NeoConvict

Banning flavored ecigs

We have 20 million illegal aliens in the country sending billions to human trafficking cartels. We have several pointless wars killing our heroes and draining our resources. We have China improving their stealth capabilities and flexing their muscles in the south China sea. We have political divisions not seen since the civil war. Should banning fruity flavored ecig juice be a priority?

13 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Should banning fruity flavored ecig juice be a priority?

Is it really an effort?

vaping organic plant combustibles seems fine.   Vaping processed chemical molecules like processed sugars and compounds like flavorings used in the food industry seems downright stupid and dangerous.

my friend gave me hit of his flavored vape juice, I coughed like I was breathing in toxic waste.   I told him to stop that crap immediately and get back on cigs.  He did 

just before that happened,  he was complaining  about bugs biting his legs and spraying bug spray all over the footwells of his car and legs.

i said bro..  you are hallucinating 

he is still recovering from the bug hallucinations .    

tumblr_mx0no2m1nm1sx4jfio1_500.gif

7 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Is it really an effort?

vaping organic plant combustibles seems fine.   Vaping processed chemical molecules like processed sugars and compounds like flavorings used in the food industry seems downright stupid and dangerous.

my friend gave me hit of his flavored vape juice, I coughed like I was breathing in toxic waste.   I told him to stop that crap immediately and get back on cigs.  He did 

just before that happened,  he was complaining  about bugs biting his legs and spraying bug spray all over the footwells of his car and legs.

i said bro..  you are hallucinating 

he is still recovering from the bug hallucinations .    

I ran a vape shop for 6 years, have vaped for 8 years after quitting a 25 year smoking habit. Doctors have scanned my lungs and have determined they have fully recovered. I have the lung capacity of a non smoker. I love my douche kazoos. 

here's the problem with vaping... It stems from the use of essential oils including cannabis oil. In order to vape the oil the cartridge raises the temperature of the oil to make the vapor but when it's inhaled it cools down and then coats the alveoli in the lungs and causes irritation and eventually and in some cases quickly lung disease.

1 hour ago, Giujo said:

here's the problem with vaping... It stems from the use of essential oils including cannabis oil. In order to vape the oil the cartridge raises the temperature of the oil to make the vapor but when it's inhaled it cools down and then coats the alveoli in the lungs and causes irritation and eventually and in some cases quickly lung disease.

Yes, that's just 1 problem with vaping.  In addition, 25% of all kids in high school vape.  I personally know children in middle school who are addicted to nicotine because of vaping - it's a real problem.

Here's the real problem with vaping - the cat's out of the bag.  People can buy the parts on ebay and other places to make their own "mods", e-cigs, and personal vapes.  Generally a vaping device consists of a mouthpiece, a battery, a cartridge for containing the e-liquid or e-juice, and a heating component for the device that is powered by a battery.  In addition to buying parts, middle school kids have figured out how to simply use a battery and some coiled wire as a heating element to heat the "juice". 

What about the "Juice"?  Well, you might be able to control that a little.  Raise the age to 21.  But, how do you prohibit the distribution of Juice from on-line purchase and via some sort of mail delivery service?  That's how kids are getting it - either from other kids or online.  They aren't going into stores and buying this stuff. 

Before people even attempt to come up with a solution to the problem, they better thoroughly understand the problem.

1 hour ago, Giujo said:

Vapor particles are too large to penetrate deeply into the lungs. There are certainly some risks associated with certain ingredients used in flavorings but these would be the same for those working in industrial bakeries. 

50 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Vapor particles are too large to penetrate deeply into the lungs. There are certainly some risks associated with certain ingredients used in flavorings but these would be the same for those working in industrial bakeries. 

That can't be true - the nicotine alone makes it deep inside the lungs and quickly into the bloodstream. 

10 minutes ago, Skans said:

That can't be true - the nicotine alone makes it deep inside the lungs and quickly into the bloodstream. 

Most of the nicotine is absorbed in the linings of the mouth and throat in vaping. Vapor molecules, just like any other water molecule like mist or steam, are too large to get deep into the lungs. 

3 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Most of the nicotine is absorbed in the linings of the mouth and throat in vaping. Vapor molecules, just like any other water molecule like mist or steam, are too large to get deep into the lungs. 

Ok - you could be right; I'll have to look into this.

37 minutes ago, Skans said:

Ok - you could be right; I'll have to look into this.

Water doesn't get deep into the lungs otherwise people in humid climates would constantly fight pneumonia and drowning in their sleep. 

Again, if the public's safety is the real concern, then the FDA should do research and have the authority to ban harmful substances from being sold for vaping purposes.

Trump seems to be opposed to teenagers vaping stuff that  (God forbid!) TASTES GOOD!

Damn, Trump is one shallow, stupid dummy.

