Sign in to follow this  
merrill

All of us pay for medicaid .....everyone of us. All others saying otherwise are receiving  "MISINFORMATION" and are living under the umbrella of drivel and madness........ so how is medicaid funded?

All of us pay for medicaid .....everyone of us.  All others saying otherwise are receiving  "MISINFORMATION" and are living under the umbrella of bullish-t madness........

The Medicaid program is jointly funded by the federal government and states 

This is from the Kaiser Family Foundation:

• Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP). The federal government guarantees matching funds to states for qualifying Medicaid expenditures; states are guaranteed at least $1 in federal funds for every $1 in state spending on the program. This open-ended financing structure allows federal funds to flow to states based on actual costs and needs as economic circumstances change.
  • Enhanced Matching Rates. In some instances, Medicaid provides a higher matching rate for select services or populations, the most notable being the ACA Medicaid expansion enhanced match rate. For those states that expand, the federal government will pay 100 percent of Medicaid costs of those newly eligible from 2014 to 2016.1 The federal share gradually phases down to 90 percent in 2020 and remains at that level. There is no deadline to adopt the expansion; however, the federal match rates are tied to specific years.
  • Disproportionate Share Hospital payments (DSH). DSH, or “disproportionate share” hospital payments are another source of financing available to hospitals that serve a large number of Medicaid and low-income uninsured patients; in many states, these DSH payments have been crucial to the financial stability of “safety net” hospitals. Based on the assumption of increased coverage and therefore reduced uncompensated care costs under the ACA, the law calls for an aggregate reduction in federal DSH allotments across all states, regardless of whether the state has expanded or not. These cuts have been delayed from FFY 2014 until FFY 2018 and are set to continue through 2025.2
  • State Financing of the Non-Federal Share. States have flexibility in determining the sources of funding for the non-federal share of Medicaid spending. The primary source of funding for the non-federal share comes from state general fund appropriations. Over the past decade, states’ use of other funds has increased slightly but steadily. This is likely tied at least in part to states’ increased reliance on provider taxes and fees to finance the state share of Medicaid.

46 minutes ago, solarcell said:

except the freeloaders that don't work.

They pay state taxes

6 minutes ago, laton said:

They pay state taxes

How did mankind exist.....since the dawn of time...….without the gov...….giving "free-money".??

2 minutes ago, Taipan said:

How did mankind exist.....since the dawn of time...….without the gov...….giving "free-money".??

Giving

57 minutes ago, solarcell said:

except the freeloaders that don't work.

they pay sales tax ........

property taxes ......

6 minutes ago, Taipan said:

free money .... where is it? nothing comes free in america.

You also are merely passing on bs rhetoric/misinformation which also displays a lack of knowledge 

Just now, merrill said:

free money .... where is it? nothing comes free in america.

You also are merely passing n bs rhetoric/misinformation which also displays a lack of knowledge 

Lawrence, Kansas.

I was born not far from there.   Missouri.  Missouri River.  Columbia.  Howard County.  Fayette.   319ac. corn farm.  Yes, I was a white, country boy.

Now, today, I am a mercenary.  I carry guns.  And I don't back down......very easily.  

Do you remember Jesse James, Clay County?  The Younger Brothers?  The same principle applies.

Would you consider having a date.....with a dangerous white man?  Does that "thrill" you?

No, I am not asking you out.  I just wanted to...….."stir the pot".       😊

14 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Lawrence, Kansas.

I was born not far from there.   Missouri.  Missouri River.  Columbia.  Howard County.  Fayette.   319ac. corn farm.  Yes, I was a white, country boy.

Now, today, I am a mercenary.  I carry guns.  And I don't back down......very easily.  

Do you remember Jesse James, Clay County?  The Younger Brothers?  The same principle applies.

Would you consider having a date.....with a dangerous white man?  Does that "thrill" you?

No, I am not asking you out.  I just wanted to...….."stir the pot".       😊

What does any of the above have to do with the topic at hand?

11 minutes ago, merrill said:

What does any of the above have to do with the topic at hand?

Jesse James.

Cole Younger.

White son-of-a-bitches......with guns.

rolling hard...upon the Earth.

It brings a smile to your heart......doesn't it?    

(even if they, and Captain Quantrill……….. rolled hard......against Lawrence)               🙂

9 hours ago, laton said:

They pay state taxes

9 hours ago, merrill said:

they pay sales tax ........

property taxes ......

it just means they receive a little less from the government....the working people.