Why Carry a Gun?

My old Grandpa said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'!
-----------------------

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

PLEASE DON'T THINK FOR A MOMENT, THAT THIS COULDN'T HAPPEN IN OUR COUNTRY ALSO !!!!!!

In 1911, Turkey established gun control:

· From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control:

· From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

In 1938 Germany established gun control:

. From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

China established gun control in 1935:

. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

Cambodia established gun control in 1956:

. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964:

· From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970:

· From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control.
-----------------------

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

*Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect ONLY the law-abiding citizens.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!
If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

· SWITZERLAND ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD! SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

· SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

· IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

B6_AA0_B56-0540-44_EF-_BFF7-_AA59854035_

"An armed society is a polite society.

Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

- Robert A. Heinlein -

Just now, Blue Devil said:

- Robert A. Heinlein -

I saw this online. thought i'd share. 

Just now, Imgreatagain said:

I read it.  It was a very good read!  Nice find  - not something I've seen before.

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Covers the topic nicely.

6 minutes ago, Skans said:

I read it.  It was a very good read!  Nice find  - not something I've seen before.

I'm on a roll today.. i'm a sesame seed

hahah

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I'm on a roll today.. i'm a sesame seed

hahah

Clever girl.

8>)

You carry a gun because you are either paranoid or have a sexual fetish for guns. 

Both mental illnesses. 

2 minutes ago, Scout said:

You carry a gun because you are either paranoid or have a sexual fetish for guns. 

Both mental illnesses. 

So tell us, miss Scout.

...Which category does this fall into?

trayvon-martin-death-photos-6-27-13-1.jp

17 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Heinlein also believes children should be armed.   'Nuf said, eh?

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

Heinlein also believes children should be armed.   'Nuf said, eh?

Armed children - is the history of America.

rabbit-rabbit-guns-hunting-demotivationa

It's just the mental defectives that ruin the story.

Maybe guys think that it is sexy,

for a girl to be walking down the street,

hiding an AR-15 under her miniskirt?

13 minutes ago, peter45 said:

You tellin' me this doesn't rack your bolt?

...not even just a little bit...?

2LREWMN5IZERPDC3Z3USZQWGKQ.jpg

Ha!

13 minutes ago, peter45 said:

When i would spend the summers in Central idaho, it was fairly common place to see a woman carrying a rifle or shotgun. Now, were they swimsuit models? Not even close. Most were at least 60 and looked like Roseanne Barr. 

53 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Why Carry a Gun?

My old Grandpa said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'!
-----------------------

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

PLEASE DON'T THINK FOR A MOMENT, THAT THIS COULDN'T HAPPEN IN OUR COUNTRY ALSO !!!!!!

In 1911, Turkey established gun control:

· From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control:

· From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

In 1938 Germany established gun control:

. From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

China established gun control in 1935:

. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

Cambodia established gun control in 1956:

. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964:

· From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970:

· From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------

56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control.
-----------------------

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

*Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect ONLY the law-abiding citizens.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!
If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

· SWITZERLAND ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD! SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

· SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

· IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

But this is in plain English...!

...So the Liberals will never understand it.

22 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

To be clear..I'm not carrying a gun at the moment., BUT very soon. 

very exciting. 

If you haven't owned one before?

quote-owning-a-handgun-doesn-t-make-you-

...It's the beginning - of a very American journey...

What's it like to constantly live in fear? Christ you people must be the most miserable sons of bitches on earth.

6 minutes ago, JeanMoulin said:

What's it like to constantly live in fear? Christ you people must be the most miserable sons of bitches on earth.

I don't fear sh!t, buddy.

Running low on ammo - may pose a concern now and again, or a knife gettin' dull...

5 minutes ago, JeanMoulin said:

Says the Trumphobic, LOL

2 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

+10 !!!

Well articulated.

Good article.

Thank you for sharing.       🙂

23 minutes ago, Taipan said:

+10 !!!

Well articulated.

Good article.

Thank you for sharing.       🙂