Jump to content
Imgreatagain

Road Rage v/s Drive By Shootings

Recommended Posts

I do not live in a inner city, and do not think I'm at risk for a Glock pointing out of a lowered car with dark windows..

HOWEVER, I have found that there are just as dangerous people out there that are angry, hostel and cause just as much harm with their 

angry, reckless driving. 

Another danger lurking in the shadows: seniors . After the age of 70, people should have to retest for their drivers license .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

After the age of 70, people should have to retest for their drivers license .

 

 

70  is not old.

 

people  don't  start slowing  down  until about  85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

70  is not old.

 

people  don't  start slowing  down  until about  85

Ok. So somewhere in that time frame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hankk said:

One of my favorites..

 

 

Here is the deal...   I'll bet those people in that  car were   not pulling over  in the  left lane and being  the real assholes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

Here is the deal...   I'll bet those people in that  car were   not pulling over  in the  left lane and being  the real assholes.

He should have shouted DIE!!!!! while passing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

he was passing  them   on the right after they failed to move over

I have got a real problem with road rage. I think I need help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I do not live in a inner city, and do not think I'm at risk for a Glock pointing out of a lowered car with dark windows..

HOWEVER, I have found that there are just as dangerous people out there that are angry, hostel and cause just as much harm with their 

angry, reckless driving. 

I've encountered angry drivers - everyone has.  But, I've never had anyone point a gun at me.  And, I admit, I tailgate slow people who mindlessly cruise in the left lane of a highway and I will often pass them on the right. 

10 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Another danger lurking in the shadows: seniors . After the age of 70, people should have to retest for their drivers license .

About the only time any law will be passed prohibiting/restricting seniors from driving is when the young voting population out-numbers the old-voting population.  It's just bad politics to go after the 70+ seniors who have nothing to do, other than vote!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

Here is the deal...   I'll bet those people in that  car were   not pulling over  in the  left lane and being  the real assholes.

I watched the video.  It wasn't a limited access highway, just a multi-lane local road.   And, the a-hole in the truck could have just safely passed, if that's what he wanted to do, but he had to ride side-by-side flipping the car off, not paying attention, before he finally passed.  The guy got what he deserved.  However, because the incident was being recorded by someone in the "innocent" vehicle, you do have to wonder whether this was a set-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skans said:

I watched the video.  It wasn't a limited access highway, just a multi-lane local road.   And, the a-hole in the truck could have just safely passed, if that's what he wanted to do, but he had to ride side-by-side flipping the car off, not paying attention, before he finally passed.  The guy got what he deserved.  However, because the incident was being recorded by someone in the "innocent" vehicle, you do have to wonder whether this was a set-up.

 

 

Oh, the guy flipping them off was irresponsible as hell.   I’m just saying, people driving slow enrage others, often with joy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I have got a real problem with road rage. I think I need help.

Yeah, I used to have a problem with road rage too.  But, I finally realized that in my area, there's a good chance that people watching me act like an ass would know who I am.   When I came to that realization, that was actually enough to cure me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skans said:

Yeah, I used to have a problem with road rage too.  But, I finally realized that in my area, there's a good chance that people watching me act like an ass would know who I am.   When I came to that realization, that was actually enough to cure me. 

I saw an old dude the other day spend about 7 minutes trying to get into the wrong car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

Oh, the guy flipping them off was irresponsible as hell.   I’m just saying, people driving slow enrage others, often with joy.  

Oh, don't I know it!  Why were they videoing this in the first place - notice that they started videoing it when the truck was behind them.  Makes me think they were going too slow purposely, possibly brake-checking the truck - stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I have got a real problem with road rage. I think I need help.

Me too until I realized that my anger is useless in that situation.  I imagined a huge trash can and tossed my anger in that trash can.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

I saw an old dude the other day spend about 7 minutes trying to get into the wrong car. 

The upside of that is that he wasn't actually driving.........at least not at that moment.  That kind of stuff is actually pretty scary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Me too until I realized that my anger is useless in that situation.  I imagined a huge trash can and tossed my anger in that trash can.  

well, since you ARE a survivor of a shooting..I can see how you would have  turned things around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skans said:

Oh, don't I know it!  Why were they videoing this in the first place - notice that they started videoing it when the truck was behind them.  Makes me think they were going too slow purposely, possibly brake-checking the truck - stuff like that.

That could be true.  Then again, I've known a lot of big truck drivers who are not exactly well adjusted.  Had one cuss me out for riding my bicycle on the road.  He didn't care that I had the right and the right  of way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Imgreatagain said:

well, since you ARE a survivor of a shooting..I can see how you would have  turned things around 

Wow, you keep bringing that up like you're trying to provoke me.  I guess you go into the big imaginary trash can too.  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...