Sign in to follow this  
EltonJohnson

Proportionality - GRAPHIC Why you need a gun against a knife.

4 minutes ago, maineman said:

I lived on an urban street in the Centro neighborhood of Merida, Mexico.  There were no armed security forces protecting me.

You're either a LIAR or you were totally oblivious to what was going on around you.

Merida Mexico is home of the uber rich.  

You think it's not got armed security protecting it 24/7?

You even boasted about it being "the safest city of a million or more people, per capita in all of North America."  

It is safe because armed security forces protect it.

These guys (notice all the heavy weapons) ...

ssp-officers-e1461602813507.jpg

Luis-felipe-Saiden-Ojeda.jpg

Not only that, the city is equipped with surveillance cameras ... especially in the Centro area.

And yes, the military is protecting the city too.

How else do you think Mexico has managed to keep the city safe in the midst of what's been happening in that country?:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, maineman said:

the details of my weaponry are none of your business.

these are the   kinds of responses that are  unnecessary  and  beyond silly.   

You  just can't  say  "Its a 1911 .45ACP" (or whatever it is) and be done with it

Just now, Imgreatagain said:

but our weapon ownership seems to be yours

Well,   he will  deny this.  Yet  he will support a candidate who does.

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

You  just can't  say  "Its a 1911 .45ACP" (or whatever it is) and be done with it

he tries to be mysterious and aloof.. instead he looks paranoid and scared

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

not really...  I am not a supporter of taking any registered weapons away from law abiding citizens. 

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

Indeed.   He's a hypocrite on multiple levels.   He's a 0.1%er who wants to take from everyone else and give to the poor.   And I could go on.

3 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I COULD say... but, as I DID say... my weapon is my business.  Notice I did not ask you what YOUR weaponry consisted of.  Show me the same deference.  Thank you.

not really...  I am not a supporter of taking any registered weapons away from law abiding citizens. 

So what do you want? 

I feel like a broken record today   

3 minutes ago, maineman said:

I am not a supporter of taking any registered weapons away from law abiding citizens. 

but your candidates for  President ARE!!!

1 minute ago, maineman said:

I COULD say... but, as I DID say... my weapon is my business.  Notice I did not ask you what YOUR weaponry consisted of.  Show me the same deference.  Thank you.

What I have noticed about gun owners- they generally love taking and sharing about their pieces . Just my observation. 

Notice I did not ask you what YOUR weaponry consisted of.  Show me the same deference.  Thank you.

That is  fine.

I was just  curious.

Either way, hopefully you  will  never need it and  won't fumble the  combination should the  threat  arise

5 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

This is  real

This  was in  Honduras...   police confronting a  man with a  knife.

For the    lefties and  liberals  who  do not   understand  self defense and  why guns are  needed or the  type of  guns  needed.

This is real... again

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDA2NDM4/graphic-this-is-why-you-shoot-someone-advancing-with-a-knife

This is true and they taught that in the academy more than 20 years ago. What does that have to do with AR-15s? Nothing, that's what.

3 minutes ago, maineman said:

I’ve learned more about guns, cars , booze and politics from this forum. It’s like playboy . Lol I’m here for the articles. 

3 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

So what do you want? 

I feel like a broken record today   

a ban on the sale of semi-auto assault rifles... a total closure of the gun show/private sale loophole, universal background checks, a three day waiting period for the sale of any gun,  and red flag laws to keep guns out of the hands of identified dangerous people.

4 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

What I have noticed about gun owners- they generally love taking and sharing about their pieces . Just my observation. 

wow... I am not like other gun owners, generally.  That's awesome.

1 minute ago, nuckin futz said:

Mr. Colt, 1913 edition.

If you were using 38 special in a 1913 Colt Revolver, then THAT would have been your problem!   Colt really did not start making guns for the 38 special cartridge until about mid-century.  S&W did make 38 specials earlier than that (actually called the 38 Smith & Wesson Special.) 

If it was a 1913 Colt in 38 caliber, then it was likely a Colt Police Positive, which would not chamber a 38 Special cartridge, but a shorter now-obsolete round.  Either way, what the heck were you using a 1913 revolver for self protection for anyway?

6 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

but your candidates for  President ARE!!!

some are... some aren't.

a ban on the sale of semi-auto assault rifles... a total closure of the gun show/private sale loophole, universal background checks, a three day waiting period for the sale of any gun,  and red flag laws to keep guns out of the hands of identified dangerous people.

But maybe guns aren't the real problem, COWARD?  Here, as an example ...

well, im against almost all of that. I would be up for the age limit for gun ownership to be raised to 21. It seems that these disgruntled kids that just graduate are able to legally have access to guns..go back and fire up their schools

red flag laws are a good start, but what if you are just weird? not everyone brags about their crime before they commit it. besides, that would disqualify many people. and it wouldn't stop someone who wanted a gun bad enough

2 minutes ago, Skans said:

S&W did make 38 specials earlier than that (actually called the 38 Smith & Wesson Special.) 

Which is not the same as the  modern .38 Special  right?

some are... some aren't.

Biden, Booker  Harris, Warren and Beato  all are.

One of them perhaps two will be on the ticket

and you will support them