Jump to content
leftwinger

Water found in atmosphere of planet beyond our solar system

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Mindy09 said:

You asked the wrong person that question since I don't care what you take.   The only things I keep are the animals and the books.  

 

Bye-bye now.    🍸

 

Precisely what I would keep...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, leftwinger said:

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists for the first time have detected water in the atmosphere of an Earth-like planet orbiting a distant star, evidence that a key ingredient for life exists beyond our solar system, according to a study published on Wednesday.

 

Water vapor was found in the atmosphere of K2-18b, one of hundreds of “super-Earths” - worlds ranging in size between Earth and Neptune - documented in a growing new field of astronomy devoted to the exploration of so-called exoplanets elsewhere in the Milky Way galaxy.

 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-science-astronomy-water/water-found-in-atmosphere-of-planet-beyond-our-solar-system-idUSKCN1VW2TJ

 

Sounds good to me. I'm moving.

Oh joy!!! I always suspected you were a space cadet. We're you able to get a message back to your people? Are you now forgiven and no longer in Exile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kfools said:

Tell me son.....HOW did they detect this water? Article is of course silent on that point. 

I was wondering the same thing. What methodology did they use to detect "water" in the atmosphere.  I ponder whether Leftwinger knows that if they truly did find "water" in the planet's atmosphere, it would be nothing like Earth.  Earth has water vapor in it's atmosphere and water in its oceans and lakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, leftwinger said:

Not sure where you're coming from. Everything science story is false?!

People who truly embrace science are good skeptics.  It is actually rather scientific to question the precise methods of how such a conclusion that another planet in a distant solar system has "water" in its atmosphere, was actually reached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skans said:

I was wondering the same thing. What methodology did they use to detect "water" in the atmosphere.  I ponder whether Leftwinger knows that if they truly did find "water" in the planet's atmosphere, it would be nothing like Earth.  Earth has water vapor in it's atmosphere and water in its oceans and lakes.

 

Gosh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

Gosh!

Teaching you is like teaching a glue-sniffing retarded kid with advanced Alzheimer's.  Seriously, how long did it take you to memorize the multiplication tables to 12?  7th grade?  Or, did you age out before 7th grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skans said:

Teaching you is like teaching a glue-sniffing retarded kid with advanced Alzheimer's.  Seriously, how long did it take you to memorize the multiplication tables to 12?  7th grade?  Or, did you age out before 7th grade.

 

You are extremely stupid. Not worth thinking up insults for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

You are extremely stupid. Not worth thinking up insults for you.

You aged out before hitting 7th grade.  I knew it!  I once knew a 17 year old burnout-"kid" who road his motorcycle to 9th grade. Sounds like you have him beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leftwinger said:

 

I pee.

Can a glue-sniffing dumb Democrat do that all on his own?  Well, it looks like you are still making some progress; but don't get your hopes up - you will always have to live in your grandmother's basement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was there ever any real doubt that hydrogen and water would form water in a suitable atmospheric pressure somewhere??  I mean...it's everywhere, isn't it?  Comets?  Probably on the Moon and on Mars...???

 

I know it's cool that scientists can do a spectral analysis on a very distant planet's atmosphere and find out what it's made of, of course.  But is finding water really that big of a deal?  

 

I'm not trying to be a d!ck, I'm just not sure what the big deal about the discovery is.  I guess I had just long ago assumed that out of, what...hundreds of billions of planets scattered around the universe, some of them will have some water on them.. right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, leftwinger said:

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists for the first time have detected water in the atmosphere of an Earth-like planet orbiting a distant star, evidence that a key ingredient for life exists beyond our solar system, according to a study published on Wednesday.

 

Water vapor was found in the atmosphere of K2-18b, one of hundreds of “super-Earths” - worlds ranging in size between Earth and Neptune - documented in a growing new field of astronomy devoted to the exploration of so-called exoplanets elsewhere in the Milky Way galaxy.

 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-science-astronomy-water/water-found-in-atmosphere-of-planet-beyond-our-solar-system-idUSKCN1VW2TJ

 

Sounds good to me. I'm moving.

 

Sounds interesting.

 

Taking my diesel truck, guns, and a big stack of old truck tires to burn when it gets cold.

 

Paradise... except for you bein' there.

 

Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, impartialobserver said:

Interesting item. Not sure how if affects anybody directly but still interesting, nonetheless.

 

The world is not my consciousness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, splunch said:

I'm not trying to be a d!ck, I'm just not sure what the big deal about the discovery is.  I guess I had just long ago assumed that out of, what...hundreds of billions of planets scattered around the universe, some of them will have some water on them.. right?

Because they forgot to tell you that they found this on the planet too:

 

greyAlien_Colstudy1_abaker.jpg

 

Shim doesn't want LIBTARDS invading Shim's planet!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skans said:

Because they forgot to tell you that they found this on the planet too:

 

greyAlien_Colstudy1_abaker.jpg

 

Shim doesn't want LIBTARDS invading Shim's planet!!!

 

 

 

What are you sayin'...!?!

 

It's a Socialist Paradise!

 

Help them pack.

 

To-Serve-Man.jpg?w=1024

 

Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, theLion said:

Yeah, actually it did mention the process. 

Which was?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kfools said:

Which was?

“...observations made with the Hubble Space Telescope, which analyzed starlight filtered through K2-18b’s atmosphere.....”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theLion said:

“...observations made with the Hubble Space Telescope, which analyzed starlight filtered through K2-18b’s atmosphere.....”

 

kfools think we have to fly there and pour a glass of water. science is bunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 5:56 AM, spotdogg said:

 

Precisely what I would keep...

There's nothing else worth taking, and I know what I'm talking about.  lol.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If You Think , You Might Be A Republican."

 

If you think Trump is a good president, something's wrong with your "thinker."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mindy09 said:

"If You Think , You Might Be A Republican."

 

If you think Trump is a good president, something's wrong with your "thinker."

 

 

 

The most brilliant thing I have read today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...