to me with regards to revenues from marijuana sales/distribution in my state, it would not even come close to funding health care here let alone anywhere else. 

6 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

From the data that I have available to me with regards to revenues from marijuana sales/distribution in my state, it would not even come close to funding health care here let alone anywhere else. 

The original post calls for progressive payroll taxes, and corporate taxes, and other taxes in addition to marijuana taxation to fund health coverage.

Did you really read?

Do you really read my responses?

The original post calls for progressive payroll taxes, and corporate taxes, and other taxes in addition to marijuana taxation to fund health coverage.

Did you really read?

Do you really read my responses?

Why emphasize marijuana legalization if you know it would be a relatively minor piece of the funding?

And, in addition to all of the other taxes that would be funding health care, marijuana would generate far more revenue in a national environment where there was no prohibition.

Just now, impartialobserver said:

Why emphasize marijuana legalization if you know it would be a relatively minor piece of the funding?

And, in addition to all of the other taxes that would be funding health care, marijuana would generate far more revenue in a national environment where there was no prohibition.

Answered.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:54 AM, WillFranklin said:

And we know who should be paying more- the billionaires and corporations who often deny their workers coverage.

What do we do when they leave the country?

I can go on all day about how marijuana in a legal nationwide environment can be quite the revenue generator.

This thread is now open for business.

Just now, Redoctober said:

What do we do when they leave the country?

They never do. We have done what I propose before. In fact, it is the only thing that works.

2 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

I can go on all day about how marijuana in a legal nationwide environment can be quite the revenue generator.

I could be wrong but wasn’t taxes on cigarettes also advertised to be a huge revenue generator?

Just now, neue regel said:

I could be wrong but wasn’t taxes on cigarettes also advertised to be a huge revenue generator?

Cigarettes can't be taxed enough. Except maybe in New York.

But then cigarettes suck, in every way. They will never be a cash cow long term.

Marijuana will. It dos not cause cancer, it likely cures it, at least indirectly.

7 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Quite the revenue generator is subjective. Care to give an estimate?

5 minutes ago, neue regel said:

Exactly. Nevada did this and has seen its revenue from cigarettes stall out if not decline in some years. 

Just now, impartialobserver said:

Quite the revenue generator is subjective. Care to give an estimate?

To do so would involve all of the various ways marijuana would legally be used throughout the entire U.S. given nationwide legalization, and and teaching and certification programs for the many needed home-growers at first counting as a mild cost more than likely.

Marijuana is smoked by many individuals.

But marijuana is also eaten by many individuals and sold in edibles.

Then there are the other various uses of the plant.

But with dispensaries readily available for adults and each transaction federally taxed, there would be a lot of revenue.

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Exactly. Nevada did this and has seen its revenue from cigarettes stall out if not decline in some years. 

That's because tobacco sucks as a product.

Think again.

Also, revenue would be starting at zero and skyrocketing for marijuana federally.

On 9/25/2019 at 3:36 PM, WillFranklin said:

... ass-pulled estimates that do not have marijuana legalization and taxation are just drivel at this point, which is all you are usually good for.

The "conservative" estimates are always over a 10 year period to make them look large.

Comparing what we pay now, over the same 10 years period, shows that Medicare for All is actually CHEAPER.

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Yeah,

so?

The expression "something is better than nothing",

seems to apply.

2 hours ago, peter45 said:

Yeah,

so?

The expression "something is better than nothing",

seems to apply.

He forgot that cigarettes are a shitty product.

4 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

It's the Republican health care plan that is garbage.

Those that can't afford health coverage do without.

And marijuana prohibition.

Idiots.

I'm one of the first to jump on the "our health care system could be a lot better" wagon. That being said, your OP is one of emotion and void of facts. Saying or wanting something doesn't make it true or happen.