Sign in to follow this  
EltonJohnson

Proportionality - GRAPHIC Why you need a gun against a knife.

5 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Teachers don't want to be armed.  They want to teach.

Stop making more of an arse of yourself.    I  know a  teacher who was in the  Israeli defense Force and he  would   be more than   happy to be armed

5 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Well, I did not like it. I wished I had not seen It

I'm assuming it was some nut with a knife hacking a person or people up with it who eventually got shot.  There was a set of practical shooting drills that we used to do involving knife attacks. Knife attacks are fast and close-range.  In fact, trying to upholster your gun and shoot a knife attacker is not the best approach if you are a decent fighter being attacked by someone with a knife at close distance. You need to get some distance between you and the attacker before you even attempt to go for your gun. 

Before going into any knife-attack drills, my instructor would always say "no matter what you do, if you have to fight a skilled knifeman, you are very likely going to get messed-up - it's going to be ugly."  The guy who is holding a knife, arm forward, thrusting the point right at you in a jabbing motion is not a skilled knifeman.  It's the guy who conceals the knife holding the blade against his forearm moving like a boxer and slicing who will really mess you up! 

maxresdefault-73.jpg

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

Stop making more of an arse of yourself.    I  know a  teacher who was in the  Israeli defense Force and he  would   be more than   happy to be armed

Most teachers don't want to carry guns.  I have the links posted for the polls.  And yes, Israeli Teachers are expected to be armed and its PAID by the government.  

Just now, Skans said:

I'm assuming it was some nut with a knife hacking a person or people up with it who eventually got shot.  There was a set of practical shooting drills that we used to do involving knife attacks. Knife attacks are fast and close-range.  In fact, trying to upholster your gun and shoot a knife attacker is not the best approach if you are a decent fighter being attacked by someone with a knife at close distance. You need to get some distance between you and the attacker before you even attempt to go for your gun. 

spoiler alert.. something like that.. I bailed. It was very sad

1 minute ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Most teachers don't want to carry guns.  I have the links posted for the polls.  And yes, Israeli Teachers are expected to be armed and its PAID by the government.  

So, Im an ex teacher who would want to carry, and my ex agrees.. thats two.. 

Argumentum ad populum is a  fallacy 

Argumentum Ad Populum

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

Just now, Imgreatagain said:

it is all bs anyway. I tell my daughter to run like hell.

You are fair minded.

If the Catholic Schools(private), chose.....to voluntarily arm their Principle, counselors, and football coaches.....

with Glock-17's.....housed within a "finger-print" safe( meaning only their own finger-prints could open the safe)…..

would not the parents, feel that their children were protected?

Tiffany's.  Armed guards.

What if Clint Eastwood....was the football coach? 

Don't we want the good-guys to be armed?            🙂

2 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

, Israeli Teachers are expected to be armed and its PAID by the government.  

He teaches  HERE in the   USA...   He is  American

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Argumentum ad populum is a  fallacy 

Argumentum Ad Populum

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

So the poll is a lie?  You clearly do not understand the logical fallacy.   I have provided evidence that most teachers do not want to carry guns. This isn't a fallacy.

Just now, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

So the poll is a lie?  You clearly do not understand the logical fallacy.  

no, you dishonest troll.   the  poll is  nonsense,   it means nothing to those who what to  be armed.

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

no, you dishonest troll.   the  poll is  nonsense,   it means nothing to those who what to  be armed.

But it means a great to those who DO NOT want to be armed which by the poll is the majority.

So the poll is a lie?  You clearly do not understand the logical fallacy.  

Well we both gave you some personal examples. That’s is more logical and believable than a poll 

4 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

. I bailed. It was very sad

you need to  understand the abilities of a human and how dangerous they can be.

But it means a great to those who DO NOT want to be armed which by the poll is the majority.

no one is forcing them to be armed.   The majority  of weak and dumb teachers  can not out weigh the  intelligent and strong teachers who wish to not be sitting ducks

you need to  understand the abilities of a human and how dangerous they can be.

I am still trying to grasp how awful people can be. 

no one is forcing them to be armed.   The majority  of weak and dumb teachers  can not out weigh the  intelligent and strong teachers who wish to not be sitting ducks

So those that would rather spend their own money on supplies for the kids instead of ammo are weak and dumb?  Is that REALLY the argument you want to go with?

2 do not make a majority.  

3 examples in 5 mins . From two different people. I find that to be significant 

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

3 examples in 5 mins . From two different people. I find that to be significant 

And the polls are completely false?  My cousin and her mother were teachers and they've never needed a gun.  2 for other side as well.

9 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

American teachers are paid by the government too!  So, why aren't they armed?

21 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

it is all bs anyway. I tell my daughter to run like hell.

Good advice.   Which is what the camera man (if this was real) should have done.

As per the poll, They don't want to.  

Since when do employees get to do whatever they want?  If they don't want to do it, there are plenty of Conservatives who would.