Sign in to follow this  
EltonJohnson

Proportionality - GRAPHIC Why you need a gun against a knife.

54 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

mainemoron NEVER even hinted that he was arrested unfairly.

You have all the facts you need, but you're defending this POS. I can only assume it's because you're a dishonest weasel.

I don't have all the facts in that case.  I do know that cops are good and bad.  Hell, I got pulled over a few years ago because the cop didn't know its legal to ride your bicycle on the road in my state. 

16 hours ago, maineman said:

limit choice in cars?  I see no reason to.... I see all sorts of reasons to make ALL types of cars more safe, and we have been doing that for decades.  And cars are not a product that kills people if used as designed... like guns, and cigarettes do.

Nice try. There is always ONE type of vehicle that is the safest. That should be the only kind made. If the only vehicles on the road were the ONE of each type that is deemed the safest, there is NO reason for any others. It would save countless lives. All vehicles would be programed so they couldn't go more than 5 miles over the speed limit. You don't NEED any other choices.

1 minute ago, jerrykramer64fan said:

Nice try. There is always ONE type of vehicle that is the safest. That should be the only kind made. If the only vehicles on the road were the ONE of each type that is deemed the safest, there is NO reason for any others. It would save countless lives. All vehicles would be programed so they couldn't go more than 5 miles over the speed limit. You don't NEED any other choices.

You go girl!!

49 minutes ago, maineman said:

it doesn't make sense to make judgements about a very complex event from 24 years ago that was condensed - by me - into a two line post on this site intended only to make the point that I happened to personally know and love our current governor from a time way back when she wasn't as well known as she is today.  

I WAS stopped, by an overzealous cop - I was doing 35 in a 25 zone (which I still do all the time).... he detected beer on my breath.... made me walk the line - heel to toe.. do the alphabet backwards... odd numbers from 21 to 1... the whole drill ... (he CLAIMED that during the heel to toe drill, on one step I did not quite bring my from heel all the way to touch my trailing toe, which was untrue).... so  he took me to the station for a breath test.   

I KNEW that I was safe because I KNEW I had only had two beers over the course of the previous two + hours.  When the first test came back, at .79, I knew that seemed high and when the second came back at .81, I knew the machine had to be  in error.  I contacted my attorney  and told her of my very real concerns.  She said she'd look into it for me. 

She wrote a letter to the DA and, based upon the content of the letter  - which talked among other things about her concerns with breathalyzer accuracy - and, I suppose, the reputation of the author of the letter itself, the charges were dismissed.  I didn't drive drunk and the district attorney obviously didn't think so either.

I was, am now, and will forever be innocent of the crime of driving drunk that night in the fall of 1995.... regardless of what folks here say to the contrary.  End of story.

Seems credible to me.  Some cops are just bad.  

Just now, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Thank you.

It is credible because it is the truth.

the cop in question - a pretty young guy - left the force - and law enforcement altogether - a few years later and went into real estate.

5 hours ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Once again, I don't want to ban guns.   I do want to address the fact that guns make killing exceedingly easy and quick.

They are supposed to make killing easy and quick. They are guns. If you want killing to be slow and painful, then ban guns and let people kill each other with knives. 

This is what I've been trying to tell you. The argument on how fast someone can pull the trigger is not a good argument for banning a gun. 

I still don't get whey you are focused in on one type of firearm that is used in violent gun crime less than 1% of the time. Why? Let's say you got rid of these guns, you still have 99% of the problem left. You take out suicide and you have 40% of the problem left. What you are concerned about and proposing will not help in the slightest with our current problem, because you are focusing on a tool and not the problem. 

1 minute ago, maineman said:

Thank you.

It is credible because it is the truth.

the cop in question - a pretty young guy - left the force - and law enforcement altogether - a few years later and went into real estate.

I still can't believe I got pulled over by a cop because he didn't know that bicycles were allowed on the street as per state law.   I politely informed him that making me ride on the sidewalk was dangerous as per the broken bones I've collected.  

1 minute ago, Redoctober said:

They are supposed to make killing easy and quick. They are guns. If you want killing to be slow and painful, then ban guns and let people kill each other with knives. 

This is what I've been trying to tell you. The argument on how fast someone can pull the trigger is not a good argument for banning a gun. 

I still don't get whey you are focused in on one type of firearm that is used in violent gun crime less than 1% of the time. Why? Let's say you got rid of these guns, you still have 99% of the problem left. You take out suicide and you have 40% of the problem left. What you are concerned about and proposing will not help in the slightest with our current problem, because you are focusing on a tool and not the problem. 

I've never focused on any firearm.  I think they all have potential for abuse.

1 minute ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I still can't believe I got pulled over by a cop because he didn't know that bicycles were allowed on the street as per state law.   I politely informed him that making me ride on the sidewalk was dangerous as per the broken bones I've collected.  

agreed... some people just aren't cut out to be policemen.

4 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I've never focused on any firearm.  I think they all have potential for abuse.

You most certainly have. You are focused on firearms that are semiautomatic with magazines. You are focused on the rate of fire. Semiautomatic pistols are just as fast as semiauto rifles. 

1 hour ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I told the truth, nothing more.  I never saw the rock and I should've.  

There  was no bullet  hols and  no bullet in the car.

ergo...   no bullet

18 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

There  was no bullet  hols and  no bullet in the car.

ergo...   no bullet

And you can tell this just by reading words on the interwebz, Inspector Clouseau???

you really are an expert in just about everything, aren't you?

1 hour ago, maineman said:

You go girl!!

Honest debate here Maine. Why would you be against this? The debate is NEED over safety/loss of life. If the government decided to go with my plan, would you comply? There is no dispute that FAR more people die in traffic accidents than guns. If we could cut traffic deaths down by 10%, 20%, 30%.......what would you do?

1 hour ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Doesn't sound like the cop was doing anything but his job. .05 is enough for a ticket.

2 hours ago, Redoctober said:

You most certainly have. You are focused on firearms that are semiautomatic with magazines. You are focused on the rate of fire. Semiautomatic pistols are just as fast as semiauto rifles. 

Quote me.  :D

Quote me.  :D

What difference does it make when someone quotes you? That has been done today regarding your drinking & driving, yet you continue to sidestep . 

33 minutes ago, maineman said:

And you can tell this just by reading words on the interwebz, Inspector Clouseau???

you really are an expert in just about everything, aren't you?

This case history has been  well discussed here

Just now, Imgreatagain said:

What difference does it make when someone quotes you? That has been done today regarding your drinking & driving, yet you continue to sidestep . 

Once again, I was legal.  1 beer 2 hours earlier.  

Ok, It was a comet.  Or maybe a lightbulb.

I’d bypass a lightbulb.. those generally represent ideas or brightness.. neither of those are qualities you have demonstrated 

Just now, Imgreatagain said:

I’d bypass a lightbulb.. those generally represent ideas or brightness.. neither of those are qualities you have demonstrated 

I have trouble believing you were a teacher.  

20 minutes ago, jerrykramer64fan said:

Doesn't sound like the cop was doing anything but his job. .05 is enough for a ticket.

I'm sure he got .01 since I was completely sober.

5 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I have trouble believing you were a teacher.  

I never said I was a great one.. lol