His tweet will accomplish nothing, other than to reinforce how dumb us seems to people in the know.

6 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

We have 20 million illegal aliens in the country sending billions to human trafficking cartels. We have several pointless wars killing our heroes and draining our resources. We have China improving their stealth capabilities and flexing their muscles in the south China sea. We have political divisions not seen since the civil war. Should banning fruity flavored ecig juice be a priority?

You  are claiming that the government cannot do more than one thing at a time here, that there cannot be more than one  priority.

\The problem is NOT that ecig juice tastes good. The problem is that the FDA should protect the public from dangerous vaping substances being sold to anyone for this purpose.

Trump is an idiot.

But your assumption is a logical fallacy and is also dumb and without merit.

This whole issue is stupid reactionary crap. Vaping is not healthy for you but it is light years batter than cigs. I  hate vaping as it makes people look like bandwagon morons.

Notice they are only talking about banning flavored pods and not tobacco. Why is that? Also the problem seems to be with black market flavors with THC. 

If you are a conservative and you are jumping on the ban this crap bandwagon, you are wrong. Notice Trump is on this bandwagon. That's because Trump is not a conservative. 

2 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

Water doesn't get deep into the lungs otherwise people in humid climates would constantly fight pneumonia and drowning in their sleep. 

You are fooling yourself if you think there is no risk to vaping. The constant use of this product can cause lung inflammation and respiratory problems later in life. As I said before, it is still vastly safer than cigs. Just don't blindly make the same mistake made when first talking about the health risks of cigarettes. 

17 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

You are fooling yourself if you think there is no risk to vaping. The constant use of this product can cause lung inflammation and respiratory problems later in life. As I said before, it is still vastly safer than cigs. Just don't blindly make the same mistake made when first talking about the health risks of cigarettes. 

Safer. Inhaling anything except pure filtered air is less than optimal. I see the risk of vaping as equivalent to being a stage hand for a rock band that uses a lot of pg fog effects who moonlights in an industrial bakery. Same chemical inhalation exposures. 

4 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

The oil is heated to a temperature where it becomes a vapor but as it settles in the lungs that cools and the oil returns to its oily State coats the alveoli irritates the lungs and causes lung disease such as lipoid pneumonia

6 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

This is what happens when you have a raging big gubmint lefty in the White House.  What did you expect?  

Next he'll be telling you which firearms you're allowed to own.

1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

Safer. Inhaling anything except pure filtered air is less than optimal. I see the risk of vaping as equivalent to being a stage hand for a rock band that uses a lot of pg fog effects who moonlights in an industrial bakery. Same chemical inhalation exposures. 

You can delude yourself all you want but it isn't a smart thing to do. I don't care if people do it and think banning the legal flavors is idiotic and a was of government time and money. At the same time Vaping is annoying as SH1T! They puke that smell all over the place while driving and outside. They also look like damn moronic sheeple following the latest fad. And then you have the morons that do vaping contests. FSS! I cannot think of a more snowflake anti-manly thing to do. 

2 hours ago, Redoctober said:

It COULD BE safer than cigarettes. It certainly could be more deadly. It depends on what is being vaped, and there no one monitoring what is being sold for the purpose.

Trump's objection seems to be that it tastes good.  That is stupid thinking. Trump is shallow and thinks nothing through. His tiny mind flits from here to there, ever seeking some superlative to blurt, some dumb cause to extol.

2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

It COULD BE safer than cigarettes. It certainly could be more deadly. It depends on what is being vaped, and there no one monitoring what is being sold for the purpose.

Trump's objection seems to be that it tastes good.  That is stupid thinking. Trump is shallow and thinks nothing through. His tiny mind flits from here to there, ever seeking some superlative to blurt, some dumb cause to extol.

I don't disagree that trump is a moron. 

I am willing to be we will find out more bad things about vaping in the coming years.  So I concede it could not be more safe but as of right now, it seems to be safer. I do know that banning legal products because one or two who used black market THC products is idiotic. People need to calm down and gain a little perspective. 

6 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

I don't disagree that trump is a moron. 

I am willing to be we will find out more bad things about vaping in the coming years.  So I concede it could not be more safe but as of right now, it seems to be safer. I do know that banning legal products because one or two who used black market THC products is idiotic. People need to calm down and gain a little perspective. 

I see people vaping only occasionally. It loots rather silly, but  no sillier than smoking cigarettes. Research needs to be done.

Trump is not a total moron.He does obviously have a few talents. Critical thinking is not one of them.

I am not overly worried about people vaping.

From some experience and more observation, I know that people smoking spliffs cough a lot. People vaping pot cough less.People with water bongs often cough not at all.

When one looks at a well used glass water bong, one can see what surely caused the coughing. Rather crude research, but still research of a sort.