Jump to content
leftwinger

Even Physicists Don’t Understand Quantum Mechanics

Recommended Posts

There are two problems. One is that quantum mechanics, as it is enshrined in textbooks, seems to require separate rules for how quantum objects behave when we’re not looking at them, and how they behave when they are being observed.

 

When we’re not looking, they exist in “superpositions” of different possibilities, such as being at any one of various locations in space. But when we look, they suddenly snap into just a single location, and that’s where we see them. We can’t predict exactly what that location will be; the best we can do is calculate the probability of different outcomes.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/opinion/sunday/quantum-physics.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

There are two problems. One is that quantum mechanics, as it is enshrined in textbooks, seems to require separate rules for how quantum objects behave when we’re not looking at them, and how they behave when they are being observed.

 

When we’re not looking, they exist in “superpositions” of different possibilities, such as being at any one of various locations in space. But when we look, they suddenly snap into just a single location, and that’s where we see them. We can’t predict exactly what that location will be; the best we can do is calculate the probability of different outcomes.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/opinion/sunday/quantum-physics.html

Theoretical physics and quantum mechanics are the same methodology by dated franchises doing the same thing 3 generations later. Rotational ideology skipping every 2 or 3 generations so the newer generations won't know what generations personally did a century ago.

 

Like crop rotation in a cultivated garden of maybes nurturing the nature to perform by verbal laws that always allow people of all ideologies ignore now is eternity as human rights of passage into saving humanity ancestrally.

 

Simple compounding errors won't harm anything naturally limited to conception to dead space from nest or womb to tomb regardless the species.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sole result said:

Theoretical physics and quantum mechanics are the same methodology by dated franchises doing the same thing 3 generations later. Rotational ideology skipping every 2 or 3 generations so the newer generations won't know what generations personally did a century ago.

 

Like crop rotation in a cultivated garden of maybes nurturing the nature to perform by verbal laws that always allow people of all ideologies ignore now is eternity as human rights of passage into saving humanity ancestrally.

 

Simple compounding errors won't harm anything naturally limited to conception to dead space from nest or womb to tomb regardless the species.

 

gibberish machine. AI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leftwinger said:

There are two problems. One is that quantum mechanics, as it is enshrined in textbooks, seems to require separate rules for how quantum objects behave when we’re not looking at them, and how they behave when they are being observed.

 

When we’re not looking, they exist in “superpositions” of different possibilities, such as being at any one of various locations in space. But when we look, they suddenly snap into just a single location, and that’s where we see them. We can’t predict exactly what that location will be; the best we can do is calculate the probability of different outcomes.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/opinion/sunday/quantum-physics.html

Yes,

 

It's nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kfools said:

Yes,

 

It's nonsense. 

Quantum mechanics, assembled gradually by a group of brilliant minds over the first decades of the 20th century, is an incredibly successful theory. We need it to account for how atoms decay, why stars shine, how transistors and lasers work and, for that matter, why tables and chairs are solid rather than immediately collapsing onto the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Quantum mechanics, assembled gradually by a group of brilliant minds over the first decades of the 20th century, is an incredibly successful theory. We need it to account for how atoms decay, why stars shine, how transistors and lasers work and, for that matter, why tables and chairs are solid rather than immediately collapsing onto the floor.

 

There are some physicists, who are coming to the conclusion, that God does exist.  

It is in the molecules.  The atoms.....like gravity.....an unseen force.....almost....from another dimension.

I am a cowboy (in my heart).    Could you explain fibre optic cable and "wi-fi".....to a cowboy 150yrs. agos?  No.

Where will we be 500yrs. from now?

Same DNA......as the caveman. I read Popular Science Magazine. The human mind is capable of anything.

Just ask Hannibal (Lecter).      😯

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leftwinger said:

 

gibberish machine. AI

Gardens of maybes.

Theaters of doubt.

whatifsisms by the bale,  ancestral displacements in eight hemispheres kinetic never the same twice.

elemental  Stockholm syndromes vs the Intellectual Armageddon way back when sole's mind SNAPPED!

The One Male of Nostradamus  has risen!   `

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

There are two problems. One is that quantum mechanics, as it is enshrined in textbooks, seems to require separate rules for how quantum objects behave when we’re not looking at them, and how they behave when they are being observed.

 

When we’re not looking, they exist in “superpositions” of different possibilities, such as being at any one of various locations in space. But when we look, they suddenly snap into just a single location, and that’s where we see them. We can’t predict exactly what that location will be; the best we can do is calculate the probability of different outcomes.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/07/opinion/sunday/quantum-physics.html

 and the purpose for you stating the obvious and very old news??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Giujo said:

 and the purpose for you stating the obvious and very old news??

 

Please take a break from being a dumb-azz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leftwinger said:

 

Please take a break from being a dumb-azz.

Uh huh... Im not the dumbass  who is posting an article about science that is almost 100 years old like it was just discovered yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and by the way I have studied basic quantum mechanics so if you need an explanation I'm sure I can explain it so even you could understand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Giujo said:

Uh huh... Im not the dumbass  who is posting an article about science that is almost 100 years old like it was just discovered yesterday.

 

have fun...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Giujo said:

Oh and by the way I have studied basic quantum mechanics so if you need an explanation I'm sure I can explain it so even you could understand!

 

You're a shiitbrain. Getting tedious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

 

You're a shiitbrain. Getting tedious. 

Uh huh... but at least I'm not confused by quantum mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THIS JUST IN...A GUY WAS SITTING UNDER AN APPLE TREE AND WAS HIT ON THE HEAD BY A FALLING APPLE!!! WHEN HE THREW THE APPLE BACK UP TOWARD THE TREE IT FELL BACK DOWN AGAIN AS IF BY SOME UNSEEN FORCE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Physicists Don’t Understand Quantum Mechanics

Worse, they don’t seem to want to understand it.

By Sean Carroll

Dr. Carroll is a physicist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Giujo said:

THIS JUST IN...A GUY WAS SITTING UNDER AN APPLE TREE AND WAS HIT IN THE HEAD BY A FALLING APPLE!!! WHEN HE THREW THE APPLE BACK UP TOWARD THE TREE IT FELL BACK DOWN AGAIN AS IF MY SOME UNSEEN FORCE!!!

 

Are you high? Drunk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

Even Physicists Don’t Understand Quantum Mechanics

Worse, they don’t seem to want to understand it.

By Sean Carroll

Dr. Carroll is a physicist.

 holy crap it must have been a slow news day at the New York Times... They have more answered questions than unanswered questions when it comes to quantum mechanics especially when it comes to applied quantum mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Giujo said:

 holy crap it must have been a slow news day at the New York Times... They have more answered questions than unanswered questions when it comes to quantum mechanics especially when it comes to applied quantum mechanics.

 

You're super weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

Are you high? Drunk?

No I'm trying to figure out why you are posting something banal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been the case since the 1930s, when physicists collectively decided that what mattered was not understanding quantum mechanics itself; what mattered was using a set of ad hoc quantum rules to construct models of particles and materials. The former enterprise came to be thought of as vaguely philosophical and disreputable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...