Sign in to follow this  
benson13

Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens dead at 91

T. Boone Pickens, the billionaire tycoon who made his fortune in fossil fuels — only to spend his latter years advocating passionately for alternative energy — died on Wednesday, his office confirmed. He was 91.

Pickens, who began his career in oil and gas, became a titan of his industry, and helped to pioneer shareholder activism in the 1980s. Yet his thinking eventually evolved in a way that led him to embrace wind, solar, and other forms of natural energy to chip away at the dominance of fossil fuels.

I'm not the biggest fan of people who try to make last minute amends for a lifetime of wrongdoing. But better late than never, I guess.

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

I'm not the biggest fan of people who try to make last minute amends for a lifetime of wrongdoing. But better late than never, I guess.

Pickens was a visionary.

Pickens was a capitalist.  He was also a realist.

He understood the value of a diesel simi that could haul 80,000 pounds of goods from coast to coast.

He also loved new forms of energy.

But he wanted this all to happen naturally, through capitalism.  He wanted it all to be financially feasible. 

Not forced, through gov. regulation.

My lights, fans, computers, TV, and electric bicycle, run on free energy from the sun.  From my solar panels.

I love the idea.  There is a future for alt.-energy.  But people should want to do it, by saving money. 

Not being supported by the taxpayer.  There is no freedom that. Not.....through force....from democrat regulations. 

Let's solve the problem and let's leave the gov. out of the picture all together.  I read Popular Science Magazine.

The human mind can create anything.

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

What did he do wrong? If not for fossil fuels we wouldn't have anything compared to what we have. Thanks to fossil fuels we now have ability to invent and produce alternative energy.

t-boone-pickens-obit-lede-02.jpg

T. Boone Pickens was a philanthropist of the highest order.  The "Oracle of Oil" donated over $650 million to Oklahoma State University both publicly and behind the scenes.  He also donated millions of dollars to the MD Anderson cancer research center in Houston. 

"I don't need any more money" is one my favorite quotes of his.  He also said  "I've long stated that I enjoy making money,  and I enjoy giving it away.  I like making money more, but giving it away is a close second. "

RIP...Thomas Boone Pickens Jr. 

^^^^^^ever notice Untitled/Leftwinbger/duck615/RoomIdiot are always talking about mens body parts...

THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